would Deathstroke using WM be OP???

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by SpicyMoonlight, May 28, 2014.

1. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Should he be the only person to use WM combos???

Or should they make him just like Huntress and Joker?

I am in favor of him being the WM Combo person.
    I am also in favor of Kyle Rayner using WM as well since he has lots of those rings!
  2. Brice Allen Loyal Player

WM in Legends?
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    ...No :p

Seriously though WM is stupid OP compared to a non-WM user. Put WM in Legends and it will just unbalance everything.
    • Like x 12
  3. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Lmaooo ok ok I can see how it would be an issue. Give him a dumbed down version. Save all the bonus and crits and such. But give him a boatload of combos and a couple buffs/heals to boot. Nah probably still would be OP. I dunno :(
    • Like x 1
  4. Crimson Jonni New Player

I think legends is just fine, its the only way i can enjoy balanced pvp matches as HL in pvp isnt pretty. I use Nightwing Powergirl and Arkillo and if i fought against wm id get mc Destroyed
  5. Waterfall Well-Known Player

I don't see why not. Other characters already have modified weapon attacks. Just give him a few Wm type combos and don't call them Wm. Don't give him the Wm benefits, call it a modified combo with normal damage and there will be no problem with it.
    • Like x 5
  6. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

This is exactly how I imagined it.

It's obvious him getting any Crit bonus would cause a major imbalance so just leave that part out.
  7. Hero of Justice New Player

Would he still have the regular combos for his weapon(s) though as well? No other Legend would have access to that many combos. Obviously having the actual standard bonuses for only one of the characters in Legends would turn that character OP overnight, but I suppose without the damage of WM it could possibly be pulled off. The devs would have to get real creative to balance him properly, though.
  8. KillshotX Well-Known Player

You can give him a unique combo, or even a blockable finisher. Wm is prob not a good idea.
    • Like x 1
  9. Brice Allen Loyal Player

Ok that I am cool with...but straight up WM. Big ol' no.
    • Like x 1
  10. Echephyle New Player

I would make him like huntress and joker with a power cast to switch weapons
    • Like x 4
  11. realTREDD New Player

regardless i would love to see him added in legends, probably with a switch-out power like hunt/joker staff and 1 handed is my opinion.
    • Like x 1
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Yep then Kyle Rayner could be handled the same way. Only using different constructs in combos. WM style combos.

Side note: how would saying Deatstroke using WM make sense that he is using it like PVE. For one there are no SP's in Legends anyway o_O sorry if the thread title is misleading
  13. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Na he'd have the same amount, just all of the combos he has would be WM style combos.
  14. KidVicious93 Well-Known Player

Yea i could see him now, using the rifle as a weapon combo-ing into dual pistol and one handed.
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No, more likely he'd have a change weapons button like The Joker or The Huntress has.

Even giving him those additional combos in the style of weapon mastery without the crits would make him much better than many other characters. It would give him access to high damage combos much easier with less of a risk of being blocked on the way to launching the combo itself.

And for anyone who's going to tell me "well you can block the weapon mastery combo" go play in top tier against people who can block break on reaction and tell me how that works out.

EDIT: Don't even get me started on the possibilities he would have when it comes to ranged combos in group battles where he could go ignored for periods of time.
    • Like x 4
  16. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Well they could work out the damage values and all that technical stuff right? Basically what I'm getting at is I want him to play like he does in injustice.
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's sadly not that easy actually. Make the damage too low and they've created a completely useless mechanic. Make it too high and you've got a character that's OP. And let's face it, odds are he's going to be a marketplace character which is going to lead to the cries of "you made the game pay to win" everywhere, which will result in him being shot to the ground much like Steel has been.

Also Injustice and DCUO handle very, very differently. So I don't think trying to copy a character's play style from a game using different core mechanics is exactly a good idea.
    • Like x 1
  18. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

Well yes I get the different part. I meant him transitioning with weapons easily. They don't gotta hit super hard, but he can have buffs that I mentioned in an earlier post:
    Give him buffs and heals that sorta thing. Save all the OP damage that comes with WM but give him the comboability (made up word lol)
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The main issue is that by giving him those combo's you're still giving him access to something no other legend character is capable of. Not to mention the baiting opportunities. Which isn't inherently a bad thing, but once again given that no other character would have those abilities, it becomes bad.

This also isn't taking into account how the combo's themselves will function. Will the special combo's still have cast bars? If not, a lot of players will just clip them anyway giving him a big advantage. If they do have cast bars, it may slow down his combat style to a crawl and being forced to rely on lengthy weapon combos wherein any number of players could block or interrupt him. If there isn't some sort of added bonus for those combos, it wouldn't be worth it to pull them off.

As per the buffs idea, I like that idea, just the buffs would have to last long enough so that you aren't forced into just repeatedly spamming combos. And given how the devs handled weapon mastery, I don't exactly feel confident that would be the case. I feel like they would almost work better as powers though. Give him a power that can combo into one or two other powers. If the power isn't blocked or interrupted, he get's a passive buff.

Realistically they could just not have a lengthy animation for weapon changes and that'd give you what you're looking for without creating the imbalance.
    • Like x 1
  20. Vyltran Loyal Player

I prefer deathstroke as huntress/joker .. having WM on legends will be a pain in the... boots :eek::D ... he would be deadly if he has WM.. omg *scareeeee*... :(
    • Like x 1