Yet another loadout question...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Please Stop Me, May 2, 2017.

1. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

So I have mastered my main character which is munitions thanks to this forum, and a huge ton of reading on here. I just have a ton of questions about other roles, and I find that due to "call volume" at my job I don't have as much time to research things. This will only continue to decrease as I advance forward here at work. For the most parts I have something decent for the roles that I planned to use, but I figured I would double check for both roles for each power. I have read the guides for almost every single one of these, but I found that the guide more-the-less explains what is what. I had more success from players giving what they use, but that involves reading page after page. So anyway...

1. While I have my Munitions character good on the damage side there was a recent instance where we did not have a controller, and I was not going to be the heaviest hitter in terms of damage. So I tried to "troll" and I failed miserably. I realize now that I can buy the armory and do two completely different builds. I will probably do this just for the rare instance where I would be more useful in the controller role. So what is a good Controller LO for Munitions?

2. My second highest character is a Celestial healer. Still. I find that I have an easier time killing a low rank Starro on a character that is 48CR in the same "Healer" role but with the Nature power. This guy is 106 CR and seems to be terrible at everything except healing a team. A friend who is 189 and 188 on his two builds uses the same power, and I got an LO from him for both damage and healing. I haven't got to test it out as I set it up right before coming to work today. So I just thought I would ask your opinions on LO's for both roles.

3. I originally used a gadgets controller before I went "legendary" and started over on the munitions power. I can't figure out how to activate "Battle awareness" to generate power, and he seems to be terrible no matter which roles I am in. So again... Gadgets LO for damage and controller?

4. My wife has a nature healer. She pretty stays exclusively in the healing role. This character isn't as bad off as the two above, but I figured I would ask for both LO's just so I can set up damage on it and improve her healing one.

5. I have an Earth tank. He also seems to be good with the LO that I took from my research here. I am just curious about a damage LO, and just so I can see if I chose the right tank LO (Which was pretty commonly posted on here, just seems there is absolutely no attacks & all buffs). So again... Earth tank and damage LOs.

6. I am working on ranking up a Quantum character. I haven't been in a real rush since it would mean yet another character I feel obligated to run these events on which further reduces what little time I have to actually play. I haven't really had the chance to research this since I just made the character this weekend. I have 2 friends who also have the exact same everything that I have as far as movement, power, weapon, and whatnot. So I figure in advance I would ask what the best LO for controller and damage is for quantum.

7. This one isn't for me. My brother in law is just as new to the game as I am. I told him that I had heard Ice Tanks were pretty awesome (And our group already had healers and damage) so I just recently taught him how to "Switch roles". I kept telling him I would research it, but I haven't had a chance. So much like every single other power. Best damage and best tank LOs?

Again, everything that worked for me involved mixing and matching posts from players here. So even if you only use one of these powers/roles your opinion would still be appreciated. Obviously I have a lot of work to do and every little bit will count.
  2. IamINC Dedicated Player

DPS for nature is real bad but I have the following LO on my DPS side:

vine lash-savage growth-briar-harvest-swarm-voracious plants.

I hit the 1st 4 powers and activate swarm then just use the 1h flip slash clipped with VP and then harvest to refresh everything every 2nd VP , works really well for me personally , I have in the past switch out VP for canine form and hit that after first 4 powers then rotating canines two burst attacks 5 times before returning to human and repeating , I'm sure there's better loadouts involving switching between human and wolf form .

Ice is very very easy for tanks , it's the easiest tank power going , just rotate the shield powers constantly , use your breakout and pull abilities , so simple it's the power I direct any noob to for tanking because it's that simple.

Gadgets - hit battle awareness-gauss grenade-fear gas-vortex cannon-emp-distract-emp , that's the easiest loadout I can remember for AM , it may have changed , I troll 90% of the time with my gadgets toon

Earth is pet based DPS , just summon crystal and keep her powered/healed with totem/fortify golem but drop a rumblecrush before she attacks to get the PI going, use 1h flip slash for weapon dmg .

