Why make us wait?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by CaptainColdilocks, Apr 22, 2023.

1. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

I didn't specify which raid. Maybe it was bold of me to assume that you actually queue instances while you are logged in. You probably just create source marks out of thin air all day... and between instances... you just can't leave your base. There's too much going on in there that needs your attention.
  2. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

Well On The Terms Of The Bounties
    I Think Their Great

Give Us A Chance To Mingle
    See Players You Probably Won't Run Into Regularly
    Feels Like A Fun Experience All Of Us Working Together

You Know Feels Like A Sesnss Of Community
    That Isn't Really There At Times

I Personally Think

But Probably I Feel Like The Wait Time Is Gonna Get Reduced
    • Like x 1
  3. BƖack Dedicated Player

Oh yes, that's something i don't like either :oops:
  4. Atrocuis_ Well-Known Player

As The Surprise Bounty In The Future

I Hope It's Ebon Or Hotstreak

Maybe This Time It'll Be A Duo Added Boss
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

I feel compelled to remind that the wait time only seems excessive because there are currently giant armies farming the bosses at the moment. When the average group size comes down it won't seem that bad since fighting the bosses will take longer.
    • Like x 2
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

No, I'll run the current EG raids and maybe ...on my main...so that's 4 runs now. 1 Omni if the right one pops (for me it generally does). On alts I MIGHT run the single current raid....as of yet I've only run it 1 time on my main and on 1 alt....so, assuming 4 EG raids where you propose I use that queue time to pick a boss off, that's 4 bosses a week...and as I said, 1 or 2 passes a week. And alts wouldn't matter for the counts as I'd only be worried about counts on my main. So if the raid queues doesn't pop in 5-7 min...guess what...in between Jinx and Mammoth...waiting....in between Mammoth and Dr Light...waiting...in between Dr Light and the 5...waiting. I'll be signed out before then and run the raids another day I suppose.

How I'll create source marks (BESIDES my printing press in my base), is to hit the OW bosses in some of the different zones 1 time a week, in which case I can't be doing OW in Static bounties at the same time, now can I? Guess what...while I'm doing some OW bounties in other areas...no waiting, I can go from one to the next to the next with only travel time in between. And for the most part I know what my return on time investment is for those SM...unlike random queues with random groups.

And that all assumes I'm doing any of this for source marks. On my main I have 20K+, with 10K+ on all primary alts probably nearing 100K+ now total. SM isn't really an issue, but yeah...I'll grab some quick ones if they are there...sure.
    • Like x 1
  7. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

Yeah that's how I've been handling it. In between the boss spawns I've been destroying helicopter and blimps, hunting down shadow giants, freeing caged bang baby's etc...
    • Like x 1
  8. WhiteW0lf Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure you don't get the currency from it when it do it this way though. It would appear that the currency you get from the bounties (cant remember the name atm) is on a timer also, and even if you skip around the phases you will still not get it until the normal amount of time has passed between boss spawns.

But if you are only concerned with feat counts then it doesn't really matter I suppose.
  9. spikeat Well-Known Player

I didn't try to verify what triggers it but sometimes the other phases did grant currency. My focus was just to get the feat out of the way. I ended up with 700 marks in the end, which is more than enough for all the elite accessories.

If my math is correct, doing it the normal way for the feat would net you 1250 marks.
    • Like x 1
  10. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It must be exhausting putting all of this thought into something so simple. Just crack a beer and relax, man. I'm getting stressed just reading all of this. It will all be done before you realize it.
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

I'd like to see the rotation sped up a bit.

Talk of Shimmers exclusion in the game made me think it would be fun if she could somehow be a surprise addition to the villains but I also know better. Think of all the wonderful encasements and control effects the devs can make us endure.
  12. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Oh, I cracked a beer....a few of them to be honest. Just wasn't standing in Dakota city while I was doing it. Wasn't even in game last night. Plenty relaxed. Maybe if reading 3 paragraphs is stressing for you, YOU are the one who needs to relax?

And half of my reply was a response to your SM bit with your needless 'staying in your base' crack. I really spend very little time in my base, save days where I want to list a bunch of crap to sell, OR farming for SM. I actually put very little thought into the game anymore as it's been very boring as of late. More standing around or picking off repetitive needless count feats wasn't going to fix that.

And you seem to be missing the point where I said I'm not that concerned with it. I'll get them eventually. Maybe by the next DLC...maybe not. It wasn't a statement about how I'll be dealing with 'getting them done'. I'll put less effort into these than I did Pride or Injustice....and I just finished Pride last week. I'd assume you finished both long ago.

Oh shoot....that's 3 paragraphs again. Hopefully you can cope with all that stressful reading.
  13. Tiffany6223 Devoted Player

I agree. I personally will only do the dailies now and run the duo / alert / raid on Thursday reset or Friday. I’m not enjoying the open world boss fights, especially now that they crash my PS5. I think I will avoid the open world bosses completely this dlc.

Dakota City is big & beautiful and the environments we play in for the duo & alert are really well laid out, I like them. I’m not really fond of the basic raid. I don’t know, maybe I’m just not enjoying DCUO in general anymore.
    • Like x 1
  14. Eve YouTuber

I think the bosses should be quick between each other, and then after you finish beat everyone a 3 min stop to take a breather. But waiting too much is annoying. I plan to farm this time cause It's only 25 per boss.
  15. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Yeah... you lost me somewhere in the middle. Tiffany was distracting me with her melodrama though. We should all go on a bender together. How do you guys feel about Canada?
  16. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Sorry....won't go to Canada buddy. All those disjointed heads creep me out.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

I don't think they're letting anyone in, anyway:
    [IMG]