Your account has been banned.

Discussion in 'PC Account Support' started by GRATZIEEE, Nov 24, 2014.

1. GRATZIEEE New Player

Hello to developers.
    Character name: GRATZIE
    New work week. Good mood.
    So maybe you want to give me an explanation of the reason for my ban/suspended account? I'm not guilty!
    Reference number: [141119-000470]I'm waiting for a response from the competent expert. I don't want to listen the liars who says that they have proof. Unfortunately you haven't! I don't want to listen to those who think that PERHAPS I used 3rd party programs. I don't!
    I want to this problem has been solved as soon as possible.

Tnx for your attention.
  2. Saami Loyal Player

Did you have any bad lag short before you got banned?
    There was a thread from other player where he was having bad lag and right after that got banned.
    I think that cheat/speedhack detection is too tight and it may ban too harshly.
  3. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

This is not a sole incident, it is happening to many users.

If you have been banned for cheating, do not continue playing after the suspension, it for some reason has effected a minority of users ever since the last game update and nothing will seem to resolve whatever is flagging users as cheating.

I made the mistake of continuing to play after my wrongly enforced suspension was up...and despite going to every precaution I was still flagged as a cheater again and terminated.

help.soe will not be able to do anything...they're solely depending on "evidence" which marks users as cheaters and will not budge on believing it could be wrong. I am now trying to get in a word about this to developers in the hope they might be able to help...I am doubtful though.
  4. Mesmer New Player

It could be worse. BioWare won't ban people if they pay a certain amount of money. It's sort of an unspoken rule. In The Old Republic, there's a Republic-faction guild on the Jung Ma server, called The Regulators, are known to cheat and use macros in PVP arenas, yet never are suspended because the GM and almost all of the members spend massive amounts of money on the game. One of the myriad reasons I uninstalled.
  5. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

VERY sorry to be the devil's advocate here, but....

I assure you whatever you did, they won't reverse it without proper evidence. If you broke teh rules, the ToS it is deserved, especially when you post a vague thread without the details.

It's interesting for people to assume how developers would ban players and their policies on their discipline without factual data to back their claims, when everything you need to know is through their terms of service. They don't release information on HOW their system works unless released to the press (See LoL and their new community system).

This is left up to the support, of which you should be dealing with, not the forums.
  6. Saami Loyal Player

Same thing was in Knight Online. Big spenders were safe for bans.
  7. shinya2104 Level 30

Well here is a post from one of the develpers.
    Instead of being self rightous, be happy you aren't one of the victims here.
  8. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

If you feel a post on truth is self-righteous, then I'm VERY sorry that oddly offended you.

#JS
  9. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

I think it is fair to say it has already been established that the support team are unable to help because the information which they're relying upon is no doubt pointing us out as cheaters. The people behind support are only doing what they're supposed to do and that's act on all evidence provided. Look, I don't think the consensus from those effected by this is that the ban hammer is necessarily just being carelessly thrown on people without any evidence (when you're in this situation though...it's easy to be provoked into being irrational about it and I'll admit myself guilty of that) however what the more rationally agreed assumption is, is that somewhere down the line in the system something is incorrectly flagging people as cheaters and hence you end up with faulty evidence that results in many people like myself who have even been terminated. When all evidence points to us there is nothing the support team can do except assume. This issue has to be taken to people higher up who would be able to look in to potential faults in the cheat detection system otherwise it will not be resolved at all. Fortunately, Exec. Prod Captain Liberty has already claimed he'll look into it.

For myself and plenty of others to have played this game without fault for years and now only experience this issue repeatedly (leading to termination) ever since the last game update it is incredibly difficult to believe the possibility I am the guilty candidate here.
    • Like x 1
  10. Solstice Vanguard Well-Known Player

Being constructive doesn't point towards being self-righteous. It's a matter of vagueness over what I see all the time. That's just fact.

So you do know how the Support Team at SOE works? So you know what's given to them and what's not? Funny because whenever I report anyone, they always purvey a message stating they can't give me any content pertaining to the case or the outcome of it. Meaning everything happens behind closed doors for a reason.

I come from several communities that posts how they were banned for wrong reasons and there were evidence pointing towards them and how wrong they were. It just seems really interesting that people are receiving bans for no particular reason unless there were some crazy glitch in the system that states otherwise and SOMEHOW a person at Support or anyone else in SOE has been hitting the Gnac and they just happen to "OOPS! BAN this guy!".

I'm not stating mistakes can't be made; it can and it has happened to said several companies/developers.

I'm just saying this is highly unlikely and unbelievable by common standards of players that would be banned over the right reasons and the players not knowing about it at all. An employee can check into the case/situation and let him know of it. That doesn't mean he didn't do it; just means it's being checked into.
  11. shinya2104 Level 30

you are such an expert pfft. If thats the case then why did SOE unban all the massive bans that were handed out in the game planetside? Don't act like you know it all,and that everyone is guilty because soe anti cheat is without a margin of error. You are a a fool