Two MORE Reasons to Buy The Darkened Sea Collector’s Edition

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

As if the adventure of the expansion content wasn’t enough, we’ve added two things to make The Darkened Sea Collector’s Edition even more exciting!

[IMG]

The epic adventure found in the Collector’s Edition for The Darkened Sea gets even MORE EPIC! In addition to the bonus items players get as rewards for purchasing The Darkened Sea, the following items will be added in the December patch for players that own The Darkened Sea Collector’s Edition.

Players that own the Collector’s Edition will be able to claim these items. So, you’ll get these items whether you owned it before this patch, upgrade now, or buy the Collector’s Edition in the future.

Brother Island Parrot Whistle

Get to The Darkened Sea even faster with the Brother Island Parrot Whistle! This item transports you directly to Brother Island using a VERY large parrot. This item has a 1 hour recast on it.

Armored Battle Cat

Players will have their choice of one of the following three colors of armored mounts.

Bronze Armor Battle Cat Saddle

[IMG]

Cerulean Armor Battle Cat Saddle

[IMG]

Crimson Armor Battle Cat Saddle

[IMG]

This mount grants the Mount Blessing Dena Buff (400 mana, 500 health, 120 armor). If you prefer, you can use the buffs from any of your other mounts instead with the Mount Key Ring feature, which was already included in The Darkened Sea expansion!

In addition, if you want additional Armor Battle Cat colors, they’ll be available in the Marketplace for 2995SC, only for players that own The Darkened Sea Collector’s Edition.

Are you looking for more information on The Darkened Sea expansion? If so, check out this article, and set sail on the Darkened Sea today!
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Excellent!

This is what happens when players vote/march with their money! :)
    beryon and Lisandra like this.
  3. Dibab Augur

how about adding something to the standard edition? like that clicky
  4. CAM81 New Member

I bought the standard edition based on items, so is there a pay the remainder balance to get the CE for items ?
  5. Edrick Augur

It's nice to see that player feedback was listened to and a teleport click was added. Nice job.
  6. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes! You can upgrade a Standard Edition of The Darkened Sea to the Collector's Edition by paying the difference in price at the page here.
    Mintalie likes this.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Weren't the previous CE more like $59.99-69.99? I was one of those who PM'd you saying I really wanted to buy the CE like I always do but this year's offering was so poor (coupled with the increased price). Is the heroic character to blame? Sorry to say but for a 15 year game, the vets who are often willing to pony up more dough don't exactly need heroic characters....

Asking for more than twice as much still seems out of whack given the usual pattern....And clicky port items have almost always been in the standard editions...
    Jordis and Lisandra like this.
  8. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

I think the Teleport clicky should have been added to Basic Edition. It might help sales there.

In its place for CE Edition should have been a big bag (36-slot). Treasure Chest anyone?
  9. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Roshen, will we be able to preview the mounts in the Marketplace even if we have not purchased the Collector's Edition? Also, since we only get to choose one mount from three available options, is the mount being handled via the /claim command or as a one-time 0 SC purchase in the Marketplace?
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

11. Roshen Brand Manager

This will be handled through the /claim command. Players will receive a "Battle Cat Statuette" that lets them select one of these three mounts as a reward.

Players can preview them via the reward window before selecting the color they'd like.
  12. kramer2202 Elder

Cant say im exactly happy about this. Rogues were given new abilities and discs that do not work at all. Then told there is a patch to fix, and now that patch is being delayed? Why? I wouldn't care if it was just one ability that didnt work, but basically ALL of our new abilities are not functional, so it really stinks to know that we have to continue to PAY and play without them. I would rather have not known that there was a fix in place, than to know that you have them and we aren't getting them..
  13. Eatemupp New Member

if we already bought the CE do we still get these items?
  14. Lisandra Augur

Well this is a step in the right direction at least. Now maybe a discount on the $50 price difference would get people to upgrade.
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

16. Straha Journeyman

Ha! Hilarious, finally adding a port to the real hub zone of the expansion like people on beta told you to since travel is so cumbersome. but of course only for the collector's edition. Well I guess it's better than the RoF collector's edition that takes you to city of bronze wasn't it? Really should have been in regular edition with a big bag taking it's place for collector's as was suggested here, course I can't remember the last regular edition freebie teleport clickie, UF and symbol of Brell? Can't see selling the new mount only to CE people lasting either, since everything is about squeezing what you can apparently why turn your nose up at people who'd buy the mount but not the CE? Not that I would really, unless there's a green battle cat with red armor...
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

$30.00 mount and it doesn't even have the best mount buff.... same as the "cheap" ones (or free if you have HoT/VoA/RoF claims).
  18. Naugrin Augur

Now that this is done do you think you could nudge the devs to pay some attention to the wizard problems that they have yet to even acknowledge?

It's amazing to me that they let things go for this long. Then again they have my money already so I shouldn't be surprised.
  19. Rhymez Thebard Elder

If there was a 40 slot bag and a illusion key ring I would be all over it.

I keep hoping for mass loots. Wasen't there some talk of it at one point?
  20. Feradach Augur

Talk of adaptive looting system at SOE Live. No talk of mass/AE looting that I'm aware of.
    Rhymez Thebard likes this.