Your mobile phone history.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Arwen Skywalker, Jan 20, 2016.

1. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

I was sorting through an old box trying to get rid of clutter in my room the other day and found one of my old phones. So I kind of reminisced about the phone I had throughout my days.

My first phone, right around when I was in middle school, was a hand-me-down Bosch Com 509 from my dad.
    [IMG]

Second one, just a couple of years later, was a hand-me-down Sony Ericsson T68i from my mom. This was pretty cool back then being colored and all.
    [IMG]
    From this point, Nokia started booming commercially.

My Nokia phase. Third (3350) which got stolen during a fieldtrip, fourth (3360) the biggest phone I owned currently back then til it gave up, fifth phone (6600) which is a bar of soap of a phone which I had til I graduated to highschool, it was the phone I found in the box, it's still working.
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    Most kid had the famous 3210s and 3310s, which was pretty much a staple phone. I remember my brother owning an N-Gage which back then was pretty cool.

I had the 6600 during my freshman and sophomore year in HS, until manufacturers came up with better looking/performing phones. A lot of my highschool friends owned the thin, flip Motorola Razer, which tbh was cool "teenager" phone. It was the time when phone brands could satisfy your preference and since I prefer listening to music, my next phones were a series of Walkman phones from Sony Ericsson.

Sony Ericsson's were HELLA stylish back then. You have a choice of W series (walkman) better audio or K series (cybershot) better camera.

Sixth phone (W850) which was a gorgeous slide phone, with a light visualizer and great audio. I had this for a good 4 years, til I graduated college. Some b*tch in the uni stole it while I was taking an exam. Of all the phones I had, this was my favorite. Size, style, capabilities, just fit me.
    [IMG]

Seventh phone (W200) was a quick replacement phone for my W850, it was a massive downgrade but luckily Sony Ericsson had a phone in that range of budget that was still in my preference. It was my phone for a couple of years UNTIL, yet again, it got stolen. I was on my way home from the uni, I was really tired so I dozed off and found out I was pick-pocketed (being in a third-world country, it happens more than often). Still a decent sounding phone being it's a walkman phone.
    [IMG]

Sixth phone (Sony Ericsson Elm). I got this on my birthday just to get rid of W200. I still had to keep it in budget so I kinda just winged it with this phone. Still, Sony Ericcson currently then was making stylish phone so this didn't disappoint.
    [IMG]
    funny thing was, my dad told me the color black sold out, and I got this in pink.

Seventh phone (Blackberry Bold 9000). A hand-me-down phone. Every 2-3 years my dad gets to pick a new phone (which was a gorgeous BB 9900 touch) and keeps his old one. BB's were the epitome of a business man's phone. My first qwerty keyboard phone. This was pretty cool since it had a leather back casing and a trackball for navigating the UI. This one's still in our house in it's original box just dusting away.
    [IMG]

Eight phone (Sony Ericsson Xperia neo V). After a short break from SE, my mom's phone plan came with a free phone, which she gladly gave to me, knowing I prefer SE phones. I think she had a Note1 back then which she couldn't just replace. The touch screen era of phones, Sony Ericsson was pretty consistent with styling their phones. They were putting everything they had in their newer series unlike the W and K series. You'd have both, walkman on your audio, cybershot camera and bravia for your display. I handed this down to my nephew which he carelessly destroyed.
    [IMG]

Ninth phone (Sony Xperia ZR). My first salary-paid phone I got for my birthday. Android, runs smooth, great camera, walkman player and.... it's waterproof. I had a lot of memories with this phone since I literally took it everywhere, the beach, trekking to waterfalls or just a friend's pool. This one's just in a drawer, still works.
    [IMG]

Current phone (Samsung Note 2) due to the nature of my work (and how freaking expensive the new Z series are), I needed a larger phone for work. Luckily, yet again, my mom got a free phone from her plan so I asked if I could have her Note 2. This one had a pen which really helped me on quick picture editing if I needed to. But to be honest, I hate having huge phones. They're kinda difficult to hold and use with one hand. Putting them back in my pocket, if I were seated, is difficult too. They aren't as sexy as Xperia's but for now, it'll do.
    [IMG]

What were your phones back then?

got the images from gsm arena for size uniformity. =)
    • Like x 1
  2. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

It hung on the wall, never misplaced it , never had to mute it when I went to the Dr , never dropped a call
    • Like x 2
  3. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. VictoryMC98 Dedicated Player

The Only phone I have ever used.. It's really smart, it knows when not to have a signal
    [IMG]
  5. CHUD Loyal Player

[IMG]

I seriously need to upgrade at some point in time.
    • Like x 4
  6. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

First cell phone had was a Motorola flipphone (bulky little thing, with an LED display that eventually crapped out, some of the 'bars' that make up the display stopped working, still have it around somewhere), upgraded to a Samsung (not sure what model, still have but can't get to it at the moment, never used it much), then got another Motorola from a different provider (had that for a couple years, only really used to chat with nephew, until missed topping up the pre-pay by two weeks and lost the number, till have it but never bothered getting a new number), went back to the Samsung provider when they changed service and had to get a new phone (kept the number but now have to top up at least once a year, still have over $120 credit)

Not really sure why have a cell phone as refuse to talk on phones :confused:
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

This was the first one I ever used, but it belonged to my now father-in-law. I used it to call EMS to an MVA in the mountains of east Tennessee.

[IMG]

My first personal phone was this old Nokia. That think swung heavy on my poor belt clip, lol!

[IMG]

I currently have a Moto X, which is about a year and a half old. Work well, but already pretty outdated.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. Deathmike Devoted Player

I don't remember what it was but I found my first mobile phone on the ground. It was basically open-world loot.
    Good times.

Deathmike out.
  9. Scarlet Mysty Loyal Player

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    After this it goes a bit back and forth and haywire. Either didn't have a phone or had a half broken hand me down with no credit. I resisted phone contracts for the longest time, finally got a 30day rolling sim only deal and continued to use other people's hand me downs until very recently. Now I've got a workphone as well as my own busted old blackberry (curve I think). My work phone is an iPhone 5c which I absolutely hate:mad::mad::mad::mad:......stupid iphones.....Bah....stupid world (he says typing on his mac)
    • Like x 1
  10. Tannen Committed Player

No idea about the models honestly. First cell/mobile phone I had was in the late 90s. It was pretty large, and I only had a $10 or $15 per month emergency call plan (i.e. just enough minutes to make a few calls if I got stranded on the side of the road or something crazy went down and I had to get ahold of people.

I know I had a Nokia similar to one of yours at one point, a couple Motorola flips. Last two have been the Galaxy S (the first one) and now a Galaxy S5. I don't obsessively upgrade phones, opting instead to use each phone until it starts having issues or stops working entirely, so I've probably had less than 10 phones total in approximately 20 years.
    • Like x 1