Why not use older characters as legends?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Jenny Hailey, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Jenny Hailey New Player

With dlc 9 they are bringing in Saint Walker and Atrocitus for user play. Instead of creating some new characters to use in-game why not use the ones everyone is familiar with but don't get missions often or at all. Suggestions:
    -Martian Manhunter
    -Captain Cold
    -Scarecrow
    -Black Adam
    I'm sure most people would want to see these characters instead of all the bat family characters with the same moves and powers. I hate the bat family.
    • Like x 4
  2. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Because those specific characters aren't really directly part of the lantern mythos.

As the new power is rage the leader of the red lantern core was a must for a legends character & also as they're introducing blue lanterns for the first time saint walker was also an obvious choice. Both of these characters are directly related to the lore of the DLC and were the most suitable choices to be made.

Those iconics you listed as well as many others are long overdue for a place in the legends game mode, however this DLC isn't really the time for it. They either need to be introduced via a free update or as part of a DLC that actually relates to the lore of the characters.
    • Like x 1
  3. Kroye Loyal Player

Ah, I misunderstood when I clicking on this thread. I was going to suggest Pookie as a Legend character.
  4. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Scarecrow isn't the most physical guy in the world hence he uses mind altering gasses as his tool. This is why it takes so little time to take him down in his mission.
  5. Jenny Hailey New Player

I would pay 50 dollars if Trigon and Braniac were put into the game. :)
    • Like x 1
  6. The Lone Stranger Devoted Player

But...
    we're expecting a total of 4 light dlc's...
    (One long ago, one coming soon, and two sometime in the near {snicker} future)

That's a lot of Lantern Legends - most of whom are virtually INFANTS compared to the long-established iconics mentioned by OP.

And, none of those mentioned really fit into an Amazon-based DLC (we gots 3 coming, right?)...
    And only J'onn really fits with Apokolips DLC (back-issue search: enabled!)...

so, we'll see HOPE to see most of these in 2020?

I really think Captain Marvel, Black Adam, Martian Manhunter, Captain Cold, Mirror Master, Captain Boomerang, Flash, Professor Zoom, and Krypto need to be in Legends more than additional Lanterns do - just my opinion.
    But, If I've already got four Lanterns, why would I want another eight?
    That's like wanting Superman, Power Girl, Super Girl, General Zod, Ursa... oh... um....
    • Like x 1
  7. Assassinguy New Player

Deathstroke
    • Like x 3
  8. Jenny Hailey New Player

I just really can't stand the fact that every bat family hero is the same with a re-skin and a different weapon. Just irks me that they all have basically the same moves.
    • Like x 1
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

They don't have all the same moves though, yes they have a few that are the same (flips for example) but it is harsh to say that they all share the same moveset. For example, only four of the whole bat family have stealth. Out of these, three work the same hitting high damage & being clippable with another power to do high damage and the other doing extreme damage with no clipping ability. Harley is the only one with a spin, one of only two with a throwable item, Two-face is the only one with a barrel & with two SCs and only him & bane have powerful DoTs etc.

Each of these different moves is enough to give these legends different playstyles and keeps them fresh and different enough from each other. The kryptonians suffer more from this often having half of their moves the same but still manage to offer something different. Where they really need to change things up and stop things from being too similar is with Arkillo and Kilowog :p

However it is easier to balance legends with more moves that are the same or similar.
    • Like x 1
  10. Houdei Level 30

The Titans would bring in a variety of new powers. (Cyborg, Raven, Starfire, BeastBoy, Speedy, Kid Flash etc)

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  11. Evil Grave New Player

I don't see it as a major issue as seeing as how Jon Stewart ,Amon Sur ,Killowag, Arkillo, Powergirl ,Ursa, and Bizzaro where release during the last laugh dlc.