Woah Devs Fix Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xoCiaraxo, Jul 14, 2013.

1. xoCiaraxo New Player

I see honestly what people are talking about in PvP I have another toon that I just got level 30. ShadowLands PvP
    Inspects person * Sees full vengeance gear. Cool I have full bloodbat gear & never won one time. So Mepps how exactly did you fix matchmaking ?i know your trying to satisfy people the best you can but please fix this I feel bad for the new players that go against full t4 people. Most of my friends only do 2v2's with me because they feel as they're going to get a bad partner or full t4 people.
  2. deltablues New Player

I never do 1v1 because I always get squared off against an ice tank with full t4 gear fully modded. I fought the same ice tank 11 times in a row and haven't bothered since.
  3. Yallander Loyal Player

This season has been going on for @ 4 months. At this point anyone in cash gear is a minority as the gearing process is quite easy. If someone was this late to the gear grind then it is going to be a uphill fight. Also imo Shadowlands isn't a great 1 v 1 map. Usually whoever caps it first wins as the time it takes to get the node back is often longer than a player's respawn time.
  4. Mr. Synister New Player

I don't think the matchmaking system pairs players based on gear level.....to be honest, I believe its record based. Not exactly sure though. It should be gear level based though....just sayin'
  5. Yallander Loyal Player

No it doesn't, however if someone is just starting out this late into season 1 then they are more than likely facing players with higher gear. Matchmaking is based first on ELO rating and then if no one is on a similar level the system swings deeper to find whoever is available. It makes several attempts (based on my understanding) to create a "balanced" match, but if one cannot be found it creates one based on available players to prevent extended queue times.
  6. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It has been like this since day ONE of the new season.

By the end of the first day early the second day... if you were in cash gear you would be matched VS guys in FULL T4.

It has ben an uphill fight since day TWO of the PvP season... thanks to the replays.

Amd for the record.... Shadowlands 1 VS 1 is a GREAT map.

And even if you die first... you can come back and win the match.
  7. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

It is based on some crappy win/loss ratio.

If you are In cash gear... you can be matched VS full T4 player easily somehow.