Why aren't the missions to get my Base triggering?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jack T. Chance, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Okay, so, I have some of my newer characters that are now at or above the appropriate level where the missions that give them their Base should have triggered by now. But they're not triggering at all. They don't even show up in the Journal's Priority Tab.

I'm making an educated guess that this has something to do with changes from the latest Game Updates. So, does anyone know what's going on and why my newer characters aren't able to get their missions to get their first Base? :confused:

Oh yeah, US PC/PS Server, playing on a Windows 10 machine that's fully up-to-date on its Windows Updates.
  2. Gimpy Loyal Player

You have completed all the lower missions right?
    Not just leveled the toon but actually "completed" the lower storylines where you are given the deed and all that stuff.
    IIRC, you have to finish the storyline before the mission for the base is given.
    • Like x 3
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You might need to go through all the safehouses and double check there isn't an NPC who has a mission for you.
    • Like x 1
  4. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

I had to visit all the watchtower stations. I believe it's a mission called welcome to the watchtower.
    • Like x 1
  5. StealthBlue Loyal Player

You have to finish the mission that introduced you to the WT/HoD, and get the exobyte plans and do the vault from ambush bug. If you haven't been introduced to the WT/HoD yet, you need to make sure you've finished the mission before it. For Superman/Lex mentor, it's the Hive at the Metrodome. For WW/Circe mentor, it's Raven at the science police headquarters. For Batman/Joker mentor, it's Babe at the lighthouse.
    • Like x 2
  6. JohnnyMagic Well-Known Player

^-^ Hero is WatchTower and Villain is Hall of Doom
    • Like x 1
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay a question.... Have you gone to the Watch Tower or Hall of Doom and done the tour yet? You need to complete that and then go back to which ever faction your mentor is associated with and chat with the rep at the R+D station (part where you get your first recipes). At that point you get a free vault ticket from Ambush Bug (hero side) to introduce you to the vault and THEN you get your deed.

All that other stuff needs to happen first before the deed drops and you can pick a spot to locate your lair. The lair is available around level 10 but you don't get those missions until you complete that other tutorial introduction stuff. Hope that helps Oh and IF you did all that and did NOT get a deed... Your glitched .. report it
    • Like x 1
  8. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Yep that's the one.. You get taken on a tour the high lights all the important spots of the HQ and then all that other stuff I mentioned in my other post kicks in.. Been a LONG while since I created a villain so not sure if they just change the title from Watch Tower to hall of Doom or have a totally different one . but the tour is the same
    • Like x 1
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Ahh yes I forgot to add that part. Until you complete that first mentor mission you get right after you escape from Brainiac's ship the "Welcome to the Watch Tower" mission will not kick in.
  10. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Eons ago.... you used to get your base at around level 9 or 10.

Now you are around level 14 when you get your base.

But the level is NOT what triggers you getting your base.

You have to play the main quest untill you get the explore the WT or HoD mission.... and after the WT or HoD mission you get the R&D mission.... the Ambush Bug mission and then you get your Lair.

You can see that at around 01:44:00. ;)
    • Like x 2
  11. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

The missions described above where a player head to the Watchtower for the first time occurs after that player finished the first mentor mission. The only other mission available at that point is the one where you go out and in part one defeat a group of 20 Brainiac bot attacking the safe house. They have no other missions from any other safe house yet since they have NO other contacts assigned yet.
    • Like x 2
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Thanks guys! When I fire up the game again later this evening, I'll just focus on the low-level story missions I must've skipped over (due to every character getting Earth 3 content at Level 10 now, and let's be honest, that newer content is more interesting than the same old low-level stuff we've been playing for 7 years!)
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

OH yeah LOL That will throw things off a bit. i did the same thing with an alt I created back when RwC started up.. Between the gear that drops daily now in the vault and hitting that zone up at level ten I think I was close to level 20 before I ACTUALLY got a lair going. I don't mind the older stuff but getting to do something different has a definite appeal to it. Have fun :D
    • Like x 2