you love yr power or you hate others power ?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by eyri, Jan 17, 2016.

1. eyri New Player

I know I'm like some other guys who doesn't test anything but post there own problems (i don't have pc I'm texting from internet café wish to have test server for ps ) i would like t remind t those who have problem with ice AM (btw most of them change t ice after the buff) before gu49 no1 really cares how ice AM worked.Actually i had hear and read from lot of people that they left ice because is very boring (123 . arctic) and they prefer something more "difficult" play with . i understand them and that's why we have different AM to chose . my basic problem is the negative texts ,how some people like t either nerf or slow down the AM but they wont tell us what they would like t improve to their favor powers . (Btw some don’t even play ice but post what ever they want ). Hopefully when they balance the powers we will stop worry about how other AM cast and focus on those we actually play and like . sometimes i wish not having scoreboard at all

2. Tilz Loyal Player

(I don't play ice)

Some AMs need some building-up time. Means it takes some seconds to get to the AM damage (the big hits). When those powers get interrupted they need to build up the AM again.
    Arctic Gust is an instant hit (several hits over the time of arctic gust --> Fire has burst at the end of the animation (as example)). Also the setup for the AM is just clipping 3 powers. If ice gets interrupted you can just breakout and continue spamming arctic gust. Means you don't have to build up the AM again or loose it until you can clip the powers again.

Some ppl are not very happy about it (one celest user here^^). Even if the damage is balanced on the sparring targets (and it looks like ice is fine with that) it won't lead us to balance. Simply because the time until ice can get the damage flow going (and also after interruptions) is not really existent.
    This is also why DoT-Powers/Rage/HL/cele lack in damage.

Celest got the update already for midrange.. but yea... still lacking. (could be worse.. but still).

PS: Without scoreboard (or a overworked one) it would be better actually (not sure how much)
  3. Derio 15000 Post Club

Without the scoreboard. Bad dps would not be exposed. However it would lead to a healthy population.
    • Like x 4
  4. Saami Loyal Player

I would take healthy population over exposing bad dpses.
    Anyways bad dpses and bad players would be exposed even without scoreboard.
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

bad players yes , bad dps but clever/lazy players not so sure about that...
  6. Gimpy Loyal Player

Take the amount of time it takes for the power with the longest animations to do that powers total damage in that period of time and apply that to every power to do the same amount of damage in the same amount of time. Now that's balance.

Remove the scoreboard and the scoreboard chasers might actually start picking people up when they are standing right next to a downed player. The operative word is MIGHT because we all know there are players who just cant be bothered with doing their job/role.

Anyone who watches the group they are in during instances can readily see those players who are "clever/lazy" and trying to be carried through. When you see a player staying at the very back of the group standing still doing nothing then SAY/POST something about it even if it means that you have to stop playing your role for a moment to do so. The same applies to those who just go through the motions so it looks like they are doing something yet are never close enough to give/get damage.

The 3 hour ban limit is totally ridiculous and allows for the opportunity for these types of players to get away with making others carry them during a mission. People do not want to kick because when someone rage quits/disconnects and then the group must kick and pray another player doesn't do the same a few moments later, leaving the group without the option to kick for 3 hrs the group is now forced to disban and start over. While the player who "disconnects/doesn't play" just signs in on another toon with no consequences.

PLEASE REMOVE THE TIME LIMIT ON KICKING PLAYERS AND REINSTATE THE DESERTER PENALTY!
    Maybe a limit on how many players a group can kick in a specified time yes but rewarding the player that "disconnects/doesn't play" while penalizing the group is just wrong in so many ways.
  7. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Lmao that will never change you know how many players love the system now, if you get kick then its your own fault but if you dc'ed that's not your fault or maybe it is but devs can't change what people do.
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

i love all powers going to get more Characters slots would love trying to play nature, Quantum sorcery and earth, once they get the mid range of course i don't care to be op. did i mention water? :D
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

you just reading my thoughts know aren't you quit using the force on me :confused:
  10. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

• I don't like that when I do well with a certain power, people simply attribute it to the power, and I get no credit in their eyes.
    • I do like that when I do well with other powers, peoples' eyebrows go up, "even with x power?"
    • I don't like that people queue to do a role, but are totally unwilling to play that role, because they are x power.
    • I don't like that people queue to only dps, are way too weak, but think they can get by because they are x power.
    • I don't like that people come on here asking for changes to a power (the way it works, the damage it does, etc), because it is doing too well, rather than asking that other powers be changed so they will perform better. And, all in the name of balance.
    • I do like seeing how well I do with different powers against people in stat-clamped seasonals, particularly when they are using one of the powers that are being complained about doing too well, and I'm using a power that's being complained about underperforming.
    • Like x 2
  11. Gimpy Loyal Player

"Lmao that will never change you know how many players love the system now"
    If you believe there are more players that love being leeched off of by people who want the glory without the work you haven't been reading trade/group chat in game or the forums.

"if you get kick then its your own fault "
    I agree if a person gets kicked it probably is their fault
    ( I accept and admit my fault when if/it is me and I have been kicked MANY times for MANY reasons on MANY toons)
    penalizing the group for doing it in the manner it is done now is putting the blame where it doesn't belong.

" but if you dc'ed that's not your fault "
    I agree if the reason a player has dced is their internet/power/system/game has frozen/crashed it is not the player's fault.
    Yet the group has to pay a penalty and that is something that can be changed.

" or maybe it is but devs can't change what people do"
    I agree if the reason a player has dced is their internet/power/system/game has frozen/crashed BECAUSE the player has been dced due to their own choice of pulling the power cord from the modem/router/system/PC or anything within their control to cause a deadlink state is something the Devs may not be able to control.
    Yet the group has to pay a penalty and that is something that can be changed.