Xbox Server NA population is LOL

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by catplaysxoxo, Sep 21, 2022.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Death Metal Washington has low population and that's the latest content so far lol I can only imagine the horrors at lower content. I'm sure EU has even lower population than the Xbox. Don't get me started on the Switch from which I also played DCUO in. Honestly it doesn't bother me because I'm just a casual and also play a battle-tank but for others who only play DPS and pew pew pew it's a nightmare. If only it would be possible to merge all servers into one that would be awesome.
    • Like x 3
  2. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

EU PC/PS has more players (or at least characters) than Xbox (source: census numbers).
    • Like x 2
  3. GermanM Committed Player

We need a massive crossplay (or was cross-save?)
  4. GermanM Committed Player

Can you tell me how much people are in EU/PC?
  5. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

In regards to my post I was speaking about Xbox and when I mentioned EU it was towards Xbox as well.
  6. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Xbox only has one server. US Xbox and EU Xbox were merged in 2016.
    • Like x 3
  7. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Are you telling me that Xbox US server merged with Xbox EU? If that was the case then why did I only see 14 people online in Death Metal Washington? In the phase menu there was only two phases both which had 14. If US and EU were merged, you would see far more players than just 14. That doesn't make sense or logic ..
    • Like x 1
  8. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Because today is Wednesday, because the episode is at the end of its lifecycle, because almost everyone is basically done with the episode at this point?
    There are not a lot of people on EU PC/PS this time of week/day either.

Well not sure whether or not it will be deleted but then again anyone can access census API. :oops:
    Keep in mind there's no way to count unique accounts, it counts created characters only.

Character count, not including deleted ones, combat rating of 350 or greater:
    US PC/PS - 68 832
    EU PC/PS - 18 693
    Xbox - 11 693
    US Switch - 1 770
    EU Switch - 221

Character count, not including deleted ones, combat rating of 370 or greater:
    US PC/PS - 29 041
    EU PC/PS - 8 355
    Xbox - 4 224
    US Switch - 636
    EU Switch - 61

You can click on the links to see the numbers pulled directly from API (and also change the URLs for other criterias).
    • Like x 3
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I'd probably put the population order as such:
    1. USPS/PC
    2. EUPS/PC
    3. XB1
    4. .
    5. .
    6. .
    7. .
    8. .
    9. .
    10. .
    11. .
    12. .
    13. .
    14. .
    15. .
    16. .
    17. .
    18. .
    19. Switch NA
    20. Switch EU
    • Like x 4
  10. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Thanks for the response. Clearly merging the servers with US and EU on Xbox didn't do much. I do want to say though that even if the last dlc is on it last cycle, we see people complaining about not being able to complete feats or whatever in lower content yet in the last episode there's barely anyone around and to add the fact that both US and EU merged together. Moreover, in my opinion US server should hold more players but it seems Xbox and Switch are just not popular enough as opposed to Playstation and PC.
  11. GermanM Committed Player

Thank you very much.
    I feel very bad for those Switch players by the way...
    • Like x 2
  12. BumblingB I got better.

A lot of that has to do with the fact that the game launched on PS and PC and Xbox then Switch many years later. So the grandfathered in player base is what holds the PS/PC version above the others. It really just something that the devs were hoping to change, but it really just highlighted the wall the game had from new to optimal has. I think the Omnibus and EEG was to help alleviate this, but kind of too little too late in that regard.

The devs really need to get a crossplay going. More and more games are launching crossplay at start, which kinda makes it odd that they are still holding their ground on DCUO.

I play a mobile game that started on iOS, then Android, then Switch, now it will be on XB1 and PS. It just shows you that crossplay is starting to become a thing.
    • Like x 3
  13. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

This happened just before water launched and I think just before Amazon Fury III.

And it's not a case of logic or sense, it did actually happen.

