Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Pirouette Augur

Please don't change rulesets to existing servers. That's just going to encourage population drop for the servers that 'opt out'. I already lost all of my friends when Mayong was killed, I don't want to lose them again.

And as much as I would love the idea of a new designated server for opting-in, it isn't going to solve the problem for players who want to catch up to friends who have already invested a lot of time in the community on their server. And a new server isn't going to allow transfers-in, that defeats the draw of a NEW server.
  2. RaceCondition Augur

There's nothing wrong with the sample having 'some' bias. We're trying to figure out what the majority wants (the developer's words), not the exact percentage.

The root problem was the developer said 5%, as if he needed to reach some magical percentage, when ideally, you just needed a large sample size, which we easily have on the forum.

Ironically, people have to come to the forum to read the changes. Hint Hint.
  3. Piestro Augur

No to needing a new account or needing to switch. Will apply to current gold accounts.
  4. Prathun Developer

A less cynical translation of what Elidroth was saying is that it is inaccurate to claim that forum posts reflect the will of the playerbase at large.

There are posts in this thread in support of the changes, in whole or in part. Their feedback is just as relevant and important as the posts not supporting the changes, and everyone is welcome to contribute. Comments which are not civil or not on topic are the ones in danger of being removed.
  5. Schadenfreude Augur

Don't settle for anything less than 3 days.
  6. Piestro Augur

Fill in around.
  7. Melanippe Augur

AA Grant for Gold Members

Our current plan is to automatically grant AAs up to four expansions behind the current expansion, if the player opts to do so. Clicking a checkbox in the AA window will enable the granting option and any eligible AAs will be applied the next time the character zones or levels. The option can be disabled at any time if you no longer wish to receive granted AAs, though any AA received via auto-granting will be retained should you decide to later disable this functionality.

Characters that wish to take advantage of the experience bonus for low-AA count will want to do so before enabling the auto-grant option, as any AA received via auto-granting will count against the bonus. At higher levels, the auto-granted AA could completely exhaust the bonus experience.

Based upon player feedback to the initially proposed changes, Spell Casting Subtlety and Tradeskill Mastery AAs will NOT be automatically granted. These abilities can still be earned as normal, but because they are not beneficial under every circumstance we want to make sure you have the choice of whether you want to have them.

For the sake of clarification, since this is already a done deal:

IF someone toggles the auto-grant will it apply to ONLY the character that the toggle is used on or will it be toggled on for all characters on the account?
  8. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Sadly, I am one of the people you just described. I'm a sad sad puppy.
  9. poto Elder

far from true
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If the new headshot will inpact archery pulling, ie headshot on a level 99 summoning mob, I would rather not have it at all. Refunded AAs or not.
  11. Prathun Developer

Yes, the AA auto-grant is on a per character basis. Each character will need to opt in by checking a box in the AA window before they receive any granted abilities.
  12. Piestro Augur

Getting closer to sharing that number. I need to talk to the dev team about the details, soon as I am done reading the thread up to current.
    Pirouette likes this.
  13. Schadenfreude Augur

I'm completely against Wizards getting headshot.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Nolrog Augur

This sample doesn't have some bias though, it has overwhelming bias.
  15. Jazya Elder

It was a dishonest post. Assassinate/decap are melee range or rear arc attacks which require the mob to be tanked - while HS doesn't.

Double damage bow shots also require the mob to be tanked. Either by another player or if the Ranger is tanking can use a barrage type spell to HS. Both situations are easy to replicate whereas a berserker decaping with a shield or a rogue backstabbing with 1hb is impossible.
  16. Beaufort New Member

Yeah this is not going anywhere. Basically you just explained that numbers don't mean a thing, that the experience that you have allows you to make wise choices based on other variables unknown to us. I actually agree with that.

But I can't help to get past the feeling of a mum's "It is so, because I said so" lingering around here. Many many smart propositions on how to make AA gain faster without granting a huge block of thousands that "new" players won't even understand, pretty much all ignored.

Anyway, best of luck, long life to EQ.
    Melanippe likes this.
  17. Ruven_BB Augur

If you hit a mob for 240k damage on your pull shot, its going to summon the ranger that just plinked him.

Yes there are other pulling methods, but with the time delay on shooting an arrow you have even a faster head start to get back to your group which can be benefit over other pulling methods.

Which is why rangers have been posting alternatives that allows the same proc rate, but doesn't remove an ability rangers have been using for 100 levels since day one.

Ruven
  18. Piestro Augur

One of the central tenets of community management is that things said through communication channels (like forums) are of course communicated by those who read to those who don't read. It's part of our goals. If this didn't take a life outside the forum, it wouldn't make sense.
  19. Jazya Elder

I would prefer this method.... not only is it easier to keep track of the level caps this way but it's a significant increase to the functionality of the abilities.

Also the level caps in the AA description like Finishing Blow would be great!
  20. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Don't leave me hanging. How is it far from true?