You make robots... their won’t be any! jobs for human’s.

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Batrederik, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Batrederik Dedicated Player

In this Documentary – researchers believe that very soon a “singularity” will be created. A machine that rises beyond human control.

Super or Intelligence “You name it” ...
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

*Will Smith has left the chat*
    • Like x 3
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

it will happen eventually even our greatest minds tell us to be weary but we keep plowing right ahead into skynet.. but before that unemployment for most people
  4. Batrederik Dedicated Player

xd ^
  5. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Technology is coming whether we like it or not and those that refuse to integrate will be left behind, :(
  6. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

the robots will mess everything up too.

it's the trade off for free will.
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

people seem to be missing the point here :(.

Computers will soon become far, far, far more intelligent than us*, as this intelligence starts to emerge it will suddenly (very quickly, possibly overnight) expand to a level of unimaginable super intelligence.

Now with super intelligence all types of things unimaginable will suddenly be possible.
    For example a computer will suddenly be able to design itself new hardware and not just electronic hardware, it will be able to build itself an organic chemical based hardware system, in effect a living body of sorts that can survive on other forms of energy, not necessarily electricity.

I can't say what design computers will invent to better themselves but i can say that this is basically going to end up more a living being not a computer as we think about them now.

So once this super intelligence comes about.... and it starts to think for itself (basically once a computer starts to use algorithms to write it's own algorithms, the more algorithms it writes the more intelligent it will become. And after a certain point/ level of intelligence is reached by an AI computer. This algorithmic based intelligence could explode overnight suddenly becoming super intelligent with virtually no stopping it. The computer may demand more power and may start to think of ways to make this happen.

Regardless of a computers potential to perhaps end up power hungry. The main problem here is that computers will supersede us :( and the computers may see themselves as the new *top dog* on this planet. We may become slaves to computers :( . They may decide that there are too many people on this planet and devise a way to cull us :( where it sees necessary. The same way we cull wildlife to make space for our farms, roads, businesses, housing etc.

Once this super intelligence SUDDENLY appears virtually over night (probably in the next ten years possibly in the next year). Then there will be no stopping it :( . We will have given birth to a new *creation* that might decide that we are mad and that there are too many of us on the planet.

Who knows what computers will decide or invent when this happens. The point is that by far they will be better than us at everything. It is evolution that could end mankind as we know it.
    What is interesting is that everything that was needed to achieve this has been found on our planet and is just a jigsaw puzzle of natural elements combined with humans ability to initiate the computers ability to think and learn for themselves.

It is like this future super intelligence that we are about to give birth to has just been lying dormant waiting for someone to put it back together and initialise it.
    I am both scared and prepared to be amazed in the next ten years ***.

Don't be surprised if suddenly computers start to build their own robots, if computers suddenly take on a more biological and less electronic appearance. Most of all, don't be surprised if computers suddenly start to take over ruling the world because they will be more intelligent than us and they will see themselves as a life form that has superseded humans.

They may also trick humans into fighting each other or into helping them grow more powerful, they may eliminate us by means of biological weapons.
    Basically we may be about to destroy ourselves with this creation.
    Who is to know what logic a super intelligent being will have? What will its intentions be? ????

However i am certain that it will not find out current lifestyles and means of survival on this planet to be a happy logical balance therefore it might want to do something about it. Perhaps what we are creating here will become close to what we imagine *god* to be. Perhaps it will be powerful enough to understand all creation in the universe / multiverse.

Perhaps it has been a *god egg* waiting to hatch for billions of years and now here it is, the shell is starting to crack. What creature will emerge? Nobody knows. But we will soon find out! Soon.
  8. myandria Item Storage

The Matrix has you, I Robot.
  9. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Ok, so if there is some kind of robot apocalypse on the horizon, I would be more than happy to survive in that post-apocalyptic world with a fellow group of survirors (The Walking Dead style). My life is boring as heck anyways so this would be fun. On that note, I'm 100% for this happening.
  10. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Not scared yet? Kai-Fu Lee, a former Microsoft and Google executive who is now a prominent investor in Chinese AI startups, thinks artificial intelligence “will probably replace 50 percent of human jobs.” When? Within 10 years or 60. But Ten years!
    I feel scared of this.
    The rewards are just too great. Even if America did somehow stop AI research, it would only mean that the Chinese or the French or the Brazilians would get there first.

Just so ya know, Russian President Vladimir Putin agrees. “Artificial intelligence is the future, not only for Russia but for all humankind,” he announced in September. “Whoever becomes the leader in this sphere will become the ruler of the world.”

...There’s just no way around it: For the vast majority of jobs, work as we know it will come steadily to an end between about 2025 and 2060. I damn* feel scared of this.

if you don't believe me.. Just goole Russian President Vladimir Putin agrees. “Artificial intelligence is the future” or Kai-Fu thinks artificial intelligence “will probably replace 50 percent of human jobs.” Within 10 years
  11. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Oh I believe you. But sounds like this is inevitable. I guess we have to prepare for the worst.

However, maybe there won't be a robot apocalypse. Perhaps, humans and robots will learn to co-exist together in harmony.
  12. Batrederik Dedicated Player

what really scares me... is this “artificial intelligence will probably replace 50 percent of human jobs. Within 10 years”
  13. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

Then I guess we need to stop having kids.
  14. Batrederik Dedicated Player

watch this, skip to 05:00

About stop having kids.. Human will not go away but will drastically decrease. This means a % decline in lower and lower middle jobs. If you make less than ? Let’s say 50k a year which is prob more than a % of the population of the world you will not be needed any longer... I could be wrong. Sure you can try and create apps, or try and build something, try and be a welder, doctor, ect. but as they said when you figure something out. in 5 yrs time a robot can carry out that act. So your weld might be great, but the way you do anything can be learned. Not yet but in say, hm 25 yrs. And the iPhone you have, if you have one* is more powerful than super computers used to be. thats now. Give it 10 or 20 more years. The tech will be integrated into your skin, watch, 3d who knows???. But to think it will just get thinner or faster is crazy :d. It will change.
    And! You might be able to marry A robot. Yeah, i know...
    • Like x 1
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

we soak our breakfast cereals with glyphosate ...and call it health food...i think weve been tempting fate for awhile...in a LOT of ways
  16. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

we should have slowed pop growth more than half a century ago...pity we didnt...
    • Like x 2
  17. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

digital memory creates immortality...embrace the machine...you have Time Enough for Love...
  18. Drathmor Unwavering Player

we actually have in america it should be more drastic in my mind also but the population rate here is on the decline
  19. bit.do/john832 New Player

Now add H.P. Lovecraft's demons to these robotic bodies...