I just logged in (I'm on Xbox too) and it is way more dead than normal, and it's normally quite dead at this time of day/week anyway. There's less than 110 between two phases of HoL. And there are only 2 phases. HoL is way more indicative than the current open world in terms of server activity, which as others have said, is at the end of it's lifecycle, as is survival, and nobody really cares for Homecoming either.

I am starting to definitely swing towards the 'one-server' crowd these days, as the playerbase on Xbox does legitimately feel stagnant.
    Not that I played when it was on EU, but my previous league had an EU-majority, and they told me how bad it used to be pre-merge.
  14. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

https://www.dcuniverseonline.com/news/xbox-one-server-consolidation-2016

Correct (almost). :oops:
    Amazon Fury III came out in November 2016. Xbox merge happened in December 2016. Water powerset was released in August 2017.
  15. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I had my arm broken two years ago and I was playing on the switch. While it was fun and made some good friends there while playing I ultimately knew the population would be it's downfall. I am grateful that I was able to play DCUO on the switch so there's that.
    • Like x 1
  16. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

I had googled it already sorry about that I was just shocked because merging servers should have helped a lot but it's not the case.
    Players in the HOL doing absolutely nothing is the same as players standing in line outside the police station or inside The Watchtower. My point still stands. If players are complaining about not being able to do feats at lower content because there isn't enough players which resulted in being told to form their own group then it's safe to imply there won't be others in lower content so merging US and EU Xbox servers has done very little. And that's where I speak about not making sense or logic despite the Xbox sever merge and this was done YEARS ago. How many times do you have to defeat the bounties in Death Metal Washington to get a feat? (It's rehetorical). Here's a legitimate question so I can see for myself. What time does EU players get on? Since I'm in the US it's currently 3:18 PM uhhh idk central time I guess as well. If you tell me EU players are more active at a certain time and I see a difference as compared to my original post then I'll be inclined merging the servers helped.
  17. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

That's a great point. I failed to realized that PlayStation and PC are the grandfather so it's logical that they hold more population than Xbox. Yes, they should merge all of them honestly. My memory is faint but if I recall there's issues with merging all the platforms as they have to get the OK from many people. I know Mepps may have mentioned it some time ago
    • Like x 1
  18. Skoll Well-Known Player

Are you surprised? People are going back to school/college, the same EP for 5 months, survival mode is over, homecoming is a colossal failure in terms of quality and rewards.

When the DLC first launched, I remember there was 20-25 FULL phases on xbox in Death Metal and 3 or 5 FULL phases in HoL, and that was in the morning. There’s just nothing to play for right now. Most people completed SM in week 1, why return to it? The open world barbatos bounty feats were done by a majority of players in the first week as it is the best time to do them, STU is gone (another big mistake imo), feats for older content are a pain because of clamp unless you run with competent players or league members.

It’s also new game season. NBA 2K just launched, CoD MW2 is releasing next month, Fortnite just released a new season, Fifa is coming out soon, etc…

We will see the true state of the playerbase when this next EP launches. I know many veteran players that have taken a break after 2-3 months of the DLC, came back and finished SM in week 1, did the homecoming feats on day 1 and are just not logging in until the next EP because there is just nothing fun to do. And if it’s another lacklustre episode, expect this current level of playerbase for the foreseeable future.
  19. VIRALITY Dedicated Player

I've literally had more family come to Thanksgiving dinner than there are end-game players on EU Switch.

Wow.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. OneWhoLaughed Committed Player

Your original point was there being a lack of players. I'm not arguing with that. But saying the merge didn't help is absurd.
    Considering the merge happened at the end of 2016/2017, which is 5 years ago, does not actually validate you in any way.
    Were you playing during the merge and see the impact on server population then? No.
    Is it fair to say that the population of the game has been decreasing constantly over that time? Yes.
    Does that mean the merge didn't do much? No.

Let's try this from a different perspective, how do you think an EU or a US Xbox would look like now population-wise? (It's a rhetorical question that is based on the context of the rest of my message)
    • Like x 1