Will Wolf Form And Insectoid Form Ever Return To Their Normal Abilities State?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lucidex, Sep 12, 2023.

1. Lucidex Active Player

Nature used to be one of my favorite powers, the flexibility of going through multiple forms in DPS between Wolf and gorilla was very fun.
    I luckily managed to experience DCUO in a time where these powers weren't supercharges...
    and despite the cost being only 25% of your supercharge, I can't help but feel a tremendous amount of drag from that cost.

I didn't mind Gorilla being a supercharge because it's been like that for a very long time, but Wolf, insectoid, and Dog form are what defined nature for me in my opinion. why have them go through all that?

why are gadgets, and mental allowed to have a second loadout for free but nature has to pay for it?

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS: Prevent the use of multiple forms in the same loadout, but you can put a form ability inside another one.
    you can't use insectoid in damage loadout
    insectoid, dog and wolf are normal abilities but have their buffs reduced
    Gorilla is a 25% supercharge ability instead of 50%.

I think this is a good tradeoff but at the same time will make all the shapeshifting fans happy :/
    • Like x 2
  2. Lucidex Active Player

would be good if the buffs are permanent too :/
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They just need to adjust the buffs for Canine, Wolf and Insectoid. That's the only reason those powers were made into supercharges to begin with.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lucidex Active Player

Or, remove the supercharge completely and stop breaking things that are already fine as they are.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I don't disagree with you, those powers should have never been made into supercharges. If the developers were to remove their supercharge status they would have to lower the buffs on those powers. If they didn't do that Nature would be broken and too powerful.
    • Like x 2
  6. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

All forms except the dog cost 50% SC. It used to be lower, but Eye Of Gemini artifact made Nature overpowered, so it was raised. Eye Of Gemini has been nerfed recently, but we're stuck with SC forms and I doubt there are plans to revert the powerset to any of the previous states.

When I first played this game 10 years ago Nature was my favorite powerset, mainly because of the flexibility of transformations - multiple loadouts, buffs and movements available at any time. But many were unhappy with the forms and I spent a lot of time on the forums arguing with people, who wanted that whole aspect of the powerset to be removed, so that Nature could be a simple DOT powerset. It was a huge problem for many players apparently, that when they were running in one of the forms, no one could see their pretty, shiny styles. Ironically, the main problems with Nature DPSing at the time was the fact that the poison DOTs were shared between Nature players, so if you had more than one in the group, they would be constantly overwriting each other lowering overall damage.

I was quite disappointed when I came back to the game and saw huge SC cost. I play Mental now, for the extra loadout, because I like more complex rotations than pressing 4 buttons, one after another, and I don't want to have to build SC in order to even be able to test builds. Nature can still be a good DPS, when using the latest artifact and ally cheese, but it's just not much fun for me.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lucidex Active Player

Problem arises when other DPS abilities with extra loadouts have a more flexible way of handling a mission.
    for example with mental, you can use invis on a group of ads pretty quickly, without any set ups, and only wait 12 seconds for the invis.

with nature you have to set up the three dots, then Harvest, then build up supercharge for the form all that for what? 10 seconds of damage for 5/6 group of ads? its so inefficient and inconsequential.

even if you're saving the form for Bosses, bosses nowadays have a lot of phases and special attacks/abilities that halts your DPS, so sometimes you have to get out of the form to reapply the three dots then build up supercharge to get in again...it's completely stupid.

and lets talk about the buff duration, only what 15 seconds? then I'm back to being regular...at least make the buff last for a minute or two in the form. this isn't Neo venom boost
  8. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Nature's ranged DPS is garbo. It goes absolutely beast if you utilize a melee loadout, however.

Cast your 3 dot PIs, then you're using thorn burst, borrowing from either the iconics or movement tree abilities, and using... that one power where you punch the ground and tons of thorns sprout out. In my case, my Pumpkin headed acro nature uses forward flip attack as it's an AOE. Takes a few seconds to set up the poison but the 3 melee powers are 3 seconds CD a piece, allowing for 1 each second. Just those three alone is typically strong enough to deal with trash mobs, but when your tank starts gathering a group, the dots stacked with 3 hard hitting melee range attacks adds up very, very quickly.

This performs better because thorn burst actually does hefty damage, where as the ranged 'refresh' skill is extremely weak. Nature's leftover ranged attacks are paltry as well, making its ranged loadout for burst damage fairly miserable without again dipping into movement and iconics.

The form changes don't need any buffs. They simply replace the melee weaponset like they used to, while the tray abilities should remain the same.

If the game finally got an input combination to trigger supercharges that didn't require slotting into the standard tray, then you could do more with this. From your skill loadout for nature, you'd be able to slot a form change into a separate place. Meanwhile all powers would be able to select one supercharge to be used on demand when whatever button combination is pressed.

That same command, when held down for 2 seconds, would enact the form change for nature players. Simply tapping it instead (and releasing) would trigger the supercharge. Win/win. You get the form change and everybody gets to utilize supercharges without nerfing their tray abilities.