Yet another "I want" thread about Lantern Powers

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Black Fist, Dec 11, 2014.

1. Black Fist Loyal Player

I love the idea of the mists infecting characters as introduced in War of the Light (probably from a comic). I love the idea of having a character change with each color of the emotional spectrum. On the test server, I have a character called Empress Kogo, who is a Gadgets hero. I also have: Unyielding Kogo, a Green Lantern (and a hero); Fearsome Kogo, a Yellow Lantern (and a villain), Furious Kogo, a Red Lantern (and a villain); Hopeful Kogo, a Blue Lantern (in name only, as there is no Hope power; a hero); Avaricious Kogo, an Orange Lantern (in name only, as there is no Avarice power; a villain); and Impassioned Kogo, a Star Sapphire (in name only, as there is no Love power; a villain). I would Love to have a Compassionate Kogo be an Indigo Lantern (hero), a White Lantern Kogo (hero), and a Black Lantern Kogo (villain). That way I'd have ten Kogo's, five heroes and five villains.

So, without further ado, more spewing.

We have the control powers of Will/Green and Fear/Yellow.
    We have the tank powers of Rage/Red.

We need a healer power.

A lot of people have been saying it will be blue, but then there'd be no villain side.

A lot of people have been saying it will be violet, but then there'd be no males.

I'm just going to get right to the point.

Will/Green - Control - Hero only - paired with Fear
    Fear/Yellow - Control - Villain only - paired with Will
    Rage/Red - Tank - Hero and Villain
    Love/Violet - Healer - Hero and Villain
    Hope/Blue - Tank - Hero - paired with Avarice
    Avarice/Orange - Tank - Villain - paired with Hope
    Compassion/Indigo - Healer - Hero and Villain
    Life/White - Control - Hero only - paired with Death
    Death/Black - Control - Villain only - paired with Life

Why we could have Love: It says nowhere that males cannot be a Star Sapphire, just that none have been proven worthy yet. Also, they could be either heroes or villains just like Rage.

Why we could have Avarice: Picture this... "Larfleeze is really losing it. He returned to his giant bank vault full of Orange Lantern rings--you know, to swim in them--to find they were all gone. Now, villains on Earth have the power of Avarice, and must protect their precious from Larfleeze."

Why Hope and Avarice would be tank powers: Hope - "I hope you will attack me and not my friends." Avarice - "I am greedy and want all your attacks."

Why we could have Life and Death: The emotional spectrum is out of whack, perhaps the entities have gotten ring-happy. It's a game, I'm sure they can think of a reason.

Why Life and Death would be control powers instead of healer: Life could be healer, but I don't see Death being healer. You can control whether someone lives or dies... Control.

Why Compassion would be hero and villain: ...I don't know. Maybe there are compassionate villains out there? Maybe they commit crimes because they care? "You shouldn't have to be burdened with your money. I'll take it off your hands, don't you worry." Also, since the Indigo Tribe doesn't use rings, we could get a staff or something. Or we could just stick with the rings.

Any thoughts? I know it's annoying having another one of these threads, but I never put my two cents worth into them, and I wanted to now. Just expressing my desires. Batman used to be my favorite hero before this game, and now the Lantern corps are my favorite.
  2. blazeing fire111 Devoted Player

Why cant we just have ONE healer lantern power and be done with it.
    • Like x 1
  3. Black Fist Loyal Player

I edited my original post to give you the answer to your question.
  4. ErnieB Loyal Player

and like all the others, this one will be ignored and locked
  5. Black Fist Loyal Player

Don't ignore me! I spent five whole minutes thinking about this, the least you could do is reserve your negative comments for someone who cares! <--Sarcastic anger.
    • Like x 3
  6. lceClown New Player

for WOTL3, they should have white lantern power for heroes and black lantern power for villains.
    White = life, black = death, both capable of "reviving" the deceased

Resurrection: White Power Rings also have the notable power to bring deceased beings back from the dead.

Reanimation: Upon latching onto a corpse, the Black Lantern ring will reanimate the body. The ring animating the person within downloads all the memories and superhuman abilities (if they had any) of their previous life, but not their souls.
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Devs have confirmed they will never make Black and White powerset available to players.
    • Like x 2
  8. lceClown New Player

well thats pretty lame. Who knows maybe theyll change ther mind if people keep asking them like how they ask for green aura,

POWER OF THE PEOPLE
  9. Black Fist Loyal Player

Sayeth thou not these harsh words.
  10. John Brawler Committed Player

would you rather no one told you and hope in vain for the rest of the life of the game? besides, the devs had said there's currently no plans for another lantern power, so while there is still hope you're gonna be waiting awhile.
    • Like x 1
  11. Ghostof91 New Player

What would be pretty cool if thing bring in a lantern ring as a weapon that has it's own functions depending on your faction or gender.

It will have limitations though, not so much like the HL we now have but more generic versions of the spectrum.
  12. Chungweishan New Player

According to the DCUO-Lore.... aren't your Lantern Powers just copies or something? As in, you're not actually a true Lantern? So I don't really see any contradiction in a Character not following the current Lantern-lore. We all still exobyte-enhanced humans.

That out of the way... I'm not really into the whole Lantern thing anyways, so I don't support any new Lantern powersets/roles. I'm still iffy on any new powers since our current powers are getting so jacked up.
  13. lceClown New Player

Dw if it doesnt make sense, its a fictional game. Its like saying why cant villains just use their powers to explode our police station? or why cant we fly into space? or why cant we run/fly to another city? etc.
  14. Chungweishan New Player

I meant as in some players bring up lore that males can't be Star Sapphires or things of that nature. So I agree that it doesn't really matter as long as any Lantern-based powerset somewhat follows the lore, but more importantly is fun to play while somewhat following the logic and lore of the game.

I just don't like the concept of having more Lantern powers. It just seems uncreative within this game when we already have two Lantern-based Powersets (Light, Rage). I do understand that folks do like Lanterns though and would like to see how the Devs interpret the other colors as full powersets instead of just whatever the NPCs/Legends use.