Winning too FAST

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by nkr1096, Dec 10, 2014.

1. nkr1096 New Player

So if i go into a 1v1 pvp legends and tear someone apart who just sucks..(not even trying to throw the match) I dont get rewards because im better then them and they lost to fast... how is that fair??
    • Like x 2
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

• Like x 3
  3. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

That's pvp wearing the dead horse costume .
  4. Representative(Platina A) Well-Known Player

I'm through with arenas until this fraudulent charade they call "heuristics" is dealt with in a more sensible manner. Most of my matches have been given no reward since this latest update launched for either winning too fast or having one player not participate enough according to these obscure standards. Personally I think a far simpler solution could have been implemented such as a system where winners receive rewards while losers receive nothing (just like it was shortly after GU25 was introduced).
  5. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Right, that went over real well when they did that. Not to mention it makes it impossible to actually gear up.
    • Like x 2
  6. kravonik New Player

its a simple fix...if they suck that bad, let them knock you down once and that should fix the issue with getting the rewards.
  7. SMR New Player

No it isnt. I went up agaisnt a fully Gotham Knight Ice dps in shadowlands and was utterly destroyed.

-Start of the match he killed me and took the node

-respawned and he killed me

respawned again and he killed me, but blew his soda

- final respawn I was able to defeat him thanks to my soda being off CD and his gone, but he held the node for so long the match ended

No marks for either of us becasue "it ended too quickly"
  8. Captain Video Level 30

The current system is in need of adjustment. You are paired with someone by the system. that person is unable to survive long, but makes a legit effort to win. it's inevitable that you will be denied rewards for ending the game too quickly. The fact is, if mismatches are that agregious, DONT MATCH US UP. There are people with deficient gear and clueless loadouts that just cant survive long even if they try.

Is it preferable to have legit players trying to stand on their hands doing nothing to compensate for poorly thought out game heuristics? This is insane. It's rare to get any rewards without really forcing an artificially long game in the current systems. Matchups are just not that balanced overall, someone tends to dominate one way or another in 1v1.

the system is very very deficient in this regard. You cannot say that a game goes too fast so no one gets rewards in the way its done now. Even if both players are trying, mismatches are far too common for simple game time to be a metric.
    • Like x 2
  9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

that should never happen the real solution is for people to just get over the fact that someone just stands there and makes your match boring..

so what you get a quick win and move on they get gear and then never pvp again so the only issue is it sucks when their on your team..

i would never just stand there but i just think we shouldn't have all these problems because people get butt hurt by it
    we all need to remember this is a game for fun and not to be so serial about every little thing
  10. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

It's a confirmed bug and they said they have a fix. My guess is tomorrow during the hotfix.
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

The issue here is actually that the developers want PvP gear progression to mean something. PvP was the only game mode where you could simply stand there, do nothing and fully gear up. Even with a system forcing you to participate it's still more forgiving than PvE wherein you're required to complete objectives.
    • Like x 2
  12. Drathmor Unwavering Player

oh i agree that you should have to participate, hell you should want to as theres great fun to be had in PVP but I just think its going to be real hard to make this work in a satisfactory way.. and the main reason behind it was the people complaining.....
    we have dealt with the same issue for 4 years and the only time its a problem is when a new set of gear is involved.. the rest of the time its not a issue because they come in get what they want and then there gone and we all get back to killing each other as usual..
    • Like x 1
  13. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

See, my idea is to couple this system with one that rewards participation, such as how we used to have influence.
    • Like x 1
  14. Captain Video Level 30

The way things are currently implemented, in most 1v1 matches where both players make a legit effort, both will be denied rewards. games go fairly quickly one way or another even if both players are making an effort and the current system does not understand this.
  15. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

I still need 1 piece of gear but I guess I will wait until this gets fixed cause I don't want to be punished for winning most of my matches.
  16. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

There was a setting set incorrectly yesterday. Let us know if you see this further.
    • Like x 2
  17. AkikoTsunami Committed Player

I wonder how many of people have faced a ban from this happening so frequently. Or is the threat of account sanctions on hold until it's fixed?
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Just a small tip, I heard quite a few people saying that they got reports of possibly being banned. Maybe during the next hotfix give everyone a clean slate if it's possible to avoid unneeded sanctions.
    • Like x 2
  19. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

No one has been banned. Rumors are silly. ;)
    • Like x 5
  20. Chungweishan New Player

I actually didn't think they would release the change this quickly. I also hoped the "heuristics" would detect a pattern instead of being per match. And I also expected bugs of this magnitude if it did happen.

As mentioned many times before, it won't affect me because Mark Rewards are absolutely pointless for me as a F2P. This is extremely important to know because that means I could consistently ruin other peoples progression either by winning or losing too fast.

That workaround of slowing down my victory or loss is ridiculous. It also shows what a complete failure this heuristic idea is if we are already contemplating ways to beat the system for our just deserved rewards.

How fast is too fast? What constitutes actual participation? If I stand around and do nothing... okay. But if I'm purposely using easily countered combos, would the system know? If I'm relying too much on PvE-styled Loadouts and Rotations (long casts, also easily countered), would it know? If I allow the enemy to kill me on purpose, there's always a chance I'll lose due to the Respawn Timer. Why should I be penalized if my enemy is inexperienced to the point of giving up?
    --

Off-topic opinion: This is why I never liked 1v1s. You play only for yourself. There's no incentive to actually get better, as you're only responsible for your actions good or bad. There's no social component to get better as a team-mate to coordinate attacks and counters. While it's the best and easiest way to progress gear, it fosters a soloist mentality especially in new players. It's exactly why certain players are so inept in team-based Arenas.