You better make a PVE Breakout Trinket then.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheLoneLantern, Dec 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLoneLantern New Player

Sorry, but I'm pretty mad that I can no longer use my PVP breakout trinket in PVE content anymore. That was always on my belt, and it helped out more times than I can ever count. Now, with the extra counter mechanics being added to boss fights, I will need it more than ever.

I don't think I've ever seen a PVE equivalent of the PVP breakout trinket, so if one exists I guess this thread is moot.

If I'm right, then you (devs) better make one ASAP.

/endrant
    • Like x 31
  2. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Or what, huh? What're you going to do?

:p

Sorry, I couldn't help it. One of my leaguemates is in the same boat - he was pretty much married to his breakout trinket. And I've been having ****** luck with a ultiilty belt, so I was using my PvP one. But at least there's a chance (a very, very slim one based on prior experience) that I'll get a PvE belt....however I've never seen a PvE breakout trinket.
  3. lilithmoon New Player

Make a thread about how disappointed he is.
    • Like x 1
  4. Dogzday Dedicated Player

That's a really silly move on their part for restricting the Trinket. I've seen some Hardlight DPS use them in the T5 Ops because they would get block-countered all the time. If my Utility Belt had a 5th slot or if I went HL, then I would definitely use the Breakout Trinket.
  5. Tweek New Player

All hail the op totally agree. What a wrong thing to do to us :(
    • Like x 1
  6. Zeikial Committed Player

I was using mine today, all I know was it didn't work in one alert, and I went into another after finishing and it worked so try that
    • Like x 1
  7. Derio 15000 Post Club

It says disabled but some of the challenges you can use it and I used it in Oan science cells, however we need the breakout trinket. Especially since some control effects you cant break out by using power only the trinket.
  8. MARK2099 New Player

Damn, i just find out my utility belt from pvp is useless, but i have no pve belt to replace it :mad:, why if devs decide those changes in GU32 didn't add a vendor for those items.
  9. CrappyHeals Devoted Player

It's just funny how they change you being able to wear PVP gear in PVE where there's really no benefit but they don't change you being able to wear PVE gear in PVP where the problem is lol
    • Like x 2
  10. C3alix Committed Player

The devs make a hard raid for people begging for harder content and people get mad.

They nerf the raids to increase the population, the elites get mad.

They make it so you can't use pvp gear in PVE content to give a better challenge, people get mad.

I have yet to use that trinket in PVE and I've done fine since the get-go.
    • Like x 1
  11. TK PUSHA Dedicated Player

dam, didnt know they did this.
    how freaking stupid.
    one more change that leads me to believe none of the Devs actually play the game outside of development.
    SMH
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

If you don't use the pvp breakout trinket it pve, you're probably doing something wrong. :p
    • Like x 4
  13. Singlemaltkiller New Player

That's part of the Tank's job. Learn the counter mechanics. I hope they don't make a PVE Breakout trinket, heck take it out of PVP too. As a Quantum troller/DPS I love getting everything stuck in the air.
    • Like x 1
  14. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

What's a tank? Is that the in-game version of a unicorn?
  15. Singlemaltkiller New Player

It's the thing that keeps things from attacking eveyrone willy-nilly.
  16. MentosTroll Loyal Player

i honestly believe this
  17. fairyofdiscord Well-Known Player

thats probably a bug and should be fixed.
  18. TheLoneLantern New Player

I really don't have a problem with trying to keep pvp gear out of pve (or vice versa). But, when they keep out a PvP trinket that has a ton of use from PvE, and there is NO PVE EQUIVALENT, I have a huge problem with that. Especially with the prevalence of "pvp mechanics" (counter system), there should be a PvE breakout trinket, no excuse.
    • Like x 2
  19. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I just did trigon and I hit an add who is blocking with a focused blast. The add took the focused blast while blocking and then went to lunge me and range break me.
    Yep, the counter mechanics work alright
    • Like x 2
  20. Derio 15000 Post Club

Bottom line is we need that pvp trinket to work in pve thats it and nothing else. pvp breakout trinket saves lives, its been proven by a recent study
    • Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.