Zero contribution should equal zero rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CantLoginWithPS, Dec 14, 2023.

1. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Wait...

THIS IS A CLAMP THREAD NOW??!!!

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  2. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

As far as being clamped goes...

The reason seasonals work is because...

Are you ready?.......

Waaaaaaiiiiiiitttt for it...

THEY ARE SEASONAL

They aren't the actual game. They are limited-time side-missions specifically designed for all players.

LIMITED TIME. SIDE.

They aren't meant to fully represent the full-time, actual progress that a player has made.

It is tolerated because its a small amount of time that doesn't impact the actual progress a player has made.

The clamp?.... Not so much.
    • Like x 3
  3. the solowing Unwavering Player

Dont you have a clamped thread to discuss that in?
    • Like x 1
  4. the solowing Unwavering Player

Blows my mind, its not seeing past instant gratification.
    • Like x 1
  5. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Several.

But: I'm not the one who brought it up here....

Just pointing out the differences... and why one works (for me)... and the other doesn't.
  6. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

What blows my mind is not seeing the difference between choosing to do something and being forced to do something.
    • Like x 2
  7. the solowing Unwavering Player

Unfortunately we dont have a population capable of splitting the playerbase currently to manage that. Can you see that? If they do, the more run side will pretty much will kill off the lesser run side.

The Pvp side was once bustling with player activity. But when everybody got funneled over to PvE, eventually if you wanted to play with others you had to move to the PvE side. It was a choice. But in the end, not really.
    • Like x 1
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I know, it's a lovely dream, though. Or even just making the reward proportional to the amount of effort made -- which, before anyone says anything, I know penalizes less-skilled players or players with low-level toons. I do think the bare minimum should be "zero contribution equals zero rewards," though.
    • Like x 2
  9. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Since you brought it up: I've never understood why a player can join an instance already in progress, but can't join the boss fight. I mean, what's the point? If the game puts you into an instance where the group is already fighting the boss, then why can't the game put a portal outside the fight to let you in? We already have them for groups where one player starts the boss fight before everyone is in the room. We have them for Event versions of instances.

I queued up to play, not to be stuck behind a closed door for 5 minutes, where I can't even watch what's going on.
    • Like x 1
  10. Proxystar #Perception

I think it's so the player can join in should the group wipe, in event content the portal doesn't disappear. However, if a portal opened for a new player then likely it would require programming to avoid players gaming the system.

Oh someones out, quick just leave the instance, we'll invite you back and you'll be able to come back in.

Your idea isn't a bad one, but would require back end programming to ensure it isn't abused by players just trying to circumvent things.
    • Like x 2
  11. SingingCoyote Active Player

Yeah yeah yeah bla bla bla whatever... just keep working hard fighting the boss while I enjoy my little netflix show :rolleyes:
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Proxy started it....

• Like x 2
  13. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

...then you jumped onboard too.

So don't throw stones, you might shatter your glass house.
    • Like x 1
  14. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

As I see it, they have to allow people to join. Many random groups(as most omnis/EEG are) fall apart as people leave, and as groups wipe bosses, hence why so many have 20+ person rosters. If someone leaves after they die, allowing someone in that can't join THAT fight, might keep someone else from leaving if they die. Making it so that you can't join until an actual boss is accessible (like a wipe happens OR you move to the next boss) will exacerbate the issue with groups that fall apart already then have to wait by a door to see if someone shows up.
    • Like x 3
  15. Tokkenn Active Player

I agree with the sentiment. The problem is the fix will hurt innocent people if its harsh at all. Some of these "squatters" are players stuck in a long or endless loading screen.
    I think the only fix is to have them receive no reward, but get no punishment either.
    • Like x 1
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This could have been true of the Stabilizer duo (although, you still get loot if you are in the run, even if you are loading still...your body, and therefore pockets...is there).

But seasonal alerts or event runs? No loading screen is that long.
  17. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Who's fault is that?....

So.... What was once popular and bustling.... was altered... and now "Unfortunately we dont have a population capable of splitting the playerbase"....

So.... some decisions and changes really weren't beneficia...l and were actually detrimental for the game and its population.

Imagine that.
    • Like x 3
  18. the solowing Unwavering Player

In part, ours.
  19. GhostRyder3000 Dedicated Player

Yes...

Yours... the "We need to be clamped" crowd.

Fully agree.
    :p
    (Just kidding)
    • Like x 2
  20. the solowing Unwavering Player

It was changed because of the complaints of players getting mauled and jumped just trying to play the game fresh off the brainaic ship. Chinatown was infamous for that due to it being a low level starter zone and a PvP hotspot.

The players asked for said change, so the devs responded by removing the choice and funneling everyone into PvE and making selecting PvP phase a proactive choice, and many chose not to. Many had to move to PvE to play with a population that was dwindling by the day on the PvP phase

And why would it be any different with a optional clamp?