you got skimming for flight, rocket boots for acro what for ss?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ZEOKEN, Oct 23, 2014.

1. ZEOKEN Well-Known Player

ive been thinking about the skimming option/skin for flight and i heard rocket boots for acto from someone BUT what could be substitute foe super speed i just cant think of one? what would you have for super speed or any other movement?
  2. Drifting Dreamer Steadfast Player

I thought Rocket Boots were going to be another flight variant?
  3. Alekimsior New Player

Teleportation. Short-range. You'd see the character blink in and out of existence and moving closer and closer. Love to use Quantum Tunneling in one of my alts as a "regular" movement, if only the cool down were faster, it would be pretty much similar as how teleportation should work.
    • Like x 1
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Rocket boots were mentions as a possible flight variant.

They are on NPC's in the new DLC they have not been confirmed.

There has been nothing mentioned or confirmed for acro or SS as of yet.
    • Like x 2
  5. iSmashly New Player

Super speed? Roller skates.
    • Like x 2
  6. Alekimsior New Player

For acrobatics I'd choose parkour. A 100% gymnastics and acrobatics movetype. No gadgets.
  7. Abisial Committed Player

90% of acro is already parkour
    • Like x 2
  8. KujaFeraldus New Player

I was thinking, we have bestial/animal skin types and personality, why not add as an alternative Acrobatics movement style being a bestial all-fours lope with various bestial-inspired movements, perhaps also incorporating a grappling hook to swing on/zipline with (Perhaps having an option to change the skin for the line/hook to vines or something relating to offensive super power type?).

For super speed, maybe jet-skates or some such? Skating along the ground (Possibly leaving a trail of scorched ground or splitting the ground with the blades of the skates?) at high speeds would be different enough and could allow for some interesting movement-power moves.
    • Like x 2
  9. Grendel Golem Well-Known Player

agree
  10. VillNess Well-Known Player

For acrobatics simply this:
    [IMG]
    • Like x 4
  11. Victor99dcuo Well-Known Player

Lol
  12. La Shark Dedicated Player

Human haster ball for ss
    [IMG]
  13. That guy New Player

No lightning effect for SS and I'm sold.
    • Like x 2
  14. Darkerusaelp Devoted Player

15. Owl Devoted Player

I think something similar to how Frozone skates and slides over Ice could work for Super Speed:
    [IMG]
    He certainly is the Coolest character in the Incredibles movie.
    • Like x 7
  16. Alekimsior New Player

I disagree. You rappel over buildings, you glide, and stick/run on walls. You should be able to bounce on walls, flip while jumping between walls, etc. You should, for instance, jump to the floor get impulse, propel yourself to a higher elevation. Right now it's more like the human fly meets Tarzan meets a flying squirrel
    • Like x 2
  17. Monkeii New Player

Roller Skates FTW
  18. Virgil Hawkins New Player

Imagine if Acrobatic players had access to cars like the Batmobile to get around faster. & If Super Speed and Flight were given an option to be a bit faster once you reach C.R 100 or level 30. Skimming should give you the option of just two disc's or one big one.. In my opinion two discs looks weird but I am still excited for the new movement style.
  19. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Superspeed I bet will be some kind of hoverboard
  20. DCUController New Player

teleporting for SS ;)

since starting DCUO 3 years ago I've to make a nightcrawler character :p