Will dcuo ever have new open world missions again?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fatal Star, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Like the title says. Will we ever have new maps to explore with new missions or will we always be tied to the on duty menu for as long as the servers are still up? If the latter is true then it's depressing and sad. So much you guys can do map wise and we stay confined in a limited space.

Why am I beating this dead horse again? Because I refuse to believe this monthly content is it as far as new releases. We need open world bounties again, missions, new maps to explore, maybe expand on older ones. These threads will continue to pop up until it happens.

Not everyone likes raids. Especially the ones we've been getting lately. Give us more options.
    • Like x 18
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

I agree. If we dont hear something about: new progression, water, or open world by June. I am cancelling my renewal.
    • Like x 12
  3. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  4. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Why would you beat a live horse? Are you some kind of monster??? :p
    • Like x 1
  5. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

I don't know at the expense of ridicule this game is hard enough, chasing a live horse to beat it sounds like too much work
    • Like x 1
  6. Roomba Dedicated Player

DC is now a hub-based MMO that no longer encourages individuality or adaptability... save for cosmetics. Open world is dead. Massive, endless PvP brawls are myths of times long, long ago. The new version of open world is tiny theme parks (Wastelands, MBZ, NG, GUS...), without any actual content or connection. Those of us, and I certainly count myself in this category, that loved the "world" that was this game's soul have to accept that it's gone. It's gone for both lack of content, and for total change of player mind set due to consistent lack of incentive to do ANYTHING in open world, except turn on speed hacks to farm exos faster.

Sit in HoD/WT, and wait until someone invites you after you sufficiently spam LFG. Press 1234 until disappointing loot. Spend RPBs. Repeat.
    -DCUO
    • Like x 9
  7. HideTheBodies Loyal Player

Nerf horses! They're too strong, especially in open-world!

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. ChromeWarriorXTC Loyal Player

Here you go the easiest horse to catch DCUO friendly:
    [IMG]
  9. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Pinky Pie one shots Darkseid. Pls nerf.

Edit: that's actually twilight sparkle. I need to catch up on my inner 4 year old.
    • Like x 1
  10. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Truer words have never been spoken. It's a sad reality.
  11. Wallachia Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  12. TheDeuce Well-Known Player

While I do enjoy hanging out in the HOD talking "smack," open world bounties would go a long way.

Please add more PVP bounty poster feats. You don't need a new cinematic from Mark Hammill (sp?) to expand on the Last Laugh DLC which you eventually gave away to everyone at no charge.

Make Diamond Heist and Ring War resettable via RB.

There is a whole open world PVP phase out there which is not being used. I farm in it because it is an empty zone. I wear my PVP armory in open world PVP phase just for nostalgia at this point.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  13. David Ivanenko Committed Player

They should've launched T8 (and hopefully each tier) with a new open world area or an expansion to an already existing one, like those islands you can't get to in Gotham/Metro, or make Central City bigger, or even use Kandor as a new open world area with the city itself acting like a player hub where you get your missions and expand it with every episode related to Kryptonians.
    Adding new areas little by little and then re-purposing them for extra missions/instances would create an ever expanding world and not make the players feel like we're just hanging around the same old areas (well, just the ones with exobit nodes in them) waiting for a queue to pop.

Right now, we get maybe one new area every 3 months or so (just guessing) and it comes as an instance, so you can't even explore them at your own pace, since you'll have 1, 3 or 7 players wanting you to rush through as fast as possible so they can replay it again.

The other maps we get are just already existing areas (warehouses, museums, arenas, etc) with different posters/stickers on the walls and 10 or so different objects placed around with re-skinned bosses and enemies.

It would be nice going back to the days where group bounties would require 2 or 3 groups of people fighting together to take down an iconic.
    Or having several solo/group missions on a big area where we'd see a whole bunch of players knocking out enemies, carrying stuff, doing their daily mission objectives, etc.

As it is right now, the game could pretty much be a menu based MMO where the only time you're not scrolling through a menu is during the 10-30 minutes you're running an instance.
  14. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

Your definitely more patient than me, already cancelled my renewal, back to playing Destiny and FF14 for me. I still watch the forums in hopes that something's coming which might intrigue me.

It's a shame really:( been on DCUO since open beta of Dec/2010 and cancelling my renewal is not even entirely because of updates or dlc's some of which I'm not happy with but was willing to play on, the biggest reason I un-subbed is primarily the fact the game still feels like it's in beta when it's comes to all the new problems (bugs/glitches etc..) and the reoccurring problems some of which have been here since the beginning like mail (Really!? been 5 years), chat (same as mail) and unexplainable disconnects. Then you get some people on these forums coming to defend all these problems saying things like "it's an MMo these things happen", which yes I do agree with but some of these issues have been reoccurring problems for 4-5 years, I'm sorry no "credible" MMo has this many problems on an on going basis.

TL;DR version - Just utter disappointment with a number of things
    • Like x 2
  15. AlphaOrion Dedicated Player

I agree with everything you said but about the part with the new version of open world, Wastelands, New Gen, etc... to add to that, we're not even getting those anymore which is also disappointing, New Gen was the last new open world area added and that was what 7 - 9 dlc's ago. The game has become entirely instance driven.
    • Like x 1
  16. Sage-Rapha Steadfast Player

And an adamant refusal to fix certain things as well... or pay attention to anything other than pew pew watch me kill 5000 things with a press of a button
    • Like x 2