Customer Service Announcement: Gold Membership

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Piestro, Jan 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Firrionafan Elder

I want my 500 SC each month, and let it build up. DO NOT CHANGE IT. As someone said, "Go Back To Ya Boardroom." Good Grief 1 MP item a month... This is nothing but a SC nerf. NERFAGE. Good Grief guys. I bought the collectors editions of last to expansions in part because of the TREE HOUSE and BEE HOME. Will never do that if I have to buy each tree, hedge, lamp post, and floor tile with real cash. This is nothing but a MONEY GRAB.

Oh, by the way did you not get hacked a few days ago, so how's that working for you? And us? Am I going to have to get a new credit card again, and reset up all my online bill pay, other payments, and such because of your lack of proper security?

Get it in gear, and get it right.
  2. ClapClap Elder

They got hacked...AGAIN?!
  3. jklmno New Member

Maybe instead of working on idiotic crap like this you could be working on more zones,spells,and other things that wouuld make the GAME better.This is a waste of time and leave it alone.NO THANK YOU.
  4. Kharmikhat- ARo New Member

This change is terrible. Why not just get rid of the bonus SC all together and just reduce the monthly sub cost across the board by 2-3 bucks/monthly (since we recurring subscribers are effectively losing 5 bucks a month). That way the people that actually want SC have to spend to get it and can still use it however they like without some goofy restriction, and they have an extra couple of bucks a month to do it with. And people that dont care anything about SC get something too. And you might even get more people to sub at the lower price. Now that sounds like a win/win.

Otherwise, this is a thinly veiled attempt to tell your customer base you want more money. The fact you call it "additional value" is absurd. Particularly with the current pricing structure in the marketplace. People arent just sounding off in dissatisfaction with this announcement for no reason. We can all see where this is coming from and where youve designed it to go.
  5. Vlad Diszno Augur

First of all, I cannot understand why some players get abrasive w/ others who let their displeasure about this change be known. For many, I am sure this is a big change in the way they can enjoy the game. Isn't enjoyment of a game the main component of its' worth?

I don't care for the change,
    It will affect the fun I get out of this game as I my interest in housing has grown large in the last year.
    The rollover 500sc a month was a very nice perk for those that did much w/ SC. It is essentially $5 / month for marketplace items we didn't need to spend real money on. So I don't see how folks cannot understand that is is not a small deal. That is a significant percentage of the overall cost if one had to actually spend the cash for that. Let's say one spends $15/ month for EQ, getting $5 of perks is not chump change. For those w/ yearly recurring subscriptions it is even a better deal.
    Scanning the marketplace, looks like I'll be just buying a lot of weapon crates of the mercenary to use in my banks slots and alts for lack of something more desirable to me. I had no plans to do such, I've bought enough big bag bundles in the past for my mains, but am loathe to use up to 2k sc on a housing item the might cost only 25sc, I would have sooner spent SC on housing stuff, the vast majority of which are from 25- 300sc. Sure weap ornaments and furniture sets are more, but I only occasionally want any of those.

So the new system will give you 1 item worth 25-2000 sc each month, providing you make the purchase that month. That's not as good a perk as they would like us to believe. I don't go out of my way to shop in a store that I occasionally get an expiring perk in. If there is nothing I specifically need at that store at that time, poof goes that perk.

On a side note: I unknowingly wasted sc this holiday to grab( for future use) some furniture sets on sale when I could have got them once this new system started up. Could have bought other goodies instead w/ the SC cards I bought and used.
    And I have used a few SC cards over the years, despite the 500sc I was getting monthly. I've saved the stack of used cards just to give myself a reminder of how much I've spent. It's 5/8" thick. May not sound like much, but it equates to at least another membership's worth of $'s I've given SOE.

They could have let us know in early Dec that this change was happening. It just may have changed our marketplace purchases a bit during the holidays.

Again it comes back to how much enjoyment one gets from a game that creates its' worth. Not everyone enjoys this game in the exact same way.

So those that berate folks for being displeased w/ this change ... I'll look for the nearest wheelchair for you, since I not seeing any legs for you to stand on.

