Best Joke, Funniest Bug, or Practical Joke You Had in Game?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gnomereaper, May 13, 2014.

1. Gnomereaper Augur

-Playing a cleric, when someone asked for a heal and beginning to bind wound the person.

-Playing the same cleric, a personed request a heal and then gave them 1 bandage. "Gee thanks."

-A warrior at a raid having a debate whether a healer's actions could get a main tank killed on a modern raid with "so many healers" was possible. Waited until 10% health on him, hit BDA, he clicked it off and was rounded immediately.

-TGB bug whenever Succor spells were able to be group targeted. While profitable to port people with less issue, there was also a short lived annoyance to port someone to a strange location randomly.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Random_Enchanter Augur

best pratical joke - actualy casting clarity (the lowest level one) when one one asked for clarity regardless of level.

best joke - Rangers

funniest bug - the nude bug that seems to not ever go away. a dev mentioned it not to long ago and basicaly stated that they had to do a work around to stop it from happening on DEs in neriak 4th gate

best (real) joke - back when PoD was killable, killing him and dressing up like him then convincing people i was the PoD and having them turn into PKs
    Nennius and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. porky Augur

Sneaking into my brother's room(he played a shaman) while he was in the bathroom, and blocking all his HoTs. Then spending the rest of the night cackling as he kept canni'ing himself to death.
    Lilbadaz, Brogett, Diptera and 2 others like this.
  4. Ratbo Peep Augur

Loping Plains
    Just zoned in and a n00b asked me how to get to the Hills of Shade.
    I said "follow me". Then.......... 10 seconds later....
    "Oh ya, You really outta levitate first."
    A true Wile E. Coyote moment. :D
    -Rat
    moogs, Feradach and JacklSK like this.
  5. Ruven_BB Augur

On a Frostcrypt raid, just finished the fight where you leave 2 of the giants up in a corner and move on to the next encounter. While doing loot, 2 rangers had just returned and were working on the flags. I told one of the rangers to hail the giants for his raid flag. He was smart enough to stop outside of agro range to con the giants, the other ranger wasn't ran right past him and agro'd and they both went splat.

Raid leader asked in colorful terms what had happened. When I told him I told them to hail the giants for their flags all raid functions halted for a good 5-10 minutes while everyone laughed. Every raid after, anyone new we would tell them to hail the giants for their raid flag.

Ruven
    moogs likes this.
  6. Tearsin Rain Augur

practical jokes and general trolling that i found funny back in the day (this was all original EQ through kunark):
    1. hanging out in EC and giving mod rods to newbies and telling them to click it for emergency mana, and seeing how many times i could play innocent and get a single person to kill themselves with it and get a new one before they figure out what was going on.
    2. casting flameshield on the orcs and watching groups butcher themselves on it.
    3. using voice graft to talk through my pet, convince new players it was a quest NPC, and running little 'quests' and giving away plat and finesteel weapons.

one of the funniest things i've ever seen in EQ:
    if you say 'you suck' to the roamers in sanctus seru, they'll reply with "nay, verily, tis you that doth suck".
    i don't even remember how or why me and my friend figured that out, but i about died laughing the first time i saw it.
  7. Ruven_BB Augur

Recently,

Imp Illusion the whole group in Sol B (HH) ,call train to zone and run the group to the zone out and watch folks clear out.

R
    JacklSK and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. Feradach Augur

I've never seen it myself, but I have heard tell of an invisible NPC in PoHate named SEQsucks or something along those lines. Rumor has it that it was used to back in the day to ferret out folks using SEQ by watching to see if anyone was dumb enough to say something about it, since they are the only ones that would be able to see it.
  9. moogs Augur

I allowed my college roommate (the very definition of 'special') to create a character on my account. He made a human named Supamofo, and spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around POK. He followed people around for 20 minutes, hailing them repeatedly and asking questions from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. One guy's response: "Jerry? Is that you?" left us cackling.
  10. moogs Augur

I liked when people could haste mobs in newbie zones and give them weapons when charmed. I wish we could have that back.
  11. Robnie Augur

This explains so much...

</3

Way back when on my baby enc I was in highkeep at the goblins waiting on a group. I was playing around with Illusions and noticed that Minor Illusion would turn me into a bag, so throughout the day I would /ooc blahblahitem on the ground at soando, and wait to watch people try and pick me up.

Also, I'm not sure if this was true but back on RZ when they took away item loot a friend told me if someone /qed and you killed them before they lded you could still loot them - so he would ask noobs what their attack ratio was and told them to type /q to find out.

Inviting people in pok/gl on Zek as a druid and then porting them into an unsuspecting death trap in some faraway place, like wakening lands or something was always good fun!

And recently one of our warriors was very fond of saying "Willing Sacrifice" to Grelleth, I think I spent around 10 minutes about tanks getting rounded on t2 before I found out what happened.
  12. Hayzeus Augur

Waiting for a wizard to announce a "tp to bind" at the end of a raid, and then casting sacrifice on an unsuspecting victim. If they don't pay attention to the pop-up... thanks for the EE. Necros are evil.
  13. Fendy Augur

"working as intended"
  14. Axxius Augur

Speaking of tricking people who don't pay attention and click on popups without reading... Back in Velious, when transportation still had a lot of meaning, we were competing with another guild in NToV that was respawning, and the race was on. We'd engage a dragon on one side, and they'd take another one on the opposite side, etc. Finally, the 2 guilds met at the Triplets, and even though we got there first, the other guild tried to jump us and pull over us. But then they suddenly lost 2 tanks and a cleric. Who found themselves stranded in the deepest parts of the Temple of Cazic-Thule. Clicking 'Yes' on a popup offering you to be translocated to CT was a HUGE mistake back in those times. I don't know how/when/if they got back to NToV from there, but by then we had already finished all remaining dragons. :D
  15. Daislet Augur

Evacuate + Mindblight raid (Wizard buff blocking the evac)

= dead group :)
  16. Deveryn Elder

Favorite prank: My evil DE mage handing my gnome necromancer buddy Gnome Kabobs just in time for the character to get hungry and eat them. He freaked out and started yelling at me. :D
  17. Tweelis Augur

I coh'd a jerk to right in front of the queen in Chardok.....after he asked to be coh'd to a safe spot near the queen.
  18. Barudin_Phinigel Augur

Using call hither aa to fling unsuspecting people into the beams of light in solteris =)
  19. Muji Augur

Where is burned woods at today!?
  20. Naugrin Augur

I tried to do this to a willing necro in DL a while back but he only took a lttle over 400 damage.....bummer. I was really proud of the idea lol. We made do with binding him in the center section of the grounds when it was current lol.