With the current state of PVP, is it worth being a troll?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xXRE1GNXx, Jul 13, 2016.

1. xXRE1GNXx Level 30

I have been away from the game for over a year now and I'm working my way back into the mix. Prior to leaving I was transitioning my PVP gear from Troll to DPS. What I'm trying to figure out is whether i should continue to build a dps set or try to go back to trolling in arenas. As a quantum player I'm not sure which way I should go.
  2. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Troll if you premade a lot with a set 4s/5s group. DPS for everything else. Quantum dps actually isn't too bad.
    • Like x 3
  3. Brother Allen Loyal Player

There is almost no reason for a player to play Controller unless they have a set group to play with. Being a Controller and randomly queing into matches will normally result in you being a burden on the team more than a blessing and queing 1's as a Troller is a death sentence in most cases.

So quick version:

If you have a group of friends to que with that makes up a balanced group. Go for Troller if that is what you enjoy.

If you do not have a group of friends to que with and plan on solo queing don't go Troller. Go full DPS.

EDIT: Damn you Kody and your even shorter and better worded version. :mad:...lol
    • Like x 7
  4. xXRE1GNXx Level 30

Ok, question then (or maybe 2). Any good quantum dps pvp loadouts? And would it be possible to just troll with DPS gear and vit/ might mods? This way I could switch back and forth ( I know I'm reaching here, just trying to dot my I's.)
  5. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

I really only play 1v1 and 2v2 and seeing a troll is like a free win tbh
  6. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

There is only one set of gear so you could just mod vit and prec upto the vit cap and then full prec after that, assuming you have the sp to do that, otherwise you'll be lacking alot of vit in 4s/5s. I wouldn't spec might, you won't be seeing big might numbers outside of a finisher and they are a certain death below 35% anyway without stacking might onto it.
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Like other have eaid, trolls are good in groups. If your paired with a decent healer, you should be gold. Gear is same for everyone. The stats is what you have to watch. Google or look on the forums for the stat table. Off roles are limited on some stats. Also, may want to ask how people are trolling now. I believe you really only want the healing debuff, but you want to put it on the person being focus fired, not the healer. I think. You should also carry the 35% move. It hit's just as hard as a dps. Shields are poop. BeSt power SC is word of power, and it hits hard in pvp. You also might want to see if vit matters as much in pvp. I think it works different. I think power and precision might be better that vit, in pvp.

I don't play as a troll in pvp. So maybe some experienced ones could give other good pointers.
  8. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

Recently I have seen a few as troll that do insane dps. It all matters how much precision they have for the most part and the amount of stuns they can do overall.
  9. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

Like Black Prime said, you should carry your PoT, an instant Power dump, a Healing Debuff, a Finisher, and WoP. Trolls aren't really useful outside of group fights with Healers.

The Vit cap is 3089 and the Prec cap is 2618. You should spec into these first. If your group usually consists of a HL DPS, you'd only need 2276 Prec since Inspiration would buff you to the cap after that.

The trolls' role in a group is usually to Counter his teams' focus fire target so that the DPS don't have to worry about countering and can go straight for damage.
    • Like x 1
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

I would suggest Gravitonic Field, does more damage than Tachyon Burst and grounds, Temporal Extortion, Singularity, does a bit more damage than Anomaly, Energy Expulsion, Word of Power, and Robot Sidekick.
  11. Yungen New Player

Yes for around three seconds till you get your PoT then you change back to DPS role
    • Like x 4