Wonder Woman Is cheap

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Chipjacson, Jun 12, 2014.

1. PETE New Player

just saying for now on for anyone who want a character in legends to be nerf, fix , balance or what ever anyone want to call it

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE have proof of what you are talking about and I mean show me some videos of you being beat so badly to where a character needs to be fix or show where you are doing way to much damage in sec or what ever it is that you think a character need to be fix in
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its easier to QQ about being beat then providing actual proof.
  3. Ice Clown New Player

first off, i want to say: i think that any legend toon that has a shield that return dmg should have a higher CD on it than the other toons with shields and no return dmg. yes WW lasso is pretty op and cheap since it knocks back and deals like 800dmg (with the kick).

when u fight against her, make sure to run away when she has reflect on, for her lasso im not sure since its unblock able and u cant really do much if some1 keep spamming it since the cd on it is like 3second lol.

but when u have low hp make sure to block alot since WW is most likely gonna use that instant kill attack.

well thats all from me heheheheh
  4. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Running away does not work in nodes matches here. You just have to put a DoT on her or just bait her into counters and burst it.
    • Like x 1
  5. Chipjacson New Player

When The ps4 gets the option to share directly to YouTube I would be more than happy to show you footage, but by that time I'm pretty sure this thread would have died down by then. Plus I have learned a way to dodge some of that damage from reading the response's (Thank You) .
  6. Chipjacson New Player

Thank you very much I'm going to try this if I unfortunately get into another match with her.
    • Like x 1
  7. Ice Clown New Player

yea good luck man:)
  8. Chipjacson New Player

The problem I have with her is when she puts up that shield she's basically invincible then on top of that if I even step on her toe I take damage . Also her whip pull move plus whip thrash seems unlockable because when I did the only thing that was waiting for me was a painfull bb
  9. DC-Doll New Player

10. Chipjacson New Player

The WW wasen't spamming block break but the move where you pull them then kick. On top of that casting Amazonian deflection then bate me into blocking because if I don't I get melted anyway. Her damage is also pretty sneaky lol, I'm full health one second then the next I'm about to die then if course of all times to use that op shield she pops it when I'm about to die so now I'm really f****d. I can't hit her and I can't afford to get off the node.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Just some corrections to what's been said here. Personally I'd take Clutchmeister's advice over on the first page as he's currently one of the top legends players in the game.

My info here may be out of date so I'll need to check up on this, but the shields that absorb damage rather than reflect it either have longer duration, or absorb more damage than their reflection counterpart. Or in some cases both. I suspect the whip-kick combo is currently bugged as Donna Troy's is vulnerable to block at the moment and Wonder Woman's is not.

As someone else said, running away doesn't work. You need to kite her/bait her to avoid damage through rolling or open her up for a counter. The shield won't deflect damage when she is on the ground after a counter. I think that's more along the lines of what you meant by running away (I hope). Most good legends players won't spam any one power (whip in this case), though it is something that can be a pain to deal with if you are inexperienced.

Placing a damage over time move while the shield is up also works very well because the reflect won't hit back on those. That's why characters such as Atro and Luthor are such effective counters. WW reflection move only lasts about 5 seconds so you should fairly easily be able to deal with that once you get the hang of it.

Blocking a lot unless you are very good at baiting your opponent won't help against top tier players or even above average players who can block break on reaction or fairly quickly respectfully. So it's a bad habit to get into. I wish I had known that starting out. Your best bet is to either use your soder before you hit 35% or rolling to avoid the hit.

Not trying to be insulting here or anything Ice, just wanted to make sure Chip got the correct information as to how to properly deal with the problem.
    • Like x 1
  12. Ice Clown New Player

um:confused: .... ok?o_O

sorry i dont fight WW alot so i wouldnt really know all of this lol :D, but yeah its just from my personal EXP that i typed what i typed.
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

This is why you need to fight against a character a lot before giving advice :p But hopefully it helps you out a bit :)

Sorry for missing this earlier. Got lost in a flood of notifications.

I'll put a couple of video's up tomorrow. Probably the one where we first fought this team and then the last one when we fought this team so you can see how I got back into the swing of things over a couple hours. It basically went from close fights to absolute slaughter. I suppose it didn't help that Circe and Two Face make a really good team as it turns out.

Compared to WW Donna doesn't actually hit as hard. Actually compared to most she doesn't in terms of burst damage. In terms of damage out I'd probably place her somewhere a little bit above Superman. She lacks a DoT and her burst isn't too high. Her spin is probably what sets her apart from Superman in the damage department. Her big advantage over such a character is her self heal and her shield. She doesn't have a strong DoT advantage or Burst compared to characters such as Atro (DoT) Cat (Burst) or Luthor (who has a bit of both).
    • Like x 1
  14. Chipjacson New Player

So legends that use dots are good against WW, ok I'll keep that in mind. Now the hardest part in any type of PvP is trying to read your opponent and trying to force him to block break or block. In arenas it was fairly easy but now that half the people got on the movement debuff bandwagon I had to stop. Anyway now I just need to find a way around that whip-kick combo if there is a way that is.
  15. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Once I get someone (hopefully tomorrow night) to log in with me I'll be making a quick video to hopefully expose that as a bug and have it fixed as the other character who can do that exact combo's kick is vulnerable to block.

The second middle link in my signature contains a bunch of guides. Some of them are in need of an update very, very badly (Sorry to say but Wonder Woman is one of those in need of the update). However, the Lex Luthor and Doctor Fate guides are pretty much up to date. Check out those two and it should give you some basic tips for baiting your opponent with those characters. I'd suggest Luthor as he's more DoT oriented than Fate.
    • Like x 1
  16. Chipjacson New Player

Thanks man really appreciate the help.
    • Like x 1
  17. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

No problem. If you've got questions on anything Legends feel free to send me a pm here or in game (USPC The Enquirer. Hero Faction).
  18. DC-Doll New Player

I'd do it but I don't have Wonder Woman
  19. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

You won't need her. It'll be easier if you've got Donna Troy. But not necessary. PM me about it. Don't want this going off topic.

But I do want to look at it because it is one of the actually valid complaints this thread brought up. I'm probably just going to be submitting a massive compilation of text bugs and actual gameplay bugs in legends pretty soon.
    • Like x 1
  20. DC-Doll New Player

Okay yeah send me a tell in game when you're ready