Granted, we were never told "If we like our 500sc / month we can keep it", but we can still keep our opinions on the matter, right?
    Leerah likes this.
  6. dwarftosser New Member

Piestro you ever get embarrassed doing this?You should.This is yet another pathetic attempt at more money,
    Keep it up and one day you going to find all the gold people left.
    A BIG FAT NO TO YOU ON THIS.
    Maybe work more(some) on the game and make it better(sorry last expansion)Value for us if you are so concerned about us?
  7. Nolrog Augur

It wasn't a hack. It was a DDoS attack. Many games (as well as Steam) got hit with the same.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Randragon Augur

I tell you what, I would rather pay a sub of 19.99 a month or possibly a little more if we in fact got old content releases like we had back in Kunark, Velious, PoP etc.

Then I know I got something useful for my money.

Those that are posting here are loyal customers with probably an avg. game life span of 10 yrs or more. You never stopped once and asked us what do we want. Sure you asked for our opinions but very few if any have been inacted when it came to EQ and its future.

There is a lot of great feedback in this one post about the game and they way we, the paying populace, would like to see the game head.

Your business decisions of late have become suspect and embarrasing to us as the consumer.
  9. drkoli Augur

I hope I'm wrong but most people use save their SC and when xp pots go on sale they buy a lot of them.

Do I can see them making it to where the pots are part of the items you can't use the 2K SC on. I sure hope I'm wrong
    Eluwenie likes this.
  10. Uxtalzon Augur

I prefer Axxius' easy fix.

Buy 500 SC with the monthly 2000 SC as an option in the marketplace. And as Beimeth put it plainly and with facts:

11. Coruth Augur

Thier not going to add a "Buy 500 SC" for 2000 SC Coupon Option because that would be an actual net gain for players.

Since you'd have the best of both old 500 storage and buying 2000.
  12. Coruth Augur

Technical Question Piestro.

When things go on Sale under 2000 that are normally over 2000.
    Will we be able to pick them as our 1 Item a month?
  13. skipee New Member

This looks like a great and simple solution to me, that would actually give this added value.
  14. Piestro Augur

This is not something we have stated, it's just his opinion.
  15. Piestro Augur

While we have not yet announced specifics, I see no reason why not.
  16. Piestro Augur

That was a denial of service attack. Basically folks generated a bunch of internet traffic to keep you from logging in. That was all.
  17. SaderakhBertox Augur

I think I understand why the change is necessary, but I obviously do not like it. I don't want to sound like an entitled brat. However, I might as well throw out some ideas for recurring gold memberships. Things we could actually use.

(I removed my good ideas after I wrote below, bwahahaha)

A Station Cash rewards program for good ideas submitted through feedback.
  18. Yesway Augur

SOE reserves the right to end or amend the terms of this promotion

This is from the disclaimer in the subscription. As you can see the 500 sc per month is a promotion, IE bonus. I don't argue that it is part of the subscription, but it's still a bonus for that subscription. I've taken a little time to think about this from the view of people who started out getting this from when they first picked up playing the game, and I can understand why they think it's not an extra. However, it's the same as anything when you don't read the fine print unfortunately, and comes as a shock when you find out what you thought/believed is wrong. As I've said, I can completely understand people not liking the change. I just don't like people who act like a change to a promotion they get *bonus* is "a slap in the face" or some other over the top exclamation, especially people who have played the game for a long time and have paid up to 14.99 a month and got nothing more than the ability to play. Either way, I'll bow out of the threads at this point. In all honesty any changes they make won't bother me because I don't care if we receive it or not, but if they keep giving us bonuses I'll certainly not refuse them.
  19. IceSy Augur

I see this as a very bad move on SOE's part. This will do 2 things,.. force players to spend $$ to buy SC so that they can buy the 25, 50 & 100 SC items and cause the MP to see drastic drops in sales. I have a feeling Player Studio will take a huge hit here, as a LOT of players use their 500 SC each month to decorate their homes or buy weapon / shield ornamentation. This stance to the monthly SC awarded needs to be re-evaluated, as it could mean the downfall of the MarketPlace overall. Just my 2 copper.
  20. Trellium Elder

I do like this as well, and maybe add an option to buy 500 points of loyalty as well. That's about what we get every 4 weeks when loyalty is at max.

What it does is makes it very easy to get the extra 6 character slots per account.

And, they could always add a few more of those to the game as well :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.