Wow, Just wow

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Dezmo, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Dezmo New Player

However Broken PvP was before this does not seem better at all.
    I think you have ruined the one part of the game I really enjoyed.
    The combat does not feel any tighter. It still seems like it is out of sync. It just seems like it is on fast forward.
    Like the animations are playing faster or whatever.
    You can barely see any moves with all the clipping. It just seems like more of a button mash fest.
    Very sad to see these changes. I was hoping for good things. I see that is not going to be the case.
    • Like x 2
  2. NegativeMass Developer

What you have described is very different from what I experience in the game. Could give me some more details?

Are you playing on PC or PS3?

What part of the game were you playing when this happened? Out in the city? In a challenge, duo, alert, raid, or arena?

Does the game behave that way everywhere, or just in certain places?

Have you tried exiting the game and starting it up again? Is it the same or different?
  3. TrueMarvel New Player

Block Breakers don't register sometimes is what I notice. Mainly when I try to BB with One Handed
    • Like x 2
  4. Karasawa Loyal Player

Combat feels smoother than before and so far immunities show up immediately (and on the right person) unlike before. I do notice that people don't always fall down when counter hit even though I still get immunity.
    • Like x 2
  5. Mr Sinister Well-Known Player

Its definitely better. Not perfect but a step in the right direction. The breakout/stun stacking is definitely weird. But least its playable again and we're getting communication from the devs about the next steps.
    • Like x 1
  6. Dezmo New Player

I play on USPC. I was in an 8v8 several time as well as the new 1v1 instance. The PvE does not seem to be affected too much that I can tell. I heard about all the changes and thought it may just be me.
    Maybe I am just taking longer than normal to get used to it. I was playing Legends.
    It just seemed like all the talk I heard about breakouts and controlling effects being effective do not seem to apply.
    It seemed like whomever I was fighting continued their "rotation" regardless of what I was doing.
    When Attempting to block or counter it seems like by the time I saw the animation it was too late and I was getting countered.
    Once again I am not sure if I am just that bad. (which is possible) It just seems very odd. I used to do ok against people in Legends. I prefer it because of no "gear" involved. Just pure playing.
    As I said though, it seems as though the time to even recognize the animations is shorter.
    It feels faster until you get into combat then something just feels off.
    Mostly in PvP instances that I have been in so far.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brice Allen Loyal Player

I have noticed this as well. But yeah, the combat, is definitely better than it was.
  8. Dezmo New Player

I mean I can admit I am not a very good player as far as pvp goes but this is kind of crazy.
    I have never taken so much damage and been broken so much since I have been playing the game.
    It is never ending. It seems as though your opponent does so much damage before you even see the moves.
    I am getting destroyed by huntress no matter the character. She punches two or 3 times then does that stun where she throws the item and you see the electricity effect and I have lost a third of my health.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Don't let her punch you 3 times in a row;). lol. They are more than likely doing Tap, Tap, Hold + Clip Power. If you recognize them doing the same thing over and over and over again. Make them pay for it. Wait for that Tap, Tap then hold block for about 1 second. They'll more than likely Hold+Clip Power and they'll eat a block granting you immunity. Then tear them a new one. Then if they wise up to it and start BB'ing you don't hold Block when you see them Tap, Tap. Instead, do a Tap, Hold and make them eat a knee or whatever the Tap Hold move grants you or just simply lunge them. Course they could wise up to that and start Tap, Tap, Block and you'll either stare at each other as you both block for a second or two or you'll lunge them and eat a block.
    The list goes on and on as to what could happen. The joy is you'll never know until you face them. PVP is all about adapting and altering your fight style to overcome your opponent. You can't just play your way in PVP you have to play whatever way trumps your opponent. Sometimes that is different than how you would normally do things;).
  10. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

Seems worse to me, had my 1st chance to PvP since the update and all through the match all i could think of is they actally found a way to make things worse. I'm getting knockeddown multiple times while im already knocked down, i lnock the other guy down and as he is falling i get knocked down. I BB whiles hes blocking and i het lnocked down. Gurss im not surprised these guys have the opposite of the midas touch when it comes to PvP
    • Like x 1
  11. Sektor New Player

USPS3 PvP seems a lot smoother to me. I've been on a winning streak in legends(legends because I don't have gear:eek:) for about 2 days now. I love that I can finally beat a Steel like he was a level 5 robin because some BS bug is not going to ruin my rotations. Arenas seems fine and dandy, too.
  12. TheLoneLantern New Player

Gotta disagree with you Brice, it's worse. The only real improvement I've seen from this update is that the "standing still doing nothing, not able to do anything" is fixed. Atleast, I haven't seen it yet.

Players can still be double countered, and both be granted immunity.

Block and Block Breaker windows are still just as long, so I can block (fly from Tomorrow District to Little Bohemia, exaggeration) and still get block broken. Same with using a Block Breaker. I was doing 1v1 at the time, and it's not lag on my end. I should not see a red fist pop above my head whole seconds after going from BB to Block.

THE ABSOLUTE WORST part of the update to pvp is how players can be granted immunity off of players that have immunity. For example, a player can be spamming block breakers on a player who has immunity, and be given immunity of his own. So, when I'm being ganked by 4 or 5 guys and gaining immunity by blocking. My team can't take down the BB spammer because he's constantly got immunity. This needs a fix asap.

Oh, and the interrupt window on Two-Faces barrel is still beyond broken.
    • Like x 2
  13. Volaron New Player

^ It's better, but the BB into Block giving a 2+ vulnerability window is still a BIG problem in this. You aren't able to anticipate someone's lunge and stop it with a block, because you leave yourself vulnerable.
  14. Volaron New Player

Haven't been experiencing problems this bad, maybe he's lunging RIGHT out of the block so you're both getting knocked. Like Tunso said due to server lag the immunities/counters will never be that EXACT second. Ever AOE a group and they kill u because you got that immunity a second too late, it might be the same thing here.
  15. Ozzysdad1 New Player

I'm on USPS3 & I'm having the exact same PROBLEMS w/ PVP ( arenas or Leg ) as everyone else. Consider yourself lucky.
  16. Skarlet Lantern Level 30

I pvp a lot. and I really don't notice a difference in combat. seems the same it was before the update.
  17. Soulmass Well-Known Player

The pvp feels smoother then ever pvp hasn't been this good in a very long time. What you see on screen is what's happening no more bs getting block broken when you aren't blocking it's amazing. Thank you NegativeMass keep up the great work.
  18. Skarlet Lantern Level 30

the being block broken when not blocking is still happening to me. I haven't noticed any changes. I play on USPC
  19. Soulmass Well-Known Player

Maybe it's a server thing but I PVP a lot and i can tell the delay is nearly almost gone, it will never be perfect in any online game there will be slight delay in actions, but as of right now it's 100 times better then what it was like, it's just people need to get used to the new timing cuz what you see on screen is pretty much what's happening, they took a lot of the delay out and it's noticeable.
    • Like x 1
  20. TheLoneLantern New Player

Maybe the effects were sooo bad on PS3 that you see a difference, whereas some of us on PC don't notice any change.