WM & AM Most likely isn't going anywhere

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by KodyDerp, Jul 12, 2015.

1. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Although in popular demand, I do not believe that weapon mastery and advanced mechanics will be removed from PvP. Looking from a different perspective, even if I don't use either - I also don't think AM or WM SHOULD be removed from PvP completely because it does in fact add flavor to the PvP scene. Giving players new combos/moves to choose from, rather than just normal combos. No mater how much I'd like for it, I don't see this game going back to the old days of only normal combos. Going backwards in time is simply not something game developers tend to do a lot. Developing and updating a game is about progression and moving forward with new ways of gameplay, which in this case means Weapon mastery and Advanced Mechanics.
    To be quite honestly, asking for weapon mastery and advanced mechanics is quite selfish and unreasonable of us, as there are people who enjoy using these factors. People are also too accustomed to WM and AM being a apart of the game.
    However, I do believe the damage of these PRIVILEDGE Tactics (That's what I'll call them from now on, rather than calling them cheesy strategies) should be HIGHLY punishable. These are only privilege tactics, which in my perspective are just cheesy alternate ways to add on damage. These AM powers counter and can be countered (Some less vulnerable than others which needs to be fixed), powers being able to counter is pure privilege and should not be able to be used unless they are able to be punished SEVERELY.
    Advanced Mechanics should not be allowed to be used for counter punishment in my opinion.
    Certain AMs (Hardlight specifically that deals very high damage and can rarely be countered) can melt you down ever if you aren't being punished by a counter. Hardlight can melt a players health in the period of a stun which is ridiculous.
    Although I believe universally toning damage down for PvP will put hardlight in line so that they can actually perform their AM correctly rather than exploiting uncounterable heavy hitters.

WM and AMs should be allowed to deal extra damage, but this damage needs to be toned down.
    Weapon Mastery should hit what your normal weapon combo would range from + 8%.

Advance mechanics should scale based on duration of the AM rotation if possible. I believe Advance Mechanics core damage should base around finisher damage range at 35% health.

Based on the duration of your AM rotation and 35% finisher damage range: 1s rotation ( -85%) | 2s rotation (-65%) | 3s rotation ( -45%) | 4s rotation (0%) | 5s rotation (+20%) and a 5s rotation will cap at 20%. The higher percentage - the more counter damage you will suffer from. Check examples below.

Weapon Mastery Example:

If you hit in the range of 3,000 constantly on a player with a normal weapon combo - your weapon mastery hit range will be 3,250.
    The numbers don't have to be mine exactly, but this will limit the use a weapon mastery but still give it an edge and it's privilege of adding on extra damage WHILE allowing powers to crit after the hit registers. This will also limit certain weapons from being able to almost one hit you from counter punishment and will force players to seek new options for counter punishment.

Advanced DPS Mechanic Example:

If a player normally hits 11,000 finishers on players below 35% health - his/her finisher range is 11,000. That will be his or her AM range.

Player starts and finishes a rotation that lasts from 200 ms-1s & 999 milliseconds, player will hit around 1,650.
    Player starts and finishes a rotation that lasts from 200 ms- 5s & 999 milliseconds, player will hit around 13,200.

The longer your AM rotation is, the more counter damage you are vulnerable to suffer from and the longer you will be left in a state of vulnerability.

Pros of using Weapon Mastery:

Extra 8% damage
    Gauranteed power crit
    Some combos quicker than others
    Versatile fighting style

Cons of using Weapon Mastery:

Highly punishable
    Some combos longer than others
    Specific skillpoint allocation
    Losing your AMs innate crit % for not speccing into WM

Pros of using DPS Advanced Mechanics:

Depending on your rotation duration - You can dish out quick and low damage or slow and high damage
    If you are a PvP newbie and do not know of other ways to deal damage, you may still rely on AM
    You will get power back or power regen while using AM
    Certain AMs will heal you over time (Mental Resonance)
    Certain AMs will counter

Cons of using DPS Advanced Mechanics:

Depending on your rotation length, your state of vulnerability and damage that can be done to you will be increased.
    You are nearly always vulnerable
    Your AM initiating power will always be vulnerable to normal counter damage as it is the start of your 0ms/s rotation.
    You will become a target for premades who know to focus AM spammers
    Certain rotations will not be viable for counter punishment

2. Swiftduck Loyal Player

another reason they will not remove AM/WM from pvp is because it would require every single power to be completely rebalanced. This would take months. That is resources that could actually be spent on new content.

All pvp needs is the damage toned down. That's it
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Makes no sense. Imbalance would still exist that way. Though I am all for damage toning through increase mititgation.

Let's say a power such as Rage is 100 and Fire is 60. So 100 > 60. Rage > Fire. Even if cut all damage by 50%. It would still be Rage 50. Fire 30. 50 > 30. Rage > Fire.
    The same imbalance would still exists.
    • Like x 1
  4. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

I agree, the damage does need and will be toned down, but this is only the core issue. Other issues will need fixing afterwards.
  5. Agent Ahri Well-Known Player

Definitely, but don't go scaring the devs yet, we had to call 911 when we told them the microwave needed fixing.
    • Like x 3