The rest i'm not too familiar with , the stuff i've given you will help but as I said , these powers are not my speciality (Fire and Rage are)

Hope it helps a little.
    • Like x 1
  3. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Again I appreciate any little bit I can get. One question about the gadgets character though. How do I get "battle awareness" going? I could literally be so dumb that I missed a power named "Battle awareness", but I just wanted to check and look like a fool publicly. What can I say? It is always better to have company :)
  4. IamINC Dedicated Player

The power is called Battle display and it starts the AM , it will be the first power you hit, it runs out quickly so be spot on wit your rotation!
  5. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

I have indeed seen this. So basically as long as I follow it with any of the powers that say "When battle awareness is active" it will generate power for the team?
  6. IamINC Dedicated Player

No , this is to regen your own power while in DPS role.

If you want to be a controller , sticky bomb or taser pull will give power over time aka PoT to your group and defibrillator will give a small burst of instant power back to the group , as a gadget troll equip your debuffs as well to help with boss battles
  7. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

Ah yeah I am a fool. I'm at work right now and a bit distracted. But yeah. I get it now. I look forward to trying it out. Hopefully it fixes things. One down... Like 5 or 6 to go lol.
    • Like x 1
  8. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Kill your gadget and go Hardlight!! I hate gadget, mental is a 'little' better but still boring as hell.

The thing I really hate about gadget is that your AM trigger Battle Display has the fastest degrade time of any AM trigger. You know how long you can keep Killer Instinct up between ads. Gadget cant. If you are to aggressive trying to bounce between ads BOOM, power dump. Taking the time to activate each and every group of ads is also stupid. You already have a power that does almost 0 damage until the end and now your having to delay it further,, in a group crap is prob dead and they are on to the next while ur stuck trying to go boom lol.

Hard Light is dps/troll also and way more fun. Thats my only advice.

As a troll your first job is power. Always have PoT going. Direct Power Heals like Muni-Reload cost alot of power to cast. Its best if you use a weapon mastery into a power heal to reduce the cost. Next up you should be debuffing crap to help group kill faster. Debuff powers may hit multi targets but only 1 is debuffed, ur target. Defense debuff for most situations, HP regen/ATK Debuffs for specific situations. And lastly if your with a tank dont throw stuns(Unless u do it after they use a pull), if not with a tank then throw stuns, probably better for group than debuffs lol. While your doing all that crap you should be doing weapon combos/masteries to keep your own power levels up. Dont spam powers. Just do stuff as needed.
    • Like x 2
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Stuns are fine to do before the tank grabs them. Just need to learn which ones are the tank's are still.able to pull. Pretty sure if you don't root them, they can be pulled. Great pointer though! I hate when trolls do that and I can't control the flow while tanking.
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Trolling with any power, currently, is very easy. Each troll will have a POT move, and recharge move, and defense debuff move. The other 3 powers you use are up to you. There are only a couple places where a healing or damage debuff are needed. I spec into them, but only use them as needed. They are a waste of power when not needed. I play more as a hybrid damage troll. My load out is chain grenade launcher, reload, survival, active protection system, smoke grenade launcher, and robot sidekick. I spec vit and precision, your yellow numbers are very small, you won't be able to stack enough might to see a difference. Weapon is your choice, but use something that can do fast attacks or a fast WM. I use brawling into shrunken stars or 2h into arrow storm. Duel wield is also a good one, but it's whatever your comfy with. I also spec into big gun. I make sure I have at least 1 shield super charge for boss fights. I drop big gun like a dps on npc, there is no damage loss as a dps or troll for big gun. This is how I troll, but there is room with all troll classes to play how you want.
    • Like x 1
  11. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

I noticed that after getting it all set up that I spend a ton of time activating the battle display as opposed to KI where I have a minute to travel. Ultimately this character will never be my primary. I love munitions far too much. If anything it would be described as a sidekick. I use it to grind up event items, or well pretty much collectibles for my main character. Still, I just wanted to make him less garbage since the gear from the events is actually ranking up the CR. Right now though even with the endless supply of power I still have some work to do. I had the LO as:

Battle display > Sticky bomb > Gause Grenade > Napalm Grenade > Turret > Bunker buster/blaster or whatever.

