Why are normies faster/more co-ordinated than 'supers'?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Reinheld, Jul 20, 2020.

1. SekretVillain Loyal Player

As a healer main that has no DPS artifacts and a iffy DPS loadout I hate the crime mission mainly the canister one because if you cant burn quickly you lost out #s towards finishing quickly.
    • Like x 1
  2. Schimaera Devoted Player

Whelp, if it's for role playing reasons, loot at it this way: Grabbing a stache of guns is usually faster than dismantling them. At least it is irl ^^
  3. Schimaera Devoted Player

I see where you're coming from. May I ask you the reasons you didn't keep let's say a full set of green gear or basically just use your "cycle role" button to go DPS where you can have a different loadout and you get stat buffed anyways to get things done faster? Is this a role playing thing? Basic non-good-but-non-bad loadouts are a dime a dozen on YT and take basically only seconds to see and to adjust to.
    • Like x 1
  4. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Also, I just noticed the other day they arent called rioters anymore?
  5. Brit Loyal Player

From a metagaming standpoint, I assumed that they had the faster timers because if our timer was equal to theirs, it would just be a matter of who clicks it first, and if ours was faster, we could effectively steal them from the enemies with zero risk of ever losing one. It was designed to create multiple avenues of playstyle, where some people prefer to kill the enemies first for the potential to score all 10 points, and some people prefer to shield and collect what they can as fast as they can for a partial score, rather than risk having some of it stolen.

From an in-game standpoint, the reason why the citizens seem to be more effective than the heroes is because we're not doing the same things. It's a weapon drop. We are trying to disarm the weapons. They are trying to pick up the weapons. It is much faster and easier to pick up a rifle than it is to disarm it of it's ammunition and render it inert, or to pick up a glowy energy baton than it would be to hack into it and disarm it so that it is depowered.

It's much faster and easier to pull the pin out of a grenade than it is to disarm a bomb. Their job requires speed; ours requires finesse, so our characters can't rush it.
  6. Brit Loyal Player

I feel for you there, brother. Brit is 100% healer. No DPS artifacts or gear or stats. I don't even bother with a DPS loadout. I run in Healer stance 100% of the time, including the soloing of dailies.

I'm Nature, so your mileage may vary, but I'll give you my breakdown. I shield. I activate the first cannister while shielded. I can basically always get it, and I have about a 50/50 split of losing one of the other cannisters during this exchange.

Then, because I am Nature and no powers on my bar deal damage at all, everything is just heals, I pop a Savage Growth for the pop-up effect to juggle them, breaking them off of the remaining cannisters, and I start weapon combo'ing them down slowly.

The cannisters are laid out in a triangle formation. The enemies can only activate them from what would be considered the corner of the triangle. They have to be on the exterior; they cannot activate it from the inside or middle the way we can. That means that after eliminating one cannister, I can stage myself on the outside of the triangle between the two remaining ones and my Savage Growth juggle with knock enemies off of both the remaining two, so they can never get one unless they get it while I am actively doing the first.

Knock-up. Weapon combo. Knock-up. Weapon combo. Back and forth, slowly whittling them down. It's slow. It's less effective than the way I do it on DPS characters. But I always get between 8 and 10 points on each node (barring an opposing faction character showing up to start claiming stuff).

Secondary tip, especially if you're playing on villainside, go towards the Metahuman Experiment. The cannister nodes right near the home base are a high traffic area where you see a lot of opposing characters claiming your credits, and especially as a villain where most of what you're going to see is the outnumbering of heroes, it is easy to do all of the work and get little of the credit. However, over near ol' Titanic Trenton, there are several nodes that mostly go untouched. There you can do the healer strategy, taking a little bit of extra time, and juggle/whittle them down to get full credit for the node without interuptions most of the time.
  7. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

I do not remember exactly what the players goal is for this particular mission, but I thought it was 'get the weapons off the street'. If I am correct, it seems to me if I don't want bad guys getting weapons / bombs, I'm not going to disarm them; I'm going to remove them. Why take the time to render a gun or bomb unusable when I can just take it away? If I leave them behind, I think there is a reasonable chance someone will repair them. So I'd just take them away. Hence, both players and NPC should have same timers if doing the same thing. Just my thought.
  8. Arwen Skywalker Loyal Player

That's the main reason I strayed away from this method of acquiring the daily. The avenue south of the rally point is just filled with the hero-side vans.

But I did figure out a way, as a gadgets user tho, how to perfectly sweep the zealots method.

Once landed, I drop TWO implosion mines just right before the cogs activate. I click ONE cog, the zealots run towards the mines and get CCed. One of the reason why I immediately click a cog is to remove at least one obstruction when I DPS. The pods can pretty much block your attacks from a zealot on the otherside. Then its pretty much killing them all.
  9. SekretVillain Loyal Player

I'm water I usually pop bubble drowned shark riptide shark depth charge and all the adds are 95%+ dead
  10. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Oh I'm cr301 as DPS cr304 as healer, I just dont have artifacts for DPS or top augments.

I prefer not wasting XP on a role I'm not going to play when I can give that XP to friends who need it for their augments still
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Well if you want to get that literal, the Zealots are also putting on shoulderpads and backpacks...not just pulling a pin in a grenade or picking up a rifle. They are also men and women...so the gear they are picking up would not fit right without adjusting the straps....hope they have 5 min to get geared up. BTW...we are not disarming bombs...we are destroying supply drop cases. I shoot fire from my hands or could summon a volcanic eruption, so why do I need to cog the boxes anyway?...I could just melt them. I've also dropped orbital strikes on the drop, so that it's hitting the adds when they come out...to keep them agro'd....but yet the cases are not affected....again, not very immersive if you wanted to get technical, an orbital strike should destroy the cases or render them inoperable at least.

I'll agree that it is probably designed this way to add a challenge factor....fine. Doesn't mean I have to accept it. Not sure we need challenge on a daily grind mission that is just busy work. It's just a bit 'busier work' this way.

Anyhoo...to each his own. Timed the trucks last night...I still think its slower, but I'll probably pepper some in if I draw a Huntress/Catwoman overload again...it will decrease my annoyance with the mission. It's only a few weeks to Wonderverse (probably) and I'll down running in BOP by at least 8 of the 12 toons then.
  12. Schimaera Devoted Player

Sure, but what does this have to do with the dailies taking so much time? You don't need artifacts or augments to defeat some zealots in a matter of second ^^
  13. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Just telling you where my DPS / damage falls
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

No need to but thanks. In boosted open world your damage isn't really important because even the minimum you can dish out is fairly enough to pull not just your own weight but do it in a fast manner, too. Grap some okay loadout and you will still shred the adds in BoP Metro in no time ^^