Winter Sale & Wolfpack Artifact Tokens!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Dec 21, 2023.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'm just glad i'm over the need to level my artifacts. Doesn't matter where i am financially times being what they are I limit my in game spending to about 25 bucks a month including my sub.
    • Like x 3
  2. TheMysticStar Level 30

Individuals making funds or promoting an industry fall here : There are three main types of affiliate marketing: unattached affiliate marketing, related affiliate marketing, and involved affiliate marketing. Thus those who are speaking are not making profit or boasting we represent the masses. Illogical trolling and berating members of the community for expressing there views for wanting to make a choice that is removed by price gouging serves no one but a select few. Q: does DCUO represent the 1% A: It never has. But it is falling head long into the new wave of hate culture, and toxic entitlement.

Do not berate others for wanting a valid choice to buy not by financial inequality, but for fair pricing. Yes no one is making people buy this item, Truth! Although, this drama bait, and I don't believe it's fair to take advantage of other addictions. The Business of Making money for any healthy one is longevity
  3. SurprisinglySafe New Player

Hard pass for the average consumer. But at least the whales will be happy :).
    • Like x 3
  4. metro2k Well-Known Player

can you get statistics on how many players are buying this?
    just out of curiosity
    • Like x 1
  5. arielflores New Player

In my opinion an improvement would be make account bound the artifacts (talking about all the arts) so you can use them with all your toons...
  6. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

EG7 is running out and buying yachts and chunks of coastal land in European countries with dat sweet wolfpack munnies.
    • Like x 2
  7. Kestral Committed Player

The price point is...not good, but the concept could help save alts which makes it easier to get into content of all levels as people are more willing to run things beyond end game with their main.
  8. Sheon Kureth New Player

I'd accept that price if we had faster content rollout, but 2 content patches a year each with 3 small instances and an open world zone, most of which are just reused tilesets... That's just milking us.
    • Like x 3
  9. Cypharr Committed Player

SO!... what does that have to do with this? The wailing and crying going on. I fail to see the point please enlighten me. Thank you.
  10. Rejchadar Inquisitor

The idea is good...though “a little” late...by 2-3 years...lol...but the price of the token is too high, if such a price had been at the time when the level of 200 artifacts was introduced, then this price would have been would be completely justified, but now when the game is becoming more and more outdated, when the amount of content is decreasing every year, when the hope for new mechanics is melting like butter in a frying pan (no chance for new powersets... or even new iconic powers.. .or new mechanics like allies...) this price seems unreasonable...
    I’ll be honest at this price, despite the fact that I’m an altoholic myself... maybe someday, if there’s a sale, I’ll buy this token... though, given the chances of a sale... I’ll most likely by this time level the artifacts to alts and so it won’t be needed(several of my main alts already have 3-6 level 200 artifacts)...if the price were 50 bucks, then I would think about buying it now...if the price were 25 bucks, I would most likely buy 3 at once...and perhaps in in the future I would buy more... well, at this price, maybe someday... or maybe not.....
    • Like x 2
  11. Rorrigam Active Player

So you find the price fair but by what you have mentioned, you won’t buy it until it goes on a sale(?
  12. Gundraasi Well-Known Player

My personal opinion is: Yes, it is a high price item. Especially if you consider to buy more than 1 (which your alts will probably thank you for). However, despite the fact not being a "whale", I still love the game after 8 years of continuously playing it nearly every day. Be it out of nostalgia or out of sheer folly, I have created over 40 toons - most of which are at endgame level or near that point.

I do not like the price either and I also hope they will reconsider it and/or put it on sale. But out of the above reasons I like to support the game and will buy at least one Token.

Cheers
  13. Cypharr Committed Player

Exactly, like I always do that's how I stay rich.
  14. Cypharr Committed Player

So I've changed my mind after a brief meditation. I now like what you guys are doing cos I realised if this works I stand to benefit a lot from it to. Having said that; go guys express your grievances on the price hopefully they change it. Also what I suggest people do is do what I'll do which is focus one getting one of each artifact you want to unlock to 200. Play your alts as normal with no or low artifacts until the Wolfpack Token comes of sale hopefully at some point during the year. If you must level I think 120 arts will do just fine, don't waste your seals of completion. And if the devs eventually listen to your grievances (turns out it's not wailing or crying) that will be perfect for everyone but even if they do I still suggest to stay the course and wait as long as you can for the Wolfpack Token to go on sale.

Having said this and had a change of heart maybe those that have taken offence to my previous opinion on the price can re-evaluate there hostility lol. Hope this helps.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

For people who have questions about the WolfPack Token and how it really works....
    This might answer some of them questions. ;)
    • Like x 6
  16. metro2k Well-Known Player

Santa didn't come this year Larfleeze came. :confused:
    • Like x 1
  17. Mr.W Committed Player

I think it's a great step in the right direction, but I do feel the broader community would be much more willing to buy this at $40 a piece three at a time for $120 total than spend $90 for 1 "account bound" artifact.
  18. Cypharr Committed Player

For some reason I think people are on the impression that they must buy the Wolfpack Token. Not to my knowledge have I seen an announcement from @Mepps saying it is mandatory to purchase the Wolfpack Token to progress in the game.

Please, please, please it is not by force to buy the Wolfpack Token. Imagine it was never here and go about getting your artifacts on other characters like you would normally do, YOU DON"T HAVE TO BUY IT. Maybe they'll realize it's not moving market and remove it entirely. Cos it seems to be a mistake that they gave us this Christmas gift. I can just see the devs regretting putting there efforts into this only for free loaders to stage a protest.
  19. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

It will be interesting when some arti is nerfed/changed in the future that is 'nigh universal' like trans or strat...or DKS....and people who've spent the money to lock that 1.68M XP into an arti they can no longer consume, like they did with EOG recently, realize they are starting from scratch next time. This will be true of a 'new hotness' type arti too. No more changing out Isis for Ebon or whatever....That new hotness will require full XP to get to 200 assuming you are locked into Wolfpacks.

It is a tempting idea though...I just don't run enough alts (on one account) anymore to make it worth while.
  20. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I might buy one on sale.....a good sale. I'd guess we'll never see these on sale unless they plateau after a few weeks of the whales buying them.

Go look up 'Batman Cowl, now in Marketplace'. Came out at $20....no one bought...I think the price is like $1.38 at this point.:rolleyes:
    • Like x 1