Why are they no longer tweaking/changing abilities?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lucidex, Aug 10, 2023.

1. Lucidex Active Player

Let me start by saying that I am not asking for Buffs or debuffs of any specific kind, for any specific power...all I am asking for is a fresh new gameplay style...ever since I came back to this game two year ago all i've seen them do is add more artifacts or buff/change existing artifacts...it's almost as if they've replaced abilities completely.

Today we got another Artifact tweak, Amulet of rao got a dot added to it...and I just wonder if this is all they do now?
    are we going to stick to the same playstyle till the end of this game? no variety or replayablility?

there is a thousand thing you can do, you can remove the supercharges from nature forms, you can add more forms for mental for those Martian Manhunter toons, give free powers combo moves etc etc.

like seriously when an ability get a buff or tweak its most likely in the form of an artifact! this is ridiculous! How hungry are you for money?
    • Like x 3
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. DarkMastery Active Player

Yeah pretty much this .
  4. Uranisan New Player

I mean I don't think they'll be changing it any time soon...
  5. OdieBadger Well-Known Player

New devs can’t tweak these. Why is the Chemo boss almost elite plus? Because no one at DCUO plays the game. Game is turning into a embarrassingly bad.
  6. Lucidex Active Player

Not even Iconic powers?, Clown Box is still sitting there for over a decade being completely useless.
    • Like x 3
  7. Uranisan New Player

Well devs would've already changed things if they can, soo they won't
  8. Gam3r4Lif3 Dedicated Player

Actually long ago, in the ancient times it was once useful. There was an exploit during origin crisis I believe. May be wrong on the time but at 1 point many years ago people used it.

But I agree power tweaks would help freshen things up. I’m getting a little bored of content and sometimes switching powers freshens things up but I’ve played every power enough to where I’m bored of switching powers lol

Power tweaks > New power
    • Like x 1
  9. DarkMastery Active Player

I agree I wish more was done but nothing and I get they need to make money but there focus is on tc, Allies and arts and Booster bundles and only robot sidekick was updated a year or two ago. But even that I feel was only updated because of that art matrix which ties in with robot sidekick lol. I understand they want to make money but it feels like that's all they care about and the lack of pvp speaks to that to a degree.
    • Like x 1
  10. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

It's really sad it's like this from what I've seen since I've left and came back.

Lack of content
    Lack of any pvp approach
    Recycled content
    Lack of communication only when necessary
    Quick to push out a new TC
    Quick to push out a new BB
    Quick to push out a new Art
    Quick to push out a new allies

They got bills to pay just like the rest of us but the drive isn't there or lack of inspiration.
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They've actually slowed down on these. But I agree with you on everything else.
    • Like x 1
  12. LowFlyingMoon Loyal Player

Lol... What?
  13. Grip Committed Player

Haven't seen it used in forever. Oddly enough, iconic abilities came up in another thread (https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?threads/new-tank-artifact-idea.329083/), and Gag Glove was mentioned. I think I've seen it used every single day since...

I'm definitely down to see the iconic set get touched up when the time is right. Good point