Why Lernaea's Amulet Is BIS

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Mysticwraith, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Math Matters, and proof is in the pudding!
  2. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Trans card isnt just a flat crit buff, its also a flat overall damage debuff, wich result in "X%" extra damage but not as much as you would expect from the raw crit stat increase.

Lernaea is best for raw stats, but its close to impossible to use in hard content (Elite) and if used in solo content, its buff is barely noticeable. Also, almost any healer will hate your guts from the bottom of their heart especially if you dont reset the stacks with your finisher.

Soulcloak is a good artifact if paired with a powerset that has a strong supercharge but also a long cooldown. Its definitely a decent choice for rage but Munitions and Water benefit the most from it. There is a better artifact for rage when it comes to raw damage than scrap of the soulcloak.

Nubia is a very good ally but actually a wasted one for dps, since you wanna have your controller run her. Its the same effect as having multiple tetrahedrons or cogs of mageddon in the group. Pointless.

Lastly, infuriate is one of the worst supercharges in the game currently. It only buffs crits, not base damage like venom for example. Rage actually has the best supercharge in game, wich is berserk. This is best in slot since it doubes your damage if youre close to the enemy.

I appreciate this guys approach to teach players, but there is too much misinformation in this video unfortunately.
    • Like x 12
  3. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Someone should tell him about the supercharge cola on test. Aside from that, agree with stritch. Plus rage puts out like 8mil 10sec parsers and best I saw here was like 500k. Infuriate vs berserk isn’t even a debate. Amulet, meh. It has its time but most of that time is spent being dead on the floor. Not a ton of healers want to deal with it. In elites, users are the reason a healer can’t use multiple eogs so they’re actually detrimental to their groups. Tetra is the better option of wanting buffed might stats. Plus helps the whole team.
  4. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Did you not hear me give my disclaimer? I specifically said, I could not acquire all the stacks due to lack of a healer, but math is math! Have you heard of accumulative scaling? No other artifact will scale up to 30% might, on top of additional buffs and passives applied. Just a few hit yielded around 30k increase on bottom end. As far as healers whinnying, my current main is a healer, and if they can't keep up with a six sec proc....they should stop healing
  5. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

How is showing stats to proc misleading? You pull over 30k buff to might without it, and I'll say you were right. Don't worry....I'll wait PROOF IS IN THE PUDDING!
  6. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Tetra goes up depending on health, not sure where that’s capping at these days. Wouldn’t be surprised if it tops amulet’s buff tho and with no draw backs. Healers don’t care if a player cancels their stacks. The problem is that some players run amulet without even having the finisher on their loadout. Never canceling. Having someone do that in elites with one healer is not a good move. I’m not saying it’s a terrible artifact, but plenty of players use it terribly. Plus it’s rage, you want top damage then there’s all sorts of easier and safer ways to do it vs using learneas. This arti is just too situational to be bis. 30% is nice but take a knee and it doesn’t help at all. It’s fine for regular raids as long as the healer is capable and aware. But if they’re not canceling, chances are the healer will just let them drop so they learn their lesson.

The super choice thing, berserk is leaps and bounds better. You gained like 5% crit chance and damage. But if you used berserk and called in some pets and ally then you’re doing massive amounts of damage. Infuriate is just pretty terrible which is why it was on the chopping block for the supercharge pass.
    • Like x 2
  7. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

I went over that in the video too. Once again, you're failing to rebuttal the facts. NO OTHER ARTIFACT SCALES THAT MUCH MIGHT!
  8. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The part of the lernaea stat is correct. I didnt say its not, but that its not likely to happen in a realistic setting. I was more concerned about the other things being said in the video.

Something to also keep in mind is that 30% might increase doesnt translate to 30% damage increase unfortunately, since there are other sources of damage that come into play for overall damage.

Lernaea is undeniably a very potent artifact however. I just wouldnt call it best in slot simply for its major drawbacks. :)
    • Like x 3
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lets think of a realistic setting.

Lets say 6 stacks is the highest you go with your rotation to keep the incoming damage manageable.
    On Rank 200, thats 6x 3%. So 18% total.

Because you start over at 0 % each finisher, the effective uptime of the buff splits in half. So 18% max means an average of 9% might increase in a realistic setting on average.

9% is still a lot, but thats actually less effective than strat card for example with its extra damage procs.

Now, there are scenarios where burst damage shines more than overtime damage but overall strat has the much greater potential and gets better the more health enemies have.
    • Like x 2
  10. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

For Rage ranged dps Neo+Infuriate with Transformation is actually extremely powerful and can be done pretty easily swapping in scrap and have some green spam.
    • Like x 4
  11. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

12. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its a good Art but its not a BiS and this is coming as a Rage Player in DPS and Tank and I use it in both. Its probably a cynical view on my part but it cant be BiS when you require someone else to be there to make sure you dont die from it. Good video and info but as others have said, its not a realistic thing. Ill even add "at this time". More Arts and builds could come that'll make it stronger or weaker but yeah, its strong, just not BiS.
    • Like x 3
  13. JDIRS Well-Known Player

Lernaea's Amulet is actually quite safe and effective when using the spammable/low-cost channel powers like Flame Cascade or Artic Gust - using the finisher is rarely necessary with those even in solo content because very minimal power is spent over the duration of combat. I find it a fun play style, kind of like the mobile attack AM days, plus even in DPS stance there's still some fire heals or ice armor for added survivability. Someone can also throw in the Transformation and Strategist cards along with a few DoT attacks since the hit counter goes up so fast any way.

Combo users like Rage or Atomic seem a bit too power hungry for Amulet in solo content, but I have also seen them top the charts in elite raids with it before, despite the risks.
    • Like x 1
  14. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

name me another artifact that scales over 40k buff in group? I don't work with opinions...only numbers
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

Spot on. "This is true if you have this and this and this and at this level and this..."

Amulet is suicide for people that just stick it in a slot without the right mitigators.
    • Like x 1
  16. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

WRONG!
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

Is that media you created, personally? Is that your testing, is what I am asking?
  18. Mysticwraith Well-Known Player

Yes, this is my youtube channel. I have been a content creator for other games for a few years. I was originally a private tester for many companies in the industry prior to forcing myself to create a youtube channel when I played Elder Scrolls Online. I was even a tester for SOE in a couple of projects, until I may have got into an argument with someone about an update that broke a feature. Anyways, don't assume I'm some average player. I don't expect everyone to like what I have to say, and I don't believe there's one absolute way to clear content in any game, but...I always do the math.
  19. Great Architect Loyal Player

I didn't assume anything - I asked a question. And there was a reason why I couched my question in a completely neutral manner. Your assumptions about my assumptions are your own.

I'll watch it through again.

Your background is irrelevant to the testing. It either stands or falls on it's own merits. It either has it's own authority or it has yours. Which is it?
    • Like x 3
  20. Great Architect Loyal Player

Your video shows one DPS, taking no external damage, being healed by a single Healer doing nothing but HoTs, correct? And it's "not that hard to keep this up".

You're testing in an ideal situation, no incoming damage other than your amulet, and only a single DPS using amulet. Correct?

I'd respectfully ask to see Raid footage, again with a single Healer. Maybe with 2 DPS running Amulet? Because you are suggesting that this is so good it ought to be Meta? Or is it just you that gets to use it?

Multiple Amulets on top of whatever the Tank is doing is hell. I'm not here to heal the DPS.
    • Like x 5