New World drops

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by fransisco, Mar 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Booger Elder

You all knew this was a known exploit and yall still continued to buy and sell these iteams . dont come on here crying about woe be me stuff its just silly. they should ban the people who looted multiple iteams . im shur they can track those who were chain farming these iteams and they should be banned and all the iteams should be deleated .
    Crystilla likes this.
  2. Langya Augur

I have seen talk about it on in game channels as well too. Its not just the forums.
  3. Garshok Augur

*IF* SOE is doing this, they can track the items.

*IF* SOE is doing it it would be better to let people know ASAP rather than waiting until they track everything down (Rallos knows when) and 'announcing' something a week from now. Will it cost them a bit more effort if someone tries to 'hide' an item? Sure - but it will pay off in customer relations.
    Pirouette likes this.
  4. Axxius Augur

I'm having fun but not at anybody's expense. I kept my drops (except a couple that guildees asked for). Even offered to parcel them all right back to Chandrok. GM came and took them. Woopty doo. But this whole mess does invite humor. SOE lets it go on for 5 days. Then they hotfix it. And then, without saying ANYTHING, start deleting the items, regardless of how they were obtained. It was a BAD idea from the start, and it created a mess, and they end up with a BAD solution. Not the first, second, or 10th time things like this happen. Is anybody really surprised by now? :oops:
    Iila, Tarrin and Pirouette like this.
  5. Gortar Augur

Booger those who use forums knew. Thats a tiny percentage of players.
  6. Orbital101 Augur

If you are so loyal as you are saying then why did you jump on the occasion to profit of what was not meant to be? I had plenty of time of doing it.. I would most likely enjoyed a piece or 2 for alts but not that way. With personall experience I knew just by the smell of it that it would end up to no good. Lots of thought came up to haunt me in the process either by jalousy been so close while they are there milking the cow. Every good thing as a end... specially if we abused it.

Its funny though because I was working my new heroic ench through DH HA and when i came to Gribble to request the next set of task i was like wtf is going here with 50 toons on top of each others chaining tasks...

Anyway... I'm not goign to get involve with this thread very much and my baby ench get satisfied by CofT mission gear so this is exacly what i will be doing.

Sorry for you all, Sony included on that one and will end it to that.
  7. Axxius Augur

What do groupers need raid quality items for? The group content is tuned for the group gear. If you want these items, would you like the group content tuned appropriately for the characters wearing raid gear then?
    Winnowyl and Yinla like this.
  8. Langya Augur

You might want to ask yourself if your actions made this situation far worse than it really needed to be.
  9. Makavien Augur

Not surprised in the least bit hence why I did not sell any of them.
  10. Harabakc Augur

He did what it took to get attention and get it fixed. I don't see why he should feel bad. SoE pretended like it wasn't a problem for several days, then hot fixed, then without any notification/communication started taking items from people.
    Westo, Tarrin, Pirouette and 3 others like this.
  11. Langya Augur

He turned it into a circus here on the forums, and flaunted the exploit or error or whatever you want to call it. Who knows how many people he told. Perhaps it might not have occurred to him that it is better to just deal with the devs directly if he is so cozy with them and save the agenda pushing for some other time.
    Sinestra likes this.
  12. Tasmanian Journeyman

I did not get these items to to profit from them I got them so I can equip them on my character and not have to spend a loot hit filling up that slot.
  13. Axxius Augur

Negative. I've spent more time helping the devs reproducing this odd drop, identifying the exact mobs and trying to find the exact mechanics that led to this drop, than actually farming. The devs were not even aware of it for the first few days. If the proverbial whistle was not blown, and this 5-day pinata party was allowed to continue for another week or longer, 'this situation' would have gotten much, much worse by then. I don't know how many of these drops entered the world and got spread around by trading during these 5 days, but the bleeding was stopped early. Imagine if this had continued for a month and affected thousands of characters?
  14. Makavien Augur

No matter with or without the easy methods bored raiders would of farmed the heck out of these items. Would it of taken 2 weeks longer to have as many drops sure it would but there would still be a ton of them .
  15. Langya Augur

So you are the hero then? Were you the hero back in the Cooling Chamber raid as well too? Its not exploitation or cheating, correct?

Its providing a valuable service.
  16. Ratbo Peep Augur

FOUL!
    After your argument about "how many mobs could be killed in what time frame" is blown totally out of the water, in flames, with no hope of any salvage - you now try to slide in some brand new angle about "need".
    If you hadn't been pretty straight about everything else you said so far - I'd just assume you were totally disingenuous about most everything you say. (based solely on that last little play)

-Rat
  17. Axxius Augur

I only turned to the forums because the devs ignored my reports while clearly aware of them and posting right here. And I wasn't the first here either. Nor was I the first to discover these drops, not by a long shot. The farm festival was already at full swing by the time I first visited DH HA. Please direct your rightful indignation elsewhere. I know you are a long time admirer of mine from way before this week. ;)
  18. Axxius Augur

Cooling Chamber? You are confusing Triton with Triality. I know, similar sounding names, but very big difference.
    Phrett, Enkel and TheQxx like this.
  19. gnomeboss Augur

surprised, mortals?
  20. Langya Augur

Keep on digging. You might get to China eventually.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.