Why is the blocking mechanic favoring...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Joker, Apr 27, 2013.

1. Joker New Player

Honestly why is the current block/BB mechanic favoring the people who want to tap block and then knock you down far after your BB animation has ended? I truly have no idea i see my BB hit there block yet i am the person who ends up on their rear fix the latency so people can stop exploiting it i am block breaking people who are not blocking and today i got knocked down for the same block break counter twice what kind of foolishness is that Devs?
    • Like x 1
  2. Trinidad James Loyal Player

Block spammers are so annoying, They're tapping block to try and bait you in to get immunity. The timing of the system mechanics seems to be off as I noticed some players go into and out of block way to easily to where my BB won't connect and I fail. I mean as soon as they Block, I try a BB, but when they see me start a BB they can just unblock. I shouldn't have to completely guess when they going to block and hope my BB connects by doing a BB before they block, if they do block.
  3. chaoticreign New Player

Its the speed hack at lower levels. It throws off the blocking and BB just enough so you cannot react based on the screen,

Hackers have be known and approved by devs since launch.
  4. Talve Dedicated Player

You are not supposed to be able to react to tap block.
    That is the whole point -> you have safe and non-safe versions of both (block and blockbreaker).
    If you would be able to react to everything (all blocks and block breakers) game would become very one sided.

1. Just keep spamming taps to queue up for a strong hit
    2. He used blockbreaker for what ever reason -> lunge
    3. He used block thing you will finish combo now -> block break
    (Block would be very hard to time, as combos can be finished at any time.
    So if someone is using DW for example, for good damage combo can be finished at anywhere from 1 to 4 taps. Have fun blocking with 1/4th of success rate)

So in general just randomly rotating between your left combos would be safest thing to do.
    Who ever blocks 1st and fails loses (as you want it to always be punishable).
    Who ever blockbreaks 1st and fails loses.

So just spam combos and throw in a lot of stuns to interrupt opponents combos. That would be fun, wouldn't it?

Or other thing people seem to want is to lose reaction time on everything.
    So block breaker would have 0 second interrupt window after animation...
    That seems fun as well...to play complete 100% anticipation 0% reaction based rock-paper-scissors...
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What you have instead is
    tap block -> relatively safe block to use to bait out block breakers, collect left taps and every now and then to catch left combos.
    long block -> unsafe but better at collecting left taps and catching left combos.

And you have
    Use enough tap blocks to keep fear on your opponent and avoid him from using block-breakers.
    Use enough long blocks to collect a lot of taps into your blocks and to make left combos from opponent even less safe.
    (Simple version of course is to only use tap blocks. Will not be as efficient but usually does the work)

And you have 2 ways to block break
    stun covered block breaker on someone without breakout immunity -> every time you opponents stun immunity runs out, using block breaker and clipping it to cover it with a stun is very safe (with the new 1.35 second block breakers).
    block breaker used on someone who has breakout immunity -> every tie you use block breaker on someone who is not stuck in animation / has stun immunity, it will be easily punished.

So you have 2 ways to block break. Key again is to use both, as if you only use safe versions, you become to easily readable.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So what 1.35 second block breaker window did was balancing block and block breaker.
    And instead of only having to keep counting your and your opponents left taps, you now have to keep track on your stun immunity window and your opponents stun immunity window to get maximum out of your safe moves.

And because both moves have safe and unsafe versions, game is much more than just a button smash.

Only issue with old block breaker was that interrupt window was too large.
    It meant that if you used a block breaker, missed the counter but stunned the opponent,
    your target could break out and still have enough time to make a coffee, drink it, read a newspaper and still lunge you.
    Now it is fixed with small interrupt window.

Dealing with people who tap block a lot is actually much easier right now than to deal with well timed stun covered block breakers.

So 1.35 seconds is far?
    Block has 0.5 second minimal window. You can't clip your blocks animation.
    Block breaker now has 1.35 second window. You can clip your block breakers animation and cover it with stuns. Also you are keeping up damage while doing block breakers.