Changes with the February Update: Developer Updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Prathun, Feb 5, 2014.

1. Harabakc Augur

Considering the state of the gave vs melee in general, and the class in particular, I'll take that as a one.
    Fenthen likes this.
  2. Pirouette Augur

I'm AGAINST changing current server rules in any way, shape or form, but I don't understand what constitutes a variant server or how they are bad for communities. My understanding means you are lumping TLP servers in there, and while I haven't played on one, they must have been pretty successful to get a second round from SOE. And despite what some people insist, Mayong was a fun server: the best time I had in a while. Most of the people who went to Mayong were casuals, and we went there voluntarily not because 51/50 was such a "huge advantage" that it was an "obligation". We wanted to play the group game (back when I had more time to dedicate to EQ and less random AFKs) and there was a really consistent level spread in areas 51-85 (level cap at the time).

As someone who WAS dedicated to the server and its community, I had no problem spending time who only came to try out a character and then go back home to their main server. It was fun seeing new, fresh faces all the time...almost like it united the servers, which also happen to be separated by 'artificial boundaries'. Rolling a new level 51 character would almost always net me a full group within an hour, even just before the ruleset was removed when supposedly its 'population was low' (1.5 general chats). And frankly, there's a lot of content at level 51 that was really fun. The only reason why people don't want to deal with it now is because 1) the game wasn't solo friendly at that time 2) in blue servers there IS no group game at that level.
  3. Piestro Augur

Leeroy,

This is something to consider. I've actually mentioned you in one of my posts and complimented how well you phrased your ideas and that it was appreciated. That being said not every post or poster is going to get specifically replied to. There just isn't enough time. I really wish we could, but we can't. So it may happen, it may not happen, but your ideas will be read, considered, and included in feedback.
  4. Blackhood Journeyman

Nerfs are good, this game wasn't meant to be a 1 man 1 class wrecking crew. Kudos on getting it right

AA auto grant is wrong. Theres a lot of games that are good for players who don't want to put in the time. I want one that's true to the original spirit of MMO's. There is a niche market about to be thrown away because the thought that EQ can somehow be re-born into a modern age video game, its crazy.
    If anything new players will bail simply due to a dated interface when compared to the latest games.

Even if the reward for players, who earned their AAs ,is an additional 4000 AAs on top of the free 4000 the auto grant is going to leave a bad taste.

My wife doesn't post anything, thinks forums are for whiners(lucky her). When I told her what was going to happen she said 'why did I even bother playing'. So there's one non forum user who doesn't agree, so maybe more also don't agree. Stall the AA grant until Anniversary, take another look, put it to a poll. Offer an exp potion for players to answer an in-game poll even. Signed a 12 year EQ Vet. Constructive enough?
  5. Ruven_BB Augur

Elidroth,

Thanks for the responses, and yes I am looking at a gift horse in the mouth, HS was going to be rendered useless prior, and some added damage is better than nothing.

Thanks for your consideration.

Ruven
  6. Piestro Augur

Lower proc rate, increased level that it will impact (to 99 at this time until the next level cap raise). Will continue to be upgraded unless it starts causing issues again.
  7. Deadjester New Member

Dont know if this has been addressed yet or not but i also know that wizz beams do less DMG than Mage Beams, has that been taken into account.
  8. Abazzagorath Augur

Not a ranger, don't use range attacks much, but would it be possible to differentiate between the old original "range attack" button you start with that fires once, and autofire on? So if you click the button you can't headshot, but can if you start autofiring? So they can use the button for pulling?

Just a thought, I'm no expert on archery.
    Fenthen and Ruvan like this.
  9. Piestro Augur

I don't play EQ because it takes a lot of time. I play it a lot because I enjoy it. Yes having goals is good. Long term goals to work towards. There still are those. There is a lot of game post 85, and a large amount of game pre 85 still.
    airforce60, Ishtass and Pirouette like this.
  10. poto Elder

ok
    so why can't expansion AA be tied to expansion quest arcs?
    why are the nerfs to save server lag but will in fact increse the swarm kill times being implemented?
    so few are asking for NO aa easy path, just ties to reward not $$.

2 simple questions not answered once in 200+ pages
    Twochords likes this.
  11. Zaph Augur

Headshot change is obviously going to cause problems right off the start, therefore I strongly suggest you do not push the change out with the design lock.

Look at making it a activateable aura.
  12. Piestro Augur

Different kind of lag. Client lag is not the same as server lag.
  13. Coruth Augur

So any thought about making Headshot directly only on Focused Arrow Spell Lines with a higher proc rate? Such that you get the same total?
    Solves both the pulling with arrow issue + gets the full benefit while meleeing.
  14. Ronthorn Oakenarm Augur

I have played since 99 the same character a Ranger, when i started i rarely used the bow, i did not create this character to be a archer i always thought of him as the fantasy type Ranger (who was not a archer). I know i will make plenty of Rangers mad at me but really it was not till SoL expansion and PoP elemental bows that Rangers even did decent damage with a bow.

I would absoultly quit the game (not just saying this) if sony forced me into a bow only or bow is always the best class.
    Arthion likes this.
  15. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Would rather have the ability completely destroyed and taken out of the game than what is about to come out. Sounds like the amount of work that has to be done doesn't make it worth the effort to turn it into a buff. I would rather not be balanced around this ability in the future. Just my 2cp.
    Ronthorn Oakenarm and Zaph like this.
  16. Piestro Augur

Those people who prefer mercs don't like them because they are more powerful, they like them because they aren't people. Anyone who thinks a merc cleric is at all more powerful than a real cleric is not worth grouping with.
    Petts, Leeroy Jenkins, Yinla and 5 others like this.
  17. Jakle New Member

Well, at least you have multiple people responding in a forum thread...this crushes the Absor days :)
  18. Pirouette Augur

There are a lot more mountains than just levels. There's augs which have only been partially addressed. The Alaran Stone Tear is another good example. People who enjoy novelty items (illusions, mounts, mercs, etc) can keep themselves entertained for years at max level, including myself. And if you don't like novelty items? There's an array of clickies you could farm. I have an overflowing 24 slot bag of clickies ranging from IVU to Tash to Slow to instant add instant remove levitation (Aspect of the Brood). All of those examples I mentioned can drastically improve a Bard's utility in a group.

As for mob models from CoTF... I'll do work for free. I've been pretty disappointed with the lack of new models since HoT. :/ Here's an idea: Player content dungeons with player studio monsters to add to them! Longshot I know, but I can be hopeful.

Edit: VoA was an exception, but to my understanding the artist who set much of the look for VoA has since left. And fwiw, UF was my favorite zone in terms of art direction. I may not be a professional with an important opinion, but thats coming from a graphic design student.
  19. Twochords Journeyman

I don't like that this can't be replied to either. A few simple quests per expansion to get these aa won't kill anyone and will make this an easier pill to swallow for the masses. And might help these "new players" learn and experience something. The swarming being taken away may have something to do with selling lvl 85 heroic toons, maybe?
  20. Piestro Augur

You can turn it off if you want.
    Yinla, Ssixa and Pirouette like this.