You favorite healer? From a tank's perspective?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by DeathZakid, Aug 12, 2015.

1. DeathZakid Well-Known Player

I know all the healing powers can do their job properly in the right hands, but i still have my preference. I personally prefer nature as a fire tank. Constant heals. In 2nd, would be Celestial. Nice hots along with burst heals too. Also Consecrated Ground is very useful. Solo rage tanks usually loved this super when throne elite was difficult.

Sorc is nice too. For electric, this one can be a tricky one for me. Most elec healers aren't too good with the power (only know about 3 that are really good with it.. Especially in bombshell raid. Had one that was constantly leaving me at half health most of the time... I'm fire, which is very healer dependent. Lately, in the bombshell raid, when heals are the problems, it's usually either one of these two power sets or any of the healing powers using cast time heals like guardian's light, invo, etc... Not too big on those as a tank.

So what's yours? :)
  2. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

Sorcery as a fire tank. Sorcery is the best tank healer imo. Constant big heals.
    • Like x 3
  3. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

The one that doesn't let me die ;)
    • Like x 6
  4. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

So the block button?
  5. BRITTENY Dedicated Player

Don't need to block as rage.

Seriously though, I really don't care what power the healer is, as long as they know what they're doing and can keep the group alive, with out spamming powers unnecessarily.
    • Like x 4
  6. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

If the healers good enough you don't need to block as fire either except the big hits
  7. Remander Steadfast Player

Well, as a Celestial healer, I have to interject that I love the huge green numbers that fly off of Fire tanks!
    • Like x 2
  8. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

Information is more useful to me than the pure power strength, because I can always adjust my own approach if I know exactly what's happening around me. The main thing I like about Sorcery is the visual cues. The circle and the Boon of Souls shield are very distinct. Shield down but I'm in the circle? Not good, but no need to panic yet. Shield down and the circle is gone? That's bad.

I know that I get better quality healing from Nature instead. I can't seem to sync up my own power cooldown rotation to the healer's usefully the way I do with Sorcery though.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dogico Loyal Player

As a Fire or Earth tank I prefer Nature healers. Those two tanks take constant damage, Nature provides constant heals, easy combo.
    • Like x 1
  10. BlazeChamp Committed Player

11. Jcal Dedicated Player

Rage + Electric.

It's amazing how much health they can restore in such a short amount of time. When Lashina or Lashing Claw decide they want to take chunks off my health bar, I prefer having an attentive Electric healer.
  12. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

Celestial or Sorcery.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Stem Well-Known Player

As a Ice Tank, I prefer Electric healers for that bio cap in OH S*** situations.
  14. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Sorcery. Circle of protection is awesome and has better HoT than a Nature healer. Sorcery healers have better burst heals as well. In addition, Sorcery players also has the Watcher to provide additional heals.

Celestial is 2nd if the player knows what they are doing.

Nature is 3rd.

Electric is last due to the range of it.
  15. darkscarletx Loyal Player

As fire tank, Sorcery first! Also celestial and nature are really good.
  16. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I believe all tanks benefit from that Circle of Protection. To me that is the ultimate healing move in this game. It give you a nice area to move around in and tank. I love that from a tank POV and as a healer as other team mates can move to the edge to get HoT. With BS on the 2nd boss that healing move is critical and has to be up all the time.

As I stated in my original post the watcher. He is just awesome to have in a Sorcery healer loadout. He heals as needed and save me from burning through power on some runs.

As for Rage I love running with Nature. For some reason Nature and Rage works well together. Sorcery is a good 2nd, but Nature HoT can save a rage player live. Small HoT have saved my life on many occasions as a Rage player, than when I activate my ability, those small ticks build up my life and the burst between are also nice and effective as well.
  17. Miss Adora Loyal Player

all are good but for me, I find Sorcery the secure as a tank. I see it as a more favorable for tanks.
    • Like x 1
  18. Immortal Kyrro Loyal Player

The amount of heals sorc can drop on a tank is insane and bad karma healing on a tank surrounded by adds can be quite effective. Circle is an amazing hot abd if the group understands that they can just touch the circle abd back away to keep the hot you can easily heal. Attacking dps for toons of adds? Drop a sw and the dps will heal everyone for u.

But speaking just as a tank it's reassuring knowing that circle is up. And that little green eye buzzing around me means spike damage week get healed ffast
  19. Derio 15000 Post Club

Nature hands down because of the power management.

Second would be Celestial simply due to the fact celestial has the maximum range as a healer and CG is a tank saver and has the ability to greatly reduce a rage crash.

3rd would be sorcery simply due to the CoP and large crit heals.

4th would be electric, simply due to the limited range, but the biocapacitor is a lifesaver.
  20. Black Jaq Devoted Player

As a Earth tank who uses Brick I have had the best luck with Sorceey and Nature because most of their standard heals will also Brick. Theoretically, Electricity should also be good for Brick tanking but many don't use AL, so I'm not sure what they spend their PP on. Celestials don't change up their loadout enough to be effective for me.