Yellow Lantern Aesthetic Guide (1-30 and Beyond)

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by Drake Malice, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

In Blackest Day, in Brightest Night...

Greetings aspiring Fear Mongers and welcome to your guide to embodying one of Sinestro's finest...

First a Disclaimer: This is not a Loadout Guide, Control/Dps Guide, or anything like that. This is purely for the explicit purpose of getting you from the tutorial to end-game looking like you deserve to be called a Yellow Lantern /end disclaimer

So let us start with the basics:
    Power: Light (obviously)
    Faction: Villain (of course)
    Mentor: Choose whichever you want. Lantern Rings are Tech but Aliens are usually considered Meta anyways plus Sinestro's "Inspired By" section puts him under Meta (as do all Lanterns in Inspired By) so just choose whichever you will enjoy more.
    Weapon: Brawling or Martial Arts unless you have the Yellow Energy Weapon pack from the Marketplace...then just choose whatever.

Starter Gear:
    [IMG]
    Chest: Ice
    Legs: Ice
    Hands: Banded
    Waist: Chevron
    Feet: Tall Classic
    Face: Emissive Eyes (optional)
    [IMG]
    Alt Chest: Mystic Energy
    Optional Emblems: Turtle, Trident

Hex Code:
    Primary Yellow: DB8000
    Secondary Black/Blue: 060624
    Tertiary Yellow or White: Just go for maximum color brightness

So from the start of the game this is your best loadout for a male although as far as i am aware females have most of these options as well so just stick with this. You may be wondering why the secondary is very blue. Well in this game the Lanterns have what i like to call "Comic Book Black" which is really a blue shine to a black spandex surface. Now the Lantern Lore-buffs know that in current comics this no longer happens since Lantern uniforms are made of pure energy and so therefore are pure black. However we want to look as much like the NPC Yellow Lanterns as possible.

Next up is lvl 10-13 when you have done the 1st mission arc after you visit the Hall of Doom where you fight the Amazons to assist Giganta against Wonder Girl. If you do the secondary missions scattered through this arc you should get all the pieces to improve this look:
    [IMG]
    Hands: Greco-Roman (optional for matching's sake)
    Feet: Greco-Roman

This design is very fear-inducing with it's spiky bits and these boots are still my favorite to this day for my Yellow Lantern. Remember this is just a stepping stone for now so you can skip it if you like

Next is all the way at Level 30+ but this is where it gets noticeably iconic so make sure to aim for this:
    [IMG]
    Hands: Sinestro
    Waist: Sector Incendiary

Soon after you hit level 30 the Metropolis City Hall Duo will become available, farm this every day for the Sinestro Banded Gauntlets as they are iconic piece. Unfortunately they are metallic (unlike Sinestro's actual gauntlets) so this is where the Greco-Roman boots really shine because they match the tint. As for the waist once you get to Tier 2 or 3 (i literally have already forgotten) Oan Sciencells and Star Labs Research Facility Alerts become available and drop the Sector Agent/Incendiary parts as loot. This Incendiary belt is modelled after the Sinestro Corps belt so it is a must.

Alternatively:
    [IMG]
    You can throw in other parts of the Sector Incendiary set to give your Yellow Lantern a more armored or space-faring look. I must warn you however that the chest for this set does not match the other parts in terms of metallic brightness and it really ruins the effect for me (but im OCD so maybe you are fine with it)

Lastly the final goal. This requires the War of the Light Part 1 DLC and a CR of 84 to obtain but it is well worth it
    [IMG]
    The Disciple of Parallax set is the closest you can possibly get to the uniform. Just note that the head, shoulders, and back parts are optional since they dont reflect the original uniform in any way. This set costs a lot of Marks of Triumph. It can be purchased from the Vendor on Ranx and should be your big goal.

Here is my personal uniform with the Yellow Nimbus Aura which so far is the best match for the set IMO:
    [IMG]

Some honorable/optional parts to mention: Master Mercenary Feet/Hands, Dark Defender Hands, Insectoid Chest/Legs (for that Organic uniform), Aegis of Azarath Hands/Feet/Chest/Legs (more Organic stuff), Alien/Dark Alien Head (from marketplace), Mist-Container Backpack (for Fear-powered look), Energy Battery Back/Hands (well it is Lantern-themed), and really anything that you consider to be "intimidating".

The last bit of guidance i can give you is to make the character your own. Make them something unique first and then put the uniform on. Make that Fear-Mongering Alien or Robot or Daemon or Undead worthy of the Ring and together we shall wipe the Guardians and their Green Lanterns from the face of the Universe!

I hope (but not too much because our rings dont work against Blue Lanterns) that this guide has been somewhat useful to all those DC Nerds like myself who just want to feel part of this glorious universe and choose the Yellow Light of Fear to do it...Comments, Criticisms, and Additions welcomed...

EDIT: Just for fun here is a more comic-accurate variant
    [IMG]
    Replace the Disciple of Parallax legs with your favorite solid tights (Ice is my preference), make the secondary color black (as well as the belt) instead of blue, and make the tertiary color for the gloves white. Enjoy

In Blackest Day
    In Brightest Night
    Beware your Fears made into Light
    Let those who try to stop what's right
    Burn like his Power
    Sinestro's Might!
    • Like x 6
  2. Faction 3 New Player

Absolutely spot on! One of the best guides here.

Considering I'm on the other side of the Spectrum with the Green Lantern Corps, you've done a fantastic job.
  3. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Perhaps you would like to make a Green Lantern variant to even it out for both sides?
    • Like x 1
  4. GL4ever Well-Known Player

This is a good guide. Though, if anyone wanted to get more comic-accurate, new recruits of the Sinestro Corps didn't start off with the yellow uniform with symbol:

[IMG]

so I've used these variants
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Fourth World belt, Supergirl boots, the light blue: 1381E2, dark is: 040710

Also, in a pinch, Elaborate Slimline legs can be used for the boots, just set color choices 1 and 2 to yellow, when using the yellow version ;)
    • Like x 1
  5. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Admittedly i have never seen the "training" uniform so this is news to me so i appreciate the contribution
  6. GL4ever Well-Known Player

Absolutely no problem. I actually had to look it up awhile back. It was one of those "in the back of my mind" things, but couldn't remember where I had seen it. They only really appear briefly before the Sinestro Corps War story arc in the Green Lantern comics, then everyone just has the standard. Disciple of Parallax is my ultimate goal, of course.

I thought this would be something interesting to share for any Gl/SC fans :D
    • Like x 1
  7. Cataclyzm New Player

Awesome guide, just wanted to add a gold aura also really adds to any yellow lanterns look and now that you can buy them from the marketplace you can redeem it right out the gate. Also the sinestro gauntlets can be obtained at lvl 23 from the metropolis city hall solo mission as seen here on my low lvl Alt Volacitus:

[IMG]

So yea just a few things to consider, again great guide!
  8. Yeah that Eddie Committed Player

Nice guide. Matches for the most part, my own style "path" up the Corps ranks. Completely missed the Sector Incendiary Belt though! No idea how I let that one slip past. Guess I'll be farming Oan and STAR Labs for a bit.
    • Like x 1
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The best thing about DCUO is that I can make up my own unique uniform for my character. Your guide is very inspiring!

I want to aim for something glowing slimline style. Probably Timetraveler.
    I've seen a GL char with a green pulsing Timetraveler suit - beautiful.... Now I want to make a fearsome yellow version!

Unfortunately there is still no yellow aura ingame. (no, gold is not yellow!)
    • Like x 1
  10. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

There is a player in my League who wears full Traces-in-Time style in black and yellow...looks glorious
  11. 478874 Dedicated Player

brilliant; I'm fired up.
  12. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

OP has been updated with a comic-accurate design and mentioning of the Yellow Nimbus Aura
  13. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

You must mean Danare....
    [IMG]
  14. Drake Malice Dedicated Player

Affirmative
  15. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

I figured hes the only guy in the league that has that look, even when I was a member