Why I am not buying Legendary Allies.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Vengeance Gray, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Vengeance Gray Level 30

In a word: Value!

I was interested in buying Queen Diana for my tank, however, she had bugs at the time, so I didn’t pay attention to Legendary Allies until last week when I found out about Nubia!

Everything that I saw about Nubia is dope. I saw her benefits on both my tank and troll, which are my main roles, and I was ready to drop my $23 to get her when available.

Then I found out that Legendary Allies only apply to one character, rather than account, when purchased. I understood using that philosophy with allies available in game, which are easy to obtain and level.

When facing a cost point of $175 to $250 (I used a lower price point because people have stored up xp and catalyst or have the money to buy catalyst off the broker and vendors) to purchase and level one Legendary Ally; tacking on another $23 to purchase the same Ally again isn’t fair value to me. I primarily run two toons; however, I know players running upwards of 30 toons. That extra $23 adds up quickly.

I understand business; I’m all for DC making its money. To get that money there should be fair value. There should be fair trade. I don’t see those traits in the current offering; especially considering people are still having financial difficulties amidst Covid-19.

My offered solutions would be:

Make purchased allies available to all characters on an account.

Make Legendary allies available in game for Source marks or one of the Dr. Fate currencies, and account bound to share to different characters.

I tell everyone “It’s your $14.99, do you”. I’m not telling anyone else what to do; I’m saying what I’m going to do and why.

Be Happy, Be Safe everyone.
    • Like x 2
  2. Jafin 10000 Post Club

These are planned and in the works, confirmed by Charon. They just don't have a timeframe for when it will be implemented yet.

You can see Charon's post about it at the link below.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dc...n-a-canadian-perspective.318511/#post-4446783
    • Like x 5
  3. Charon Lead Content Designer

MP T3 will be claimable account wide.
    MP T3 has been decided to go on Cyborg for SMs. Those will be on a one to one character ratio. You buy one there, it's just for that character.
    We are not putting them on Dr. Fate just yet. Want to see how they go on Cyborg. We have the option to add it elsewhere if it's determined to be necessary or beneficial.

We met about it today to finalize plans on it. It is happening.
    • Like x 21
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I thought that was "Survival Modes" for SM at first...then I sighed in relief, LOL.
    • Like x 4
  5. BumblingB I got better.

I did too, had to read it 3 times to realize he was talking about Source Marks.
    • Like x 5
  6. Charon Lead Content Designer

Just another Halloween scary moment to go along with the Fall Fest release today. Boo! ohh... scary moments. SM. Even more to conflate the confusion with.
    • Like x 11
  7. Yvtq8k3n The 7 Well-Known Player

What I was pretty sure it was Survival Mode:(

I'm still hopping for an adjustment (standardization) of weapon speed
    Power Movement Pass
    Iconic Powers Update(Add phase Dodge here)

Well, but for now I'm quite happy;)
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

For me, $23-$25 is simply too much money to spend on a single ingame item. For that price all of their passives should be active when you slot them.
    • Like x 4
  9. Vengeance Gray Level 30

Thank You for that update! Looking forward to Nubia.
  10. Eve YouTuber

So if I bought Queen Diana, Flashpoint Batman and Emperor Aquaman, I will be able to claim them on other characters? or do I need to buy them again?
  11. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this will be retroactive 100% - if thats what youre asking.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

Okay yeah this is what I was talking about. I didn't want to have to buy them again...
  13. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

How come you you only respond when someone else pipes up? Why if I wasn’t so grateful for another update, I could take it personally. :p
  14. Clintelligence Level 30

Why I'm not buying Allies....

I cannot yet get Lex Luthor. Since realistically I'm only going to level one on each character, it makes sense that I would do wait for the character that I like the most. Once Lex drops, I'll be right there.