NDA Lifted .... Pros and Cons please

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Morgoth, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Ebonylight-Xegony Elder

Making it short and sweet since ive got a busy weekend.

This expansion is absolutely terrible. Less content then CotF and by far less raids. Yes they added some cool new tools but when it comes to content.., this is by far the smallest amount of content ever released by EQ. If you think things couldnt get worse the LoY or CoTF? You were wrong. This expansion should be no more then $25 and maybe $50 for collectors. I believe I get this expansion for free for attending SoE Live? where I felt I was completely lied too. This expansion is going to take EQ down a dark path im not sure its seen before. They better have something planned they have not told us about.
  2. Leerah Augur

OMG how can you kill your children????
    Lisandra and Shimmerleaf like this.
  3. Elskidor Augur

Surely it can't be that bad...

I do find the mount key ring silly an unneeded, but I've never been one for fluff. The worst expansion I've seen them push out was AoD on EQ2. It offered nothing more than mercenaries and the ability to switch one stat for another ( do their job for them), and that was it... no content at all. Sure you could justify it by saying you would spend 25 bucks on a flying house, but damn. Worse part is I believe you still have to buy that particular expansion if you want the mercs and stat swapping feature, outside of the all in one annual expansions. So a new player will have to pay 40 for expansion and 40 for that piece of rubbish feature pack to even be set to play in up to date content.
  4. Edrick Augur

Two of the eight zones barely count as zones because they are so tiny.

The missions are nothing more than simple "hail, move, kill 10 things, repeat" and not the missions that have interesting mechanics like everything we saw in Rain of Fear and CotF. We have five real raids and two little extra bonus raids. It's going to be a fun year. At least we know what Smedley and Georgeson's definition of a big expansion is.
    Shadva Del`Shai likes this.
  5. idej Augur

Yeah, It's kind of sad. Then on twitter one of them said that as this point they don't have any other raids or content planned for TDS but hinted there could be content patches added which means we will see some sort of zone revamp.
  6. RPoo Augur

skeletal parrot shoulder aug.
    Rorce and Mykaylla like this.
  7. Garshok Augur

(Though yes, visually it is nice - would that the rest of the package had been done just as well.)
  8. Leerah Augur

Oh I got it! The raid lockouts are to force raiders out into interacting with the groupers!
  9. villean New Member

had a discussion in guild other night and about half our raid force not buying it we will just continue to farm cotf i was in beta and i think the devs need to give the money they got paid back this expansion is trash
    Marshall Maathers likes this.
  10. EQsince1999 New Member

In regard to zone progression.

Do all players need to do all tasks and missions.. or missions only?
  11. Marshall Maathers Augur

Good to see one raid team willing to take a hit for the collective good.
    Lisandra likes this.
  12. Edrick Augur

What guild are you in?
  13. Shimmerleaf Augur

In regards to the stone tear and the alaran tablets - can anyone from beta confirm if these are nerfed at 101+
  14. Kravitz Augur

Sucks to be a raider, the social norm is to buy the expansion. A few guildies will buy it, and then you can't group with them or raid with them, so then you feel obligated to buy it. Also, there will be the gullibles and uninformed buying it on the 28th as well as the next 3-4 weeks after.

Good time to guild hop to a family guild for the next year that doesn't require you to raid, or one that is raiding older expansions! In the end, if you do pay for it you are basically telling SOE, the expansion was worth it to you, regardless if you are required to buy it to raid or not.
    Leerah likes this.
  15. Mardy Augur

At this moment I think players should demand nothing short of a response from Smed himself, as he was the one that made the big promise. Demand excellence, stop rewarding them for mediocrity. Speak with your wallet, it's the only way for the higher management to hear you. It doesn't matter what you say at SOE Live, it doesn't matter what you tweet, reddit, or post. They'll promise you the world as long as the money continue to flow in for them. Only time the higher management is really going to give a darn is when you speak with your wallet.

If you continue to support them even though you are unhappy with the expansions and their direction, you're just as guilty of how this game has turned out. As long as they get the money they can use to fund future projects like EQN/Landmark, they have absolutely no incentive to do better. But imagine the shock on higher management's faces when they get a monthly report that show a big drop off. All of a sudden they'll either have to earn the player's trust again by doing better (aka management allocating more resources for EQ1), or they'll have to go out and look for other forms of funding for EQN/Landmark. Something tells me management won't want to lose this cash cow.

Players should demand better, and only reward them for excellence is all I'm saying.
    Vrinda, Kravitz and idej like this.
  16. Numzan Augur

[–]j_smedley[S] 14 points15 points16 points 9 months ago (1 child)
    sorry, this has been archived and can no longer be voted on

we feel the same way.. which is why we ok'ed a larger scoped expansion pack for next year. Don't worry, we know how important Everquest is to us!
    I had to read that, line by line ... I don't think they care that much about EQ, in hopes EQ next takes the spot light with a new engine. I wont be playing anymore SOE games. Should have thought of that before you nerf'ed the heck out of the game this year Dev.'s. Looks good on you guys, really does.

I was hoping this expac would bomb with everyone, and now its proof.
    EQ I was so looking forward to keep playing. really is a sad year for everyone.
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. idej Augur

I would love it to happen. Unfortunately raiders are stuck and people will cave. Once EQ Next is released and subs drop, EQ will go on auto pilot and development will stop. This right here is the last chance for players to be heard and they need to if they want this game to keep going for years to come.
  18. Lottascatta Journeyman

I am as certain as you are that their won't be any additional content after release. With the skeleton crew of dev's left in EQ and the diversion of EQ resources to EQNext what is left in resources will be dedicated to fixing the bugs that will be leftover from an incomplete Beta. New zones are a fantasy.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

To be 100% honest, I'm not sure. I checked the T1 raid vendors earlier today, and they still had cloth cap graphics and helpful names like "rog dagger" and "priest shield". I don't recall them ever waiting this close to launch to get graphics and names taken care of, so I'm not holding my breath for that other set of gear to show up, unless they're planning on including it in something being released at a later date (revamp style).
  20. Garshok Augur

I don't remember the TBS mission nerf - that was likely when I was still recovering from spending 24 months in a 27 month period deployed. SOF was out before I caught up.

I do remember, though, when they nerfed quest rewards from Underfoot when they released HOT. SOE just nerfed the quest rewards experience; they didn't go back and nerf *all* exp from earlier expansions.

I also remember early on (PoP? LDoN?) when they decided that mobs in older zones were too weak for the EXP they provided compared to newer zones; they went and adjusted HPs, etc. for mobs in dozens of zones; they didn't go back and nerf *all* exp from earlier expansions.
    If they are going to do an across the board exp nerf cutoff, I don't see the logic of why it is ROF and below rather than VOA and below. ROF and COTF are both level 100 expansions - why the different treatment? I guess some level 100 expansions are more equal than others.

[And sorry if I derailed the point you were trying to make - as someone with max level and AA who has been holding off on a batch of ROF tasks because all the quest rewards would have been wasted, I'm wondering why the didn't announce a change of this magnitude months ago. Which makes me the cynic in me wonder how well this has really been thought out if they only came up with this 'solution' halfway through beta and are imposing it will-nilly the way they are.]