Why aren't money spammers being perma-banned?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Magnificent, Oct 12, 2019.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

I love to see people conjecturing about actions, or lack of them, as if they held answers that the targets of their demands would never have.

I want to waste time with speculations too: This wouldn`t happen so much if the game was buy to play instead of having a subscription.
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Ill make these short and sweet as we've now trespassed into 'novel' level typing on something purely theoretical.
    1. Yes...I tend to use common sense. Sorry for that.
    2. Yes...I fully expect them to make a new 'Bank' account, but I'd expect them to lose whatever was on the previous 'bank' account. That's the point. And nope...I don't think adding bots to ignore is a great idea....it would be a bit better with an account wide list, but it doesn't exist yet.
    3. Correct...drugs are not gold, but the structure and 'sting' operation is the same. The corner boys do not hold the mother load of product or cash and I already said they were selling blatantly (and I've been in neighborhoods where this is common). They guys who supply them do not either...the people or stash house about them is where the stash is....that's why it's called a 'stash...house'....it's not because the people there have facial hair. That's the people to stop...not the corner boys.
    4. If you are aware of such a glitch and talking about it openly I think that's a bad idea. I'd hope you've reported it to DBG by now.
    5. I wasn't really concerned with getting the loot or money off the barker accounts. The barkers are disposable. The bank is the only target as far as I'm concerned....anything you get out of the game inventory by taking whatever mules or barker accounts are netted up in the operation are a bonus as far I care.
    6. The code for artifacts or augments...source marks...accessories...all did not exist at one time. The game is able to be re-coded. Adding a SQL (or whatever DB is used to track the 1's and 0's) query that alerts when a piece of mail comes into a flagged account is not an unbelievable amount of coding.
    7. Well you've spent more time with them than me....so maybe your inside info on how their operation works is better. Hey...maybe you can be the undercover guy! BTW...I'm an in game billionaire, have more than 400+ SP and have never worked with a gold seller. I've also never done business with anyone who I know has used them as buyer or seller. Maybe I do know some, but they just have not talked about it. I'd honestly guess that $100 worth of gold nets a player seller more like $30 or $40. 15-25% doesn't seem like a great profit margin for the amount of infrastructure you propose they have in place. I'd guess 60-70% profit instead.
    8. (really? 8 from 4?) Yes...I had 1 mail left, but they were able to see there were 2 others that were deleted. And yes, they'd see a log with reference to the mails. And that's looking at something that was not being proactively monitored...it was after the fact. I'm proposing a 'trap' to watch a monitored account....believe me it's doable. Data is traceable and monitor-able down to the lowest bit. It's just a matter of what they want to set up for tracking and monitoring. I'm not saying watch every transaction in the mail...besides the fact it would be creepy, it would be time consuming. I'm saying ID the mules and monitor them....they already broke the TOS by selling gold, so they have no right to privacy at that point...or their account even. Monitor those few mule accounts you ID, find the bank who supplies them and shut them down or start monitoring them and see if it goes deeper to a 'warehouse' even. Maybe Walter White's lab under the laundromat in New Mexico. Yeah it won't stop the gold selling industry, but it will make them flinch if you hit them high enough up the food chain.

As your next post will likley be 2x as long with more supposition (hey, mine is too...just shorter)...can we just agree to disagree at this point? It's 2x weekend after all and I've got runs to run and marks to earn.

Reinheld
  3. CrescentMoon Well-Known Player

1-2. K
    3. But the corner boy keeps the product on them that can potentially be lost. They don't get the product from the source and then sell it within 2 minutes like what happens with the gold sites.
    4. No point in reporting things are illegal irl outside of game as there's nothing Daybreak can do to stop it. The only reason I bring them up is because China's business and cyber practices are...controversial at times. I mean these are things that would get your entire PSN banned, not just from DC. Assuming you were able to not get caught/put in prison.
    6. If it hasn't been added after 7 years, idkman.
    7. Funny enough, there's actually negotiations that can happen if you have a history with them xD But think about it this way. Say I spend $400, and I get a 25% profit. That's $100. Few months back, I knew 2 ppl, older ppl that had disability checks, that would dump $200-$400 every month on a site. That's $100-200 just from 2 ppl every month in profit. In 1 league, 1 server. There's no way across all the leagues on the game on US and EU they aren't making several thousands every month, low end. Even when a new time capsule or booster bundle comes out, if you get $20 profit from just 50 customers, that's $1000 everytime that drops. Every TC, Every BB, Every SM, Every DLC that has rare op collections that go for 100-200+mil. Every person stuck in the 400+sp that still needs the Sandstorm Aura feat but it's 400mil in the broker. That need to buy tc gear to skip up their alt's cr. That needs to redecorate their base but the seasonal currency rate in the marketplace is worse than just buying the cash and buying the items from the broker or the trade section of the forums. That needs the henchmen but they're 100mil and they can't get the drop after months of running. That need to buy og plasmic/nimbus/void/liquid/cosmic/diamond but they're all 1-2+bil each with the plasmic being near 10bil. The more cosmetics and rare's this game puts in, the more things that get added to the list that people will eventually turn to players or the sites to supply the in game cash for it. There are plenty of ppl that have jobs, free checks, etc. that just either don't have the drive or the time to do the grinding required to get all the cosmetics and sp they want. They'd rather break ToS than spend thouands of dollars more on time capsules to just get nothing because of RNG. You can spend $300 rn and get the NSF, void, and phoenix guaranteed. Or you can spend $300 on time capsules and not get a single one even after selling everything you got from it. The system DC set up is tragic if they wanted to maximize their income :confused:
  4. dportmike New Player

I don't even notice them anymore...I have better things to...rant about then this.