I mostly set this up to test the AM. I really need to go in and find actual powers that do something. I can sit there and chuck these grenades over and over but it isn't much better then what I had before. I really don't think I can handle anymore characters lol. Definitely not while an event is going on. Today I had half the day off work, and it took every single second of my gaming time just to farm all the events on all 6 characters. I admit that I finished the "Fear is yellow" story on my Controller, but I already had part of it done and there was not much left to do. It definitely didn't consume that much time. But yea. I do someday need to make a hero *yuck* just so I can grab the platinum trophy. I may end up hopping on the band wagon and pretending to be a lantern just until I hit 30.

I will test this out. A quick question. Do you use the whole "two armories" with different sets of gear? If so I am a long way from being ready.
  12. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Gadget dps is about EMP or P-Dart. You activate Battle Display, use 3 PI applicators and then EMP/Pdart does a ton of damage. EMP is more damage but needs to be within 7meters/melee range. Pdart is awesome and has much better flow but does less damage, because its ranged. I forget if Pdart has this but there is a shortcut to go boom. Instead of using 3 PI apps, you can just do Battle Display, Distract, EMP/Pdart. The only drawback is Distract has loong cooldown. But you can use it to start fights or drop 2 big chunks of damage quickly. Use distract instead of a SC.

If you arent using pure support gear you should not mess with support. You can fool around in dps gear as a troll but you wont have the stats to do crap. Your power healing will suck, you wont stun crap, debuffs i think work fine regardless. Biggest issue is Dps and support besides needing dif stats should also have very different powers.

My healer has 2 armories, everyone else only has 1 and so they are DPS.

Having said that, my dps/trolls can have most of the troll powers so I make thier LO's. In between fights I can use switch role, toss PoT, and switch back. Or if there are other OP people around I can fall back and do pots and debuffs. But yeah support isnt very effective without dedicated armory. Auto-Level gear makes it super easy to gear up other role. Just open stuff on your highest level role and attune it to other role.
    • Like x 1
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Just to.clarify, if your going to do the 2 emp when you start, don't you do battle display, emp, distract, emp? This is how I run. I'm to lazy to mess with the third emp doing invisibility.
    • Like x 1
  14. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

BD - EMP is worthless.

You go:
    BD - Distract - EMP -> x3 PI - EMP
    or
    BD - x3 PI - EMP -> Distract - EMP

The first way is when u need/want big damage right away like when in groups or solo. The second is for when u can take your time and want to go boom boom quickly.

You prob meant the first one, but BD into EMP would be worthless because u did nothing to pump it up.
    • Like x 2
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Good post, but I've added the third loadout that wasn't mentioned.
  16. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

I will certainly try this. For the most part I had Controller gear on because when ranking this character up I was definitely a huge noob. So I went for anything that had the most +'s on it, and obviously I saw the two extra stats "Dominance and Vitalization" so for the most part I still have Controller gear even though I have been slowly transitioning it to damage just to survive grinding these events. I already tried a different LO then what I posted above, but I cannot remember what exactly it was.I do want to try to build this guy to be a troll just because I already run damage on my primary character. Still, this should help me get that straightened out. I just need to figure out what to do with the other classes that haven't been addressed.
  17. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

We told you what u need for troll LO's they are all identical. Celestial i dont use best dps LO cuz I want to stick to curse tree, the healer side is super interesting, there are recent threads on here about that, all I would say is healer gear in DPS role is best healer.

Dont have nature, earth or ice.

Quantum has 1 dps LO. Timebomb, distortion wave, warp barrage, tachyion blast, warped reality, SC(heal or time tree damage sc)
  18. Please Stop Me Well-Known Player

With Quantum I somehow have an easier time with a level 28 or 29 then I do with a 107, 53, 51, etc. I'm not sure the exact LO that I use but it works well. I think the Ice inquiry was resolved. I realized that after a few days passed that I was just going to have to spend hours combing threads to find the best for each. Still, this got me one step closer. I appreciate the help!