Why Lair Battles is the best thing to happen in PVP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Supermans Champion, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Supermans Champion New Player

Most of you may be disappointed in Lair battles I am not.
    Why:
    Latley the most action I have had in this game has came from lair battles. The other content is cool but it gets old such is the nature of MMO but all the more reason to play lair battles. Its like a box of chocolates you never know what your going to get. 1v1 forces you to become self-sufficant, something most players know little about. Some characters base their loadout and skill pts etc. On the assumption that they will be in a well functioning group. I do not. I base my character on the worse case situations. Think if everyone thought this way. How hard is it to wipe a team when everyone has word of power, or immunities for the group, or shields. So when you can provide this for yourself your pretty tough. Most people that come into lair battles un-prepaird for the worst quit, give up, or just take a beating. But every now and then you get a really good heart pounding fight. I don't mind taking a loss I have no one to blame but my self. I would rather that then thinking if only I had a better group after a terrible match up that lasted for 10 min.
  2. Joker New Player

considering 2 people just ran out on me mid match losing me the 5 in a row feat i think it may be the most annoying they need to take out the option to leave a match it just ended up getting me losing a feat due to being to kills off when the 2 guys ran out on me, the next match i qued into was met with a healer and an army of 5 pets -_-
  3. Ice Lantern New Player

It's easy to be "self-sufficient" when you have sidekicks healing you and giving you power as well as orbital strikes and supply drops.

I don't really have any issues with lair battles. It's the rest of the DLC I have issues with.