New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mordeen Lorekeeper

That is a fallacy. Nobody NEEDS raid gear. The developers could tune raids for group gear or even defiant if they chose. It is a carrot on a stick to induce people to raid, nothing more. Anyone who claims otherwise is just spin doctoring, smoke and mirrors.
    Bigbear likes this.
  2. Goth Augur

Comon dude do the math before you start freaking posting stuff. 1 mob a min is 80 hours and at 20 hours a week is 4 weeks.... 1 month per item or nearly 2 years for 1 complete stet of gear. that is if the entire group gives every single item to the one person.... if you want to deck out 3 people in a group that would take 4+ years... and killing 315,000 mobs

I used to play casual and that was laying 2-3 days a week for 3-5 hours. most of the time i spent no more than 10 hours a week on the game. if i were to play 20 hours a week or more i probably would not have been a causal grouper and would have been raiding to some extent. no lets take it a step further. How many casual players log in and start killing immediately? How many days do they log in and don't kill anything?

At one item every 5000 mobs that is what i would guess a fun surprise. considering what if you don't happen to look that one corpse and it happens to have that item...
  3. Goth Augur

Let me know when many people have a full set of this gear. i would be willing to bet it will be 2 expansions from now before you see many people with full sets of this stuff. by that point this becomes moot as standard group gear will be this good and anyone that raids will have far better.

and from what i have heard CoTH raiding is easy as pie and you will all have the gear in no time so then if you are still wearing ROF raid gear that is by your own dumb choice. I knew raiders that hardly ever upgraded gear just so they could horrid there points.
  4. Tarrin Augur

I like it when people who don't raid make comments like this.
  5. Tharrg Augur

Its 1 drop every 5000mobs that die... so if you have 50 people in the zone killing.. each person has to kill 100mobs each before someone gets item..... This is why items drop faster in zones with more people in them....
  6. Tasmanian Journeyman

50 Pages and no gm response yet.... Glad to know they are doing their job.
  7. Battleaxe Augur

Gotta say this has all been pretty epic.

Have raid quality gear drop in group content....check
    Do it wrong.............check
    To rectify players not playing fair, delete items BUT don't play fair yourselves and delete the fairly acquired augs on those items.........check
    Don't admit destroying the augs was (yet another) oversight. Act like it was policy.......check

While some might be a little out of sorts over this, the community as a whole has been resigned. It was kind of refreshing for Chandrock to post it wasn't intended/not our plan but some of the good will engendered by being forthright goes up in smoke when another employee posts we don't intend to refund the [BA, NOT SOE: unfairly] destroyed augs.

Believe me, players are used to SOE saying that they blew it. They're less accepting of an Abashi/working as intended approach.
    Pirouette and Ayoheee like this.
  8. Goth Augur

its not like some elite title only held by those who currently raid. i used to raid for some 5+ years. been there done that got the t-shirt. just because i dont raid now dang sure dont mean i know nothing about highend raiding.

blows my mind that some of you think OMG everyone's going to have this gear and its as common as defiant gear and selling in the bazaar for 1kpp.

some people having a few of these items here and there should not break your elite raiding mojo or whatever you guys call it these days.
  9. Garshok Augur

How did what Axxius's actions make it worse? Based on past episodes, he forced SOE to make a decision on this far earlier than likely would otherwise have been the case.

Would it have been better for this to been handled entirely on the QT, with the result that this remained in the game for weeks or months (hello original monster missions, OMM exploits, Rallos Returns exploit, and no doubt others that don't immediately come to mind)? With a relatively few 'in the know' taking advantage of this design flaw? Results of none of those were rolled back, IIRC. Here, SOE had the opportunity to take action before - whether just stopping the drops in the HA's, or removing items - before it got totally out of hand.

Seeing as how reports of items being removed are from more than just Povar, I suspect that other servers were exploiting this as well - just Axxius make the effort to ensure that SOE was aware and took action.

I hope that Axxius gets a year of play time or the like for helping get this fixed. However this turns out, Axxius isn't to blame.
  10. Elemtal Lorekeeper

If I do not receive my 6 augmentation and Erilynne Ornamentation back I will be retiring from Everquest and giving away all of my items which include such rares a Mana Stone ( the good one) along with 7 Krono's that will be distrubuted in Events held by me on Zek.
  11. Ammeren Augur

But what you said is just trash, like straight garbage, you understand that right?

You're saying IF the devs changed the level of difficulty raid gear wouldn't be needed, well obviously this is true, but why you bring up that topic I'm not sure, it's not the matter at hand..The fact of the matter is raids ARE harder than group content and so raid gear SHOULD by ALL means be better than group gear.

Do I think groupers should get raid gear? No. Why? Because they haven't earned it.

Any idiot can box 3 accounts and just farm up the raid armor, I don't even care that it takes awhile, it shouldn't be available to you self entitled ...I won't say newbs, but dang guys. Come on, you act like you don't know what EQ's about and how it works.
  12. Tarrin Augur

I was referring mostly to your comment that was saying anyone still using T4 RoF raid gear right now is dumb.

You are showing a clear ignorance on how long it takes to gear someone up in full CotF gear.

I haven't personally seen *anyone* that is in 100% full CotF. I am sure there are some, though.
  13. Tharrg Augur

Ok so since the gear no longer drops in instances.. what zones does the gear drop in ATM.....
  14. Roshen Brand Manager

I just wanted to poke my nose in here briefly, since there's a lot of speculation happening in this thread.

There was a small group of players that have acquired a large number of the COTF world drops by using "less-than-honest" methods in Heroic Adventures. The decision was made to remove the items from the accounts that engaged in this behavior.

This shouldn't affect anyone that received these drops normally in game or purchased or traded for these honestly from guild mates or other players.

Players shouldn't be missing augs, and if you are my recommendation is to contact Customer Service directly so they can look into this for you.
    TheQxx, beryon, Garshok and 8 others like this.
  15. Makavien Augur

You people are not the ones wanting to change the entire game from how it has worked since the very first expansion to being able to log in for 5 - 20 hours a week and still having the same stuff people that play 40 hours a week have. And yes the people you described deserve it for adjusting their schedules to make this game a part of their lives.
  16. Goth Augur

and what i am saying by the time anyone gets a full set of this rare raid drops most raiders will be well on to some much better gear.

need i remind you how long it will take to get a single char a full set of gear? 100,000+ kills
  17. guado Augur

ty roshen
  18. Tarrin Augur

And what you said is anyone still in RoF T4 Raid gear was dumb.

When you make silly comments like this, it makes it hard to take in your other statements. People will zone in on the obvious big flaw and ignore the rest.
  19. Elemtal Lorekeeper

Roshen how about you tell me were my 6 augments and ornamentations are then?
  20. Marshall Maathers Augur

Roshen,

Thank you for your response. Have they finished deleting the items that were deemed "less than honest"? Can people that have them using honest methods put their augs back in their gear without fear of being deleted now?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.