Why Max Damage DEVS?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nemeses Prime, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

what? if I understood this in a right way u are saying that ice armor's 50% dmg modifier will be good after we get max dmg mod? can u explain me how, cause u will either nerf your self for 10% dmg modifier for a duration of 60 sec by basically using your own powerset's concept (ice armor) or if max dmg mod overwrites the ice armor then ice armor is practically a cosmetic thingy. one of the most important mechanics of ice is overlooked, its still 50% on test server. it cant stay as 50%, not even 60% cause there is no point in having it in that case because u have the same % 24/7 anyway with max dmg mod.
  2. hoaxone Committed Player

Let's not forget the crit bonus when in ice armor...so if they bump to 60%..u still keep ur advantage of ice armor.simple
  3. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

What crit bonus? Man, do you even know how Ice Armor works? Seriously...
    • Like x 5
  4. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Been fortunate enough to be at SOE live this weekend and hear what several dev team members have to say about this and how they got to their conclusion.

Suffice to say, I trust them and their data more at this point.

Surprisingly Tunso was also very strong on the position game logs and data tracks support AM's and weapon mastery delta in damage out is very small.
  5. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

WM is base now, powers are coloful toppings over a WM. If by puting us in the same uniform and making everyone literally taping the same buttons at the same time 5 times slower then before, no matter the powerset, then yeah, balance created.
    Electric vs Rage before WM, just fix electric and no more problems.
  6. Sore Steadfast Player

Who were you? Did I get to say hi?
  7. Elusian Crowd Control

Ah thats why we see so much diversity in AM and WM in the game.

/sarcasm off
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Saw you several times. Blurred was my tag name at the conference. Don't think we were ever introduced.
  9. Sore Steadfast Player

Sorry for the minor detail. Say hi next time. I love meeting other players.
  10. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

I do know that Tunso strongly believes AM and Burst are really close to each other. But to be honest, I can't manage to get the same damage out in raids with the AM mechanic (not talking about the combo one, its the only one working) using Fire, Earth, Sorcery or Electricity as I get using pure Burst loadouts. I tried and tried and tried, but for me Burst has always been better.
    • Like x 1
  11. Sore Steadfast Player

Keep in mind that Tunso thinks they're even over long periods against raid bosses. The scoreboard is not a concern to him because the health from adds is irrelevant. It's a minor gear check. You must be "this" tall to ride this ride. He's not that sympathetic to the effect that faster mob clearing rates has on instance run times.
    • Like x 1
  12. Chipjacson New Player

What does Ice armour do in dps role?
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

I would venture a guess, seeing as how you are on the high end of the bell curve at a certain skill level, burst may always have an edge. Then again your play, play style, power choices, game vision, and natural ability may lend you more towards burst style I don't know.

But I will walk away from SOE with a lot of faith in the Dev team.

I also don't doubt you knowing the work you put into the game and into helping others I think you just may be naturally more suited for the more active/interactive/burst style of play.

I know from my experience I can hold the electric AM to the electric burst for my style of play but I run burst at a disadvantage because I refute to use robot sidekick anymore.
  14. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

those crits that u saw are not from ice armor, they come from ice bash that u probably used 5 times in a row to make ice armor. the effects of ice bash are:
    40% dmg modifier for 5 sec
    10% crit weapon dmg for 12 sec
    10% crit ability dmg for 12 sec
    5% chance to crit with weapon for 12 sec
    the effect of ice armor is 50% dmg modifier for 60 sec and its useless now with max dmg mod.
    • Like x 2
  15. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

locks your dmg modifier for 1 minute on 50%
    • Like x 1
  16. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

And that's a very logical approach. But correct me if my logic is wrong, using a burst loadout will guarantee you a small window in where every DoT hitting will crit (WM bonus) whereas using the AM you will only have the typical chance to crit. Won't the burst loadouts have a noticeable advantage towards the AM since they will have their crits guaranteed over a 60% modifier? Increasing the gap between burst and AM.

They just decreased the prec buffs a good 30% and now they want to increase the damage by 10-25%, I don't get it.
    • Like x 1
  17. Sore Steadfast Player

That's where I'd be crossing the line of relaying sentiments he expressed to me and speculating on what he thinks. I don't know regarding DoTs. I don't get to keep mine with the crit bonus. I'd be surprised if a DoT did get a crit bonus. I imagine the DoT is a proc and the crit window is a tag the burst power is looking for in a predicate. I'd be surprised if the DoT had a similar predicate.
  18. kAiSeR007 Dedicated Player

Let's say I use Sorcery. I have Soul Well, Shards of Life, Circle of Destruction and Weapon of Destiny active, then I use my WM combo and use transmutation after it successfully. Transmutation will activate a small window and all the DoTs hitting in that very moment will crit. That's why burst is so good. If all those crits go over a 60% modifier, well... A bit too good I guess.
    • Like x 1
  19. hoaxone Committed Player

OK my bad,was thinking bout the ice bash buff to ice armor.
    Glad u took the opportunity tho to say something when u actually are right.impressive for once.
    But don't worry...I don't like kaiser buns.or hairy trolls.
  20. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

it takes a move of a single finger to activate the buff pretty much every 2nd time when u go for your rotation, it doesnt take anything to chill out with 60% dmg modifier in your hands socket.