Will it suck or not? The Flash 2nd teaser

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by MsTickle Fate, Apr 25, 2023.

1. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Apparently no war between Atlantis and Amazons. But there's an animated version of that, anyway.

I'm hoping Howard the Duck will cameo.
  2. Random Mind Dedicated Player

I think the only similarity to Flashpoint this movie will have is Flash going back to save his mom, the rest is just a monkey's paw version of the story. The question will be how does it stack up to Batman vs. Superman and what it did to the Dark Knight Returns/ Death of Superman stories. I'm pretty sure BvS will retain the title because they messed up two stories pretty amazingly in the same movie. I mean, they choose to base movies off these stories because they are popular, but the writers will manipulate them until they barely resemble the originals, then when fans say the movie sucks, they wonder why.

In my opinion, the only thing generating hype for the movie is Michael Keaton's return, which might be interesting but I'd still rather watch the Flashpoint animated movie.
  3. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

I was reading the initial reactions from some of the screenings. I know they do these things to hype the movies, but they were all fanboys, and going through their previous tweets they were all along the lines of "Ermagerd! The trailer looks fantastic" so it's no wonder they got invited to a screening.

I'm optimistic, but guarded. Black Adam had initially good buzz too, then when it came out, it died hard.
  4. Random Mind Dedicated Player

If you don't schill, you don't get your access. Then when the movie bombs they come out and say, "Even though I really enjoyed it, and so-and-so nailed their role, the movie did have some flaws." As more time goes by, you might eventually get an honest critique of the movie, still with a positive caveat like, "it had some good moments" or "despite its faults I had a fun time" and instead of praising the movie, now they'll just mention the studio, actors or director.

It's all part of the game for movie review sites/channels. How badly do you want that access?
  5. Talks2MuchSense Well-Known Player

Word from the Screening at CinemaCon from some reliable Reviewers are all saying its really good and really fun. Most are saying they wouldn't call it the best Superhero movie ever but that it's not far behind the top contenders.