Yay, change!!! while you're at it...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Chase TheForsaken, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kravonik New Player

as a great man once said "One can not live by AM alone."
  2. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Wait you are defending him comparing consume soul to mesmerizing lasso?
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Learn to read.
    He said you wanted a pull you can use lasso. The only correlation he made between mesmerizing lasso and consume soul is that they both can pull enemies.
    • Like x 1
  4. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Oh I forgot how Consume Soul is used mainly for its pull. Sorry, forgot.
  5. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

For the record it doesn't heal in dps. I would insult you but then i'd lose a few more braincells. Hell as it stands from conversations with you i'm afraid i'm going to need armbands next time I drink soup.
    • Like x 2
  6. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Learn to read.. You are in dire need of it.
    He merely stated that all consume soul does is a pull with a small might DoT without utilizing the AM. That is all Consume soul is in its entirety a pull with a DoT. It is literally in the description "Feed on the soul of your target dealing damage over time, stunning and pulling your enemies".
    • Like x 2
  7. MentosTroll Loyal Player

You even brought up "Prec/combo powers have always had an advantage in PvP". Consume soul, from all the celestial possible combos is the best right now (IMO). Even by itself it does pretty decent damage.
    • Like x 1
  8. Sabigya Steadfast Player

I know weapon combos that can hit harder than consume soul. You also forget that consume soul has a lengthy animation. The time you are vulnerable is not worth the damage you are going to be outputting. It is only good if the enemy is countered or you are using it to clip a weapon combo.
  9. XxRudgerxX Well-Known Player

I find myself using death markcBlessing a hell of a lot more to be honest.
  10. MentosTroll Loyal Player

I agree. It can be interrupted (but pretty much everything can). It's still pretty fast and somewhat safe.
  11. Absolix Loyal Player

CScWotP is one of Celestial's hardest hitting combos. Only PcDL passes it up. If RcW or AcB won't give you better damage because of splitting, then it is the best option for counter punishment.
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

If you attempt to use it without counter immunity or CC immunity you will simply lose damage and sit there in a vulnerable state.
  13. Absolix Loyal Player

CC immunity isn't as much of a problem after GU47 thankfully. Although in 4v4s and up against a coordinated team you will typically only use it with counter immunity as comboing makes you a focus firing punching bag for a few seconds. Against uncoordinated pugs or 1v1s and 2v2s you just need CC immunity which is much easier and can still be safe.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mighty Committed Player

Rage won't kill you after one counter. It's also really hard to get into savage state and stay there against a competent PVPer. Maybe you should try some of these powers for yourself to see that - while they are strong, and there are flaws to their balance - they're not really god-mode. You mentioned celestial and consume soul. Consume soul outside of the awesome mechanic hits for about 1,300 when you total up all the measly dots, and it pulls and stuns. Consume Soul into Wrath of the Presence can hit pretty well, but by pretty well we're talking about 5-8k, for a three-second combo during which you are vulnerable to CC and getting beat on. Weapon combos can do that kind of damage.

You still have to use your weapon, with any of the powers you think are insta-kills. As Sab pointed out to you, power consumption is an issue for most powers in PVP. Spamming a few casts off your hotbar aren't going to get you far as any power.
    • Like x 3
  15. kravonik New Player

also if you are using the same loadout as a PVE loadout, youre doing it worng.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

I don't think anyone is advocating that weapons take a back seat to powers, that's just silly. I believe the underlying point is that powers are feeling less and less like powers. We have a power bar for obvious reasons and we lack a weapon bar for obvious reasons. Anyone who plays PvP would agree that a blend of the two is just the name of the game and relying on only one or the other isn't viable by any measure.
  17. Mighty Committed Player

Not to be contrarian, but I really don't think that is the point. I think the point this whole time has been, "I want to stand there and spam my powers with virtually no vulnerability and kill people in two seconds." To which the community has pretty resoundingly said "hell no."

But to your point, that the powers are feeling less like powers, I understand where you're coming from, but I think we'd disagree as to whether or not that's a bad thing. I'd like to think of PVP as the last place in the game where your skills matter. But I don't know how skillful it is to rotate pyro/TB behind a three-shield rotation.
    • Like x 3
  18. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

Really? You don't see the skill in power management (weapon use), knowing when your shield is most beneficial (mitigation) or when to send back the most possible damage with your reflection (mitigation)? Battle trolling consisted of mitigating damage long enough to have starved your opponent of power, CC's helped manage your opponents power forcing them to play smarter with their rotations to avoid being drained completely.

That's the craziest thing I've heard on these forums, ever. Please excuse my cold, blank stare.
  19. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You can make anything sound skilled if you put it like that.

"Spamming Heals": You don't see skill in keeping everyone's health up at its maximum amount?
    "Spamming Ice Shields [Pre41]": You don't see skill in keeping up mitigation at all times and properly mitigating incoming damage? Don't see skill in reacting to enemy attacks and using a shield at the right time to prevent the right amount of damage?.

Spamming powers consisted of keeping the pressure on the enemy as you will be putting out a barrage of attacks or heals which they will not expect and have a hard time adjusting to and will not be able to react properly.
    Spamming HT trinkets: You don't see skill in using a trinket in the right time to get the most use out of it? Being able to use what ever you have to and use it to your utmost advantage!
    Spamming HT mods [Channeling/TM]: Don't see skill in being able to correlate the right powers with the mods and be able to use them both in conjunction to provide yourself with the perfect defense and offense which the enemy won't be able to counter?
    Being able to block and knock back the enemy draining their powers while dealing damage requires large amounts of skill to perform!. Not to mention minimizing the risk to the user with the removal of a counter window!.
    • Like x 4
  20. kravonik New Player

Spamming is a cheap tactic. I feel that there should be a greater penalty for someone who just keeps spamming the same thing over and over.

O/T: some of you make my head hurt. There is a fine line of posting what you believe while providing proof and just being a hard headed dolt. I met Taliban less stubborn then some of you.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.