Will we ever see immunities removed/changed to a fairer system?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Wildfire, Feb 2, 2014.

1. JonnyD New Player

That's why I said they can just change it to some other emote. They did the fall over because it was easier to apply the response for a lunge (as far as animation is concerned) on a block to all the other interrupt moves. It is still just responding to a fail counter. You take that way, and other than a 1v1 situation, someone who fails an interrupt has an advantage over someone who fails a block break (they can simply switch to another target without losing any damage per second).

Discussing realism is out of question anyway because there are a lot of realistic unrealistic* things in this game when it comes to real world applications... the whole "immunity aka blue aura" is pretty unnatural as is.

edit: typo =(...and clarification
  2. Cadens Dedicated Player

Why should there be any effect on a person performing a range attack? If its not a block break, make it do far less damage.
  3. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

I have to disagree cadens. If all I did was give them immunity screen blocking would be pointless almost. The idea of working as a team catching blocks or BBs for your teammate would disappear. T1 and T2, vs E1 and E2. T1 tries to spin chop E1. E2 blocks. Right now T1 is on the ground being countered for his carelessness. What you propose is that T1 should just give immunity to E2... well who cares, he was trying to kill E1!
    • Like x 1
  4. Redscreen5 New Player

Anything that is accountable to counter mechanics is broken in this game. Lunge windows are ridiculously short, Certain block breakers are delayed which marginalizes the community's weapon selection, Damage often goes missing as if clipping into thin air, the OP affects of CC and the "juggling" affect. I sometimes wonder if the devs actually trial the changes or just use numbers and pre assumption basis's to prohibit it.

Getting block broken while im actively fighting on MY screen is the worst. We shouldn't have to pay the price because someone else's connection is garbage. If that's the case I might start running Torrents and various other heavy bandwidth usage applications to maybe "even the odds", because these problems have been evident for months and its getting ridiculous.
  5. Karasawa Loyal Player

Right around when dc went F2P you could immediately get up from a block counter by just tapping breakout. I miss those days. Combat had a much faster pace.
  6. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

I have to say I am not a fan of immunities either as it just "doubles" the lag. I mean if you're fighting against someone with whom you're having a 1 sec lag, at least before, once you realized that, you could adjust by timing your blocks or counters a little bit earlier to what you were seeing on screen but with immunities you have another delay to take into account to what you're seeing making the lag harder to estimate so in the end if there's noticeable lag in the match you can as well not bother looking at the screen at all and just do your combo and block and block breaker randomly hoping it will land in a moment in which immunity is not active.
  7. vortexb New Player

What really annoys me is when people from EU playing on US servers complain about lag, counter mechanics, and block/bb windows.
    Are you serious?

Change the server. Problem solved.
    Or stop complaining.

I'm from EU, played on US server for almost 2 years. It was hard. But I didn't complain, because I knew where it's all coming from.
    Changed to EU server few months ago, I see no problems that you guys are mentioning here, I can react to counter play mechanics...

And in case you're still all angry - Point me to a game that does NOT have lag issues in case you're playing from EU on US server.
    Well, you won't find one, most of them act even way worse than DCUO.

You have to be aware that any EU player will always have about 200-300ms latency to any server on US east coast, west coast servers are even way worse, you could go to 400-450ms. It doesn't get any better than this, and it's not the game's fault. Don't expect games to be working properly in that enviornment and don't expect the devs to change the game so that it fits your poor choice of servers or your bad connection.

And about the immunity, it's one of the best ideas that was added into this game, it rewards the player that plays well and it gives those that get focused a fighting chance.

Want immunity removed? Go play a healer that gets focused by 4 people in an arena match first and then come back and give me your opinion.

You people really complain too much, and too often such complaints screw the games over.