Why people quit the game before lvl30 or 70CR?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Derio, Apr 5, 2015.

1. lukelucky Devoted Player

buddy you crack me up. who has cash issues in the first hour. laughable. you can be t2 b4 the premium cap causes issues. you sir sound like a premmy whose working an agenda here
  2. Derio 15000 Post Club

Funny story, I made a wonderwoman mentored toon this morning for munitions and my mission glitched and bugged out on me. Had to click on the mission in my journal like 4 times for it to track it, even then when I got a side mission, it hid the main mission objective and had to repeat the progress.

I got up to lvl 8 until I got so frustrated I said screw it and used loyalty points to change one of my controllers to munitions. 1-30 is so much of a struggle, not to mention the long q times and there is almost nobody leveling up a new toon so its literally just you out there in the open world by yourself.

Even on my main I dont go out into the old gotham and metro anymore. My main goes 3 places:
    League Hall
    My bases
    Watchtower

And thats it. Devs havent really given me a reason to go out into the open world. Even the new battlezones, once the feats are done I dont go back there, there is no reason to.

So I dont see when noobs call out for help or need help with understanding things while they are in the early stage.

I helped some people this morning while leveling a new toon, but there are some real jerks out there who dont want to help people or dont even bother to tell them useful hints out in the open world.

The community has been so poisoned with DPS scorecard chasing that they stomp all over the little guy.
  3. lukelucky Devoted Player

i was with you up till balance. WHEN DID THEY CLAIM THEY WERE DONE? has not happened yet so how can you expect a finished product? CANT. this is crazy to me. they have what a dozen people doing a complete game machanics overhaul while developing 3 new powers, WM, AM, and probably additional WM, and AMs. we have to think they can expand of whats been done. back to the point at hand. celestrail and rage rulled when rage came out. the reason was they had their AMs. after all the AMs were installed or being installed both rage and celestrials concept suddenly came up short and needed a redue. look at pet AM and a few powers. adjustments probably will need 2 be made drawing this out a bit longer.

all in all i hope they are done soon and the powers become close to balanced
  4. Sbel Devoted Player

Way to miss the point, dude.
    +
    Sure, I'm Premium. That's why I have an All Access tag under my name. :rolleyes:
  5. lukelucky Devoted Player

ok the all access i have no idea about any of that nor is it my concern. the basic point is the biggest thing keeping the small % of legendary players subbed up is the cash cap. if they adjust that they lose subs and as a result STAND ZERO CHANCE OF GAINING A SUB. cash and profits are low concerningly low and your still worried about yourself. that is what i am not missing. sub up or make due
  6. Sbel Devoted Player

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=soe all access
  7. Brother Reimar Well-Known Player

If I may. DCUO is the 4th online game I have tried. I am relatively new to the genre, so I am innocent to a lot, but in the last few years I have learned so much.

Till I started reading the forums here I never knew of the issues that were being discussed here or any problems that are of such grave concern to the forum community. In fact I have been surprised to discover how negative much of the community was for I never paid attention . But as for being the worst? Hardly!!! That award goes to Mechwarrior Online by a mile. That community is all but actively trying to destroy the game for its own self-centered reasons. Its crawling with game mechanic "lobbyists" like DC in budget writing season and they don't care who gets screwed as long as it benefits them. This place is a polite tea party in comparison.

What I have come to realize though is that a minor happenstance where a high CR comes in and I end up as an extra in my own movie... not even a sidekick, is considered such a big deal. I dunno. I try to help the team when I am of significantly higher level. My highest CR is only a 67 so its not often I do that. It happens when I run the lower level missions because they're fun and when I play overnight NA times and there is nobody on. I still have not played more than 2 raids because of this. What gets me down is so much paid content is going to waste or taking me months to even try. Not that I am quitting because I find this game still fun and relaxing in spite of all this, its just... depressing.

Getting useless support equipment in loot drops that salvage gives me garbage craft components or because its escrow capped if I sell it or too expensive to craft, that IS a real design issue. Makes the game pay to play and inaccessible when I HAVE paid and shouldn't be hindered.

I would go legendary if the monthly rate was under $10/month. No online game is worth more.

So that takes me to my epiphany. Participating in the forums of every game has lessened the fun of online games. And I am a HUGE poster in the MWO forums... but realize that, especially in a PvP environment the behavior that is fostered is over-competitive, narcissistic and negative bordering on sociopathic nihilism. The original reason I started posting or even reading the forums here is that there is no manual to get answers to basic FAQs on certain things I needed answers that my google fu could not find and then continued to look around to see what other good things I could find. Lots of holes in the wikis out there too. I suppose I should put my money where my mouth is and help this way too since I have at least some beneficial experience. But much like learning cheat codes in older games... the winning is no longer fun and the temptation to use them is too great.

I kinda rambled off topic but felt it needed to be said as more or less an outsider to this forum community.

So really, there have been some really good points, but as I have said in my other community...

Gamers be gamers, yo?

o9.(brofist). ;)
    • Like x 1
  8. lukelucky Devoted Player

regretably i switched my healer to nature instead of my hardly used quantum troll to munitions. this extremely bad choice lead me to build a toon. worst things are

1. level 9 to 11. the watchtower, the base setup stretch is a nice chunck of long. maybe the first time its ok but some % of those who quit are alts. if you need a alt or have ventured to that point ur trying to keep interest. this makes this bad and for new players the time is kinda long. lol do we really need to learn about mods till level 30?
    maybe toss the RnD AT level 30 and the base at level 5. spread it out a tad.
    2. probably should be #1. how did they redue the leveling system and have the journal mission selection mess up often? accidents happen but its been a long while and um its still messed up. people get stuck try another day, still stuck quit.

3. the form shifting missions. i know often common but these are really bad.

CAMPERS save the you can change phases speach please. out of that many players some % are bound to unknowingly enter the pvp world and have zero clue about the phase shifter. if they dont know the basics they cant know how to report this. i see no sport at all killing such a new toon. but we all have been killed by a camper and its frustrating. the hospital mission you had to accept that campers would get you a few times.
    also pvp phase for us who know how to change is still a way funner way to level. when you get to a mission and fight an opposing faction member its cool. when you fight the same guy for the 7th time on the 3rd mission the game is fun in a unique way and we should not lose that cause someone want to empeede our progression.
  9. Nightcrow New Player

Maybe it's more simple, people leave because the game is just not for them. You have to have a certain type of personality to run content for gear and feats. I deleted DCUO because the game doesn't give me anything to do beyond a certain CR number, maybe randomly generated maps or enemies with random abbilities would keep people like me in the game. I've paid for two months of membership and spent 3000MC just to feel like I gave something back for the two months I played DCUO. I'll still be active on the forums to see if things will change so I can download again.
  10. Buckley Loyal Player

Correct, thay just stop playing DCUO, but keep adding to that impressive number of subscribers(registered users) DCUO likes to brag about
    • Like x 1