Young toon seeking advice.

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by whiskey_hero, Nov 22, 2013.

1. whiskey_hero New Player

I love my nature healer. She's three years old and beast. We've been through so much together, different loadouts, weapon changes, and quite a few humbling moments learning from others. So I couldn't imagine changing her powerset. The main thing I've noticed about the posts on here is you're all really powerful with high cr's and big skill point numbers so I'd like to propose a specific question... What is a good loadout for mental, and how do I us it well at a low level? Coming out of the gate as a fresh level 30, I get kicked from low level raids (cr48 raids) for failing while learning how to troll, and it sucks. Learning to heal was easy 'cause I could see the health bars of allied npc's, but trolling is a whole other ball game. I would really appreciate some help. This is my first post, so I apologize if it's not where it should be. Powerless awesome healer, Pollen Rider, Little Miracle. Thank you.
  2. Voltage Source New Player

You have one post, it's been one day. Don't know if you've check the guides, or if you're never going to check back and see this.

I will only address trolling since you said you had problems with that.
    Loadout:
    Psychic Empowerment / Terror Tendrils / Horrific Visage / Phantom Flame / Telekinetic Shield / Bastion

When you're trolling your job is to restore power. This is known as power over time, p/t, p0t, pot. You have two p/t powers in the trees. Telekenesis and Terror Tendrils, don't put two p/t on your loadout. Their effects will cancel. Do NOT spam your p/t. It restores a bit of power every 5 seconds. If you press p/t once you'll restore a bit of power, then you'll get more in 5 seconds. If you press it once, you get the initial tick, wait 3 seconds, then press it again, you will RESET your p/t timer back to 0 and no one will get power in 2 seconds. It does not give that initial tick of power again if you spam it. Press p/t, leave it for 25 seconds (duration of the effect) then reapply it. You know you have p/t when there's a lightning bolt under your HP bar. Empowerment is your power dump or "Recharge". This is direct power to the group. You will be pressing this often. Weapon combos regenerate your combo. The other powers in the loadout are debuffs/shields. If you're just starting out, don't debuff. You'll probably go healer/dps happy and spam your skills, waste power, and have no power for you to use Empowerment to give power back to the group.

You need to know about weapon combos. The best weapons to start with are HB, Pistols, Bow.

The rotation:
    Tendrils - CLIP- Empowerment > Pulse Beam (tap range, tap range, hold range) until the hit counter hits 13 > Empowerment > continue Pule Beam and Empowerment for a total of 4 repetitions. Re-apply Tendrils after the fourth repetition for the "double tick". If you're confused, then just keep doing Empowerment/Pulse Beam until the lightnign bolt is gone, then re-apply p/t. We always go to a minimum of 10 hit counter on HB to restore the power you just lost from the previous move, if you go to 13 you'll restore 102% of the power you lost and so you can give "infinite" power. You will basically restore power every 5 seconds.

If you're absolutely trash and can't to Pulse Beam effectively or you don't want to time anything then you can pistol troll. You can do weapon combos with pistols to get infinite power like HB, but it's more work. The easy way out is to simply hold down the range attack, automatic fire, and wait until the hit counter reaches 10. When you see the "Good", then you press Empowerment. You'll give power back every 7 seconds instead of 5. You don't even count how many "ticks" from p/t has gone off. You just wait until the lightning bolt is gone and re-apply the p/t.

Bow, same thing as Pulse Beam.

If you apply just this little bit of information, you should be able to troll. Go watch some videos, go read some guides. Please post or like this post so I know I didn't waste my time.
    • Like x 1
  3. HHAAZZEE New Player

Basically this^ but i'd use grandure instead of Tk sheild and swap horrific visage out for terrorise or cryokinesis when you get to nexus for the 3rd boss.
  4. ScifiToilet New Player

There are 2 things that you need to do as a troll

spam your instant power as soon as its available. PoT up at all times, try and cast it again immediately after the 5th tick for what looks like a double tick. (this applies only if you are first troll)

dont die and be pro at pickups. If you are pro at pickups you are pro as a troll. People never praise trolls for power, but always for great pickups.