Why is there no Batgirl?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by WildPegasusrs, Oct 26, 2017.

1. WildPegasusrs Dedicated Player

Sure it can't be Barbara Gordon but we see Cassandra Cain's costume in the Batcave, moreover, since it covers her entirely the model is good to go for content, yet there's no Batgirl to be found in any content of the game :/ Do the devs hate her or something? :p
    • Like x 1
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

She's a vendor in the Watchtower.
    • Like x 8
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

You save Batgirl twice in hero play if Batman is your mentor.
    • Like x 1
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That is Batwoman.
    • Like x 4
  5. Wallachia Devoted Player

...I don't know the difference.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
    • Like x 2
  6. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

One’s gay... that’s pretty much it ;-)
    • Like x 1
  7. Jafin 10000 Post Club

There are many, but the most obvious ones you can see just by looking is that Batgirl had a black and yellow colour scheme and Batwoman has black and red. Also Batwoman's hair is extremely visible, whereas Batgirl's is completely hidden in her cowl.
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

WELL Batgirl (the original anyway) is Barbara Gordon ( Commissioner Gordon's daughter) .. eventually Joker shoots her she is paralyzed and becomes ORACLE so basically if you have Batman as your mentor you are chatting with "Batgirl" constantly)

Batwoman is Kathy Kane hence the whole "twice named daughter of Kane" thing during the Intergang mission around level 22 or so. Now according to the Wiki she was first created in the late 1950 as a potential love interest for Batman to stop the talk that Bats and Robin might be more than just crime fighting partners :eek: .. Apparently Batman with his mood swings didn't excite her enough because she eventually became a lesbian and now has a thing for Detective Renee Montoya ( You know the GCPD cop that helps you save Batwoman for Bruno).

See Batman is such a royal pain in the butt he can even turn convince a woman to start thinking "Maybe I'd be better off just dating another girl?" LOL

Hey YOU asked :p
  9. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Lol. Batwoman is Katherine Kane. Ex military, wealthy like Batman, prefers women.
    Batgirl was originally Barbara Gordon who is now Oracle thanks to the Joker. Than Helena Bertinelli was Batgirl but Batman fired her, so she became Huntress. Cassandra Cain who is in the game, is daughter of assassins David Cain and Lady Shiva. Than there is Stephanie Brown who was Robin for a little while, faked her death and than took over the role of Batgirl.
  10. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Barbara Gordon is obviously Oracle. She talks to us regularly when doing missions from the journal. It would be good to address her time as Batgirl, however it is a very dark story on how those days ended.
  11. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

[IMG]
  12. Jafin 10000 Post Club

It's actually Kate Kane, not Kathy. There was a Kathy Kane who was the original Batwoman, but she was active from the 1950s to the 1970s. Kathy did not "become a lesbian" because she's an entirely different person to Kate Kane, the current Batwoman who, among many other things, is lesbian. The Batwoman we have in game is Kate, not Kathy.
    • Like x 6
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Ahem.

[IMG]

Meet Betty Kane. The Original Bat-girl. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bette_Kane

Carry on. :D
    • Like x 6
  14. Eve YouTuber

No. No. Just NO. I refuse to admit she's the original. Barbara :(
    She's no Batgirl. Haha anyway maybe in the future we see Cassandras Batgirl in more content. As more episodes comes and story develop. :D
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

bettys one of my favorite characters. admittedly i dont think shes ever been portrayed to her full potential since ever but shes just that: a character with an entire world of potential.

i still don't know how i feel about barbara gordons return to the role.

would be nice to see this reflected in the game.
    • Like x 2
  16. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yeah Barbara is back as Batgirl with the new 52? Or are we on to the next update already? LOL I had my nephew ask a couple years ago why there were so many different Justice Leagues.. tried to explain it was "sort" of to keep the comics current since the 1939 version of Say Superman probably would have bored kids growing up in the 1970s. But they switch things so much you can hardly keep up without a score card.

Anyway Like i said having barb back as Batgirl would be nice BUT then how do they explain all that comm link stuff every single player listened to from level 4 to level 30 where ORACLE was your point of contact with the league? I suppose they could replace her with some one else.. Martian Manhunter comes to mind since you do get introduced to him when you tour the watch tower but that would mean hiring a voice actor to re do all that content.. I doubt they want to PAY for that. :(
  17. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, they wouldn't need to change your point-of-contact for the pre-30's stuff, because that would be the 'past', same as people starting now keep contact with Bats even though he is 'in hiding' right now (at a couples' retreat with Joker)
  18. xoHLxDPSox Steadfast Player

shes killed by Bruno Manheim ;)

for a greater cause I hear.
  19. Helios The Eternal Flame Dedicated Player

As some have already indicated,.....Barbara Gordon is the Original BatGirl who becomes Oracle after being crippled by the Joker. Cassandra Cain who is in the Tech Wing was BatGirl for a bit. While she may have been the deadliest BatGirl, being trained by her parents who are two of,....if not THE top two hand-to-hand combatants in the DC Universe. There are just not many compelling stories with Cassandra.

I guess they could do a Birds Of Prey with Cassandra, Canary, Huntress, and Oracle(Barbara). That would be the only way I would personally want to see this iteration of BatGirl included. Another thought, is that since Brainiac was able to access the Nexus again, during Amazon Fury storyline, Barbara could perhaps be re-introduced as a BatGirl of a different reality that was never crippled. That would work as well.
    • Like x 2
  20. Eve YouTuber

Birds of Prey yes, I want it so badly, as event or episode I don't even care, but that will be the best episode ever.
    *Crossing fingers*. Yes just like Wonder Woman is in Watchtower, Theymscira and Gotham Wastelands at the same time.
    Different realities. (For example).
    • Like x 1