Whose excited for Walkiing Dead?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by SuperSloppsta, Oct 12, 2013.

1. SuperSloppsta New Player

I know I am I love that show (probably too much)
    for those that dont knwo the season premiere is tommorow and damn I cant wait.
    • Like x 1
  2. Meta Flare New Player

I am super pumped
  3. Mont New Player

i loved the 5 min preview i saw today, think it jumps another 6-8 months
  4. Mont New Player

been watching season 3 on netflix today
  5. Weapon meX New Player

I am!! i am!

Finally something to watch on Sundays, with Dexter gone, Falling Skies new season still in post production; at least we still got zombies...........

checklist:
    1.chips - check!
    2.ice cold beverage - check!
    3.comfortable seating - check!

I'm Ready!!!!!!!!
    • Like x 2
  6. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I'll be doing the same!
    2 1/2 hours to go, I'm watching the marathon leadup on AMC as we speak.
    • Like x 1
  7. compasionate grenade Committed Player

I know I'm amped to see the premiere also. I'm guessing AMC will have the highest ratings for tonights show.
  8. Weapon meX New Player

half hour in, on commercial break and it is....awesome!! zombie pig??
  9. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Yo what could kill a human like that overnight? damn that was nuts
  10. Meta Flare New Player

Right. First the pig then that kid. So now zombieism can be transmitted via the air and between species? Also what's with the eyes of the kid at the end. They are the same as that one at the fence they kept showing.
  11. Weapon meX New Player

My guestimates are as follows:

1. humans share a close ancestor to chimps, and also, share up to 112 DNA mutations linked to a range of disease including Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s with Sus or pigs; according to a 2012 genome research lead by Professor Martien Groenen.

2. swine flu could play a role, and without proper medical care..............bam!! your dead.

humans and pigs sharing similar "genetics" raises another question. If, it was not swine flu that killed Patrick. What then, could have caused a death in the pig(Violet) and the human Patrick? Could their deaths be coincidence?

In the beginning of this season's episode Patrick did offer to thank Daryl for catching a deer, then, later before Rick met Clara; there was a deer carcass half eaten... possibly by a walker. Could the deer meat he (Patrick) ate prior, as well have been tainted by a walker?
    That's a unknown as it was never shown, in what condition the deer was in when Daryl captured it.

So next question is: if the deer was not tainted by a walker what then could have transferred over to Patrick and the pig?
    If it was an airborne disease others would have shown or might begin to show; in upcoming episodes ( if they survive the night) similar symptoms. For that to be true we will have to wait and see.

One thing to note is that pigs are omnivores but some domesticated swine are selectively herbivores. Deers are also herbivores.
    Could the food from which they eat be tainted in some way? It's certain that, the area where the pig pen is located at, was the scene of the mass walker annihilation; that, team-Rick lead, when surging the prison gates. Maybe the walker blood seeped into the ground tainting it? Remember the farm house episode when they had the fat chubby walker stuck in the well? and how they could not drink that water.... maybe same will hold true here.

In previous episodes it was said, that all of them had the walker disease in them, dormant until they died, which would reanimate the person into a walker. That explains why Patrick; after what ever killed him, turned into a walker.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Weapon meX New Player

you know what?? now i got to re-see the episode lol, i missed that foreshadowing. They did show that freaky walker's eyes
    [IMG]
    more than twice and Rick kept looking at him in the beginning and end of tonight's episode... good catch!
  13. LL New Player

Loved the new episode...

However did someone on here compare or at least say falling skies is as good?...lol

I actually watch that show, and wonder why every week, it's not very good....it's a joke really...
  14. Vyltran Loyal Player

I really like walking dead so far than falling skies lol.. zombiieezz rushzz!..
  15. Weapon meX New Player

I mentioned falling skies...me!! I never compared the two. One is about zombies the other is about aliens. when i posted my mentionings, it was geared at me stating.... i have nothing to watch on Sundays, yet those three shows are usually what i watch on Sunday's

Your preferences are your own. i happen to like those shows i mentioned hmpff!
    • Like x 1
  16. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

I watch Falling Skies too, but it's junkfood tv compared to Walking Dead. I think the show has a solid lead in Noah Wyle and he does a good job carrying the show. Unlike, the lead character (Nolan) in Defiance whom I find somewhat unwatchable.

About Walking Dead... I don't think it really matters why the kid died yet, unless people start dropping like flies. What matters is that there's a Walker on the loose inside at a time when people are asleep with their guard down. I think the pig was just to illustrate the dangers of having an emotional attachment in the new zombie world as seen later in the kid's naming the zombies, with the two extreme viewpoints being Beth's non emotional response to her "boyfriend" Zach's death and Clara's undying love for her "boyhead" Eddie.

[IMG]
    Mom! Phineas is dying again!
    So which show will we see Perry the Platypus end up on? I'm betting on Showtime's Masters of Sex.o_O
  17. LL New Player

I try to like falling skies, I really do, after all I still watch it...it's beyond a joke. I don't think I have seen a worse show get renewed.

Walking dead was great tonight, and I'm really interested into the drunk they brought in...aka from the wire, he is a good actor so I hope he has a role, as I loved the wire.
  18. Mont New Player

the main man stated on talking dead last year "No zombie Animals" the "virus" is mutating , making animals sick and killing them but not turning them, explanes all the dead wildlife Rick saw, the tainted meat makes people deathly ill allowing them to turn.... or it could be water supply, or the veggies never have trusted veggies
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  19. Weapon meX New Player

so what your saying.................ZOMBIE VEGGIES!!! lol

Something i caught after a re-watching of the show was, towards the beginning of the show before Michone arrives. Rick's son comes out to meet him at the garden and tells him, "why didn't you wake me?" and Rick reply's, "i knew you were up all night with a flashlight, reading comics."

This struck me due to the fact, that, it seemed this might be a normal occurrence for Carl. Before the show started, "previously on walking dead" They emphasize partly on Carl shooting the