Wrongfully Banned

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cove, Sep 18, 2013.

1. Cove New Member

I go to my email earlier to discover this message:

This is a notification from EverQuest.
    We regret to inform you that the account name: (blanked out for my protection) has been terminated due to a Community Standards violation. After reviewing our records, one of the characters on this account was found to have committed the following violations:
    • Movement Cheating

We do not take situations like this lightly and have ultimately made the decision to close this account. If you have questions or concerns about this incident, please contact our customer service team at our help site; one of our support staff will be able to assist you. Other contact options can be found via this link:----------

I look at this email and chuckle a bit when I see it. I originally think it is a fake email trying to get me to go to some link. I attempt to log into the game shortly after and find my account truly is banned. I have played this game, one character only, since 1999. I have raid leaded cutting edge content, been #1 in entire game on my character (gear wise, I like to think my skill is very high up there heh), been to fan fares and been a very good member of the community in general, albeit slightly less in the recent years compared to my first decade. I have never, in any way or form used 3rd party software. I play a max aa'd/ raid geared Paladin and often when I go around zones use the AA abilities "Speed of the Savior" and "Heroic Leap" to go through them at quicker speeds(these abilities being only things I can remotely imagine triggering something with movement cheating). These aren't the type of emails loyal paying customers such as myself should ever get. It is beyond ridiculous that I must now file an appeal and am considered "guilty until proven innocent" (phrase I got while on phone with customer support). Is this how SOE is treating their long time loyal customers now, or perhaps they always have been and I've been one of the few giving them too much credit?

My in game character is Cove on the Rathe server, originally prexus. Only character I've played since 1999. I am making this post, in this section, to let it be known how highly unpleased I am with customer support as well as the team that handles exploits/hacks. You are getting the very wrong types of people and doing a poor job.

-A once loyal customer out
  2. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

ouch I hope you get your account back.
  3. Crits New Member

I just got the same exact email, now..22 minutes ago. I as well, have never hacked in my life. I am completely boggled by this. What is "Movement Cheating" anyways? Let me know how it goes for you, any advice would be much appreciated.
  4. Blademaster Elder

I know that there is "something"(sorry, I'm being intentionally vague) that will cause illegal movement speed, I will not elaborate on it more. It is possible that the issue indicated can happen without the knowledge of the person banned, but unlikely. I discovered it by mistake and when identified I fixed it immediately, this was many years ago but I would assume that it still persists in potential.
  5. Graytis Lorekeeper

Wife just received the same email (movement cheating) on one of her two accounts, and she'd never dream of cheating. She's pretty distraught, and therefore so am I. That's 4 accounts total riding on a quick resolution. We can keep connections to our EQ family through social media.
  6. Crits New Member

What classes does your wife play, Graytis? What account did she get the email on? Also, Cove..just the paladin is played? I box a bard, wondering if the constantly having selos or something has to do with it. Dunno, boggled and angry atm.
  7. Tobynn Augur

Received the same email here, from donotreply@soe.sony.com -- account terminated for "Movement Cheating".

Currently, I am still logged into these forums, and also character is still in game. I have no intention of exiting either one.

Someone needs to get their head outta their anus.
  8. Eaiana Augur

My 9+ year old account has been banned also. I filed a petition, all I can say is it better be resolved quickly.
  9. Graytis Lorekeeper

We both have several alts, but yes, she often groups toons on the banned account with the bard main that she plays on her non-banned account.
  10. Meteora Elder

I've noticed very odd movement in the game lately. If you stand still and turn you will have the animation for the first half degree of the turn, and then you look like a stiff board with no movement as you spin around. It's very odd and i didn't start seeing it happen until 2 patches ago. It seems to only happen as humanoid model. If you're something like a skeleton or a shroom you turn normal.

It's happening on 2 different computers. And i'm not the only one seeing it
  11. Kurayami Augur

I've noticed a warp back or two moving myself, be moving somewhere, suddenly find myself back where I started or haflway through. So people are getting banned for packet loss now, NICEEEE!
    Leninya and Leerah like this.
  12. Artemis-Entreri Augur

Sounds like a bug, I hope you guys, an gals don't have to wait too long to get your issue resolved. /cheers
  13. Edrick Augur

Piestro, I implore you to reply to this thread as soon as you can. This sounds like it is targeting random people, or a GM is severely mistaken.
  14. Lenowill Augur

Well this doesn't sound good. :-/
  15. Bigstomp Augur

Maybe they were expecting this that's why they're reminding us not to mess up loot on raids so CS has time to unban people.
  16. Toxins New Member

I also received this email a couple of hours ago. I've been playing since 2001 and I have no idea what this is about...
  17. Recnarp Augur

Sounds like a bug. I know they implemented an anticheat method to detect improper player movements since all the warping/speedhacking went down on TLP servers. The system is probably flagging accounts because some abilities/movements aren't being checked off as being a valid location changes. *shrugs*

Or, they just secretly stepped up their detection methods and now more players are getting caught. :cool:
  18. Kelefane Augur

I wonder if this has something to do with those AA leaps? Like Blink, Hatestep and Whisperwind etc?

If so, this wont be the first time that someone was wrongfully suspended/banned for using those AAs.
    Sinestra likes this.
  19. Recnarp Augur

Cheetah Pounce seems ok for now.
  20. Vagizzle New Member

My sk Astehroth banned as well on the xegony server. Last time I logged in I was in the old naggy zone and logged out cos the mobs where level 30. wonder if that was anything to do with it.
    Terminat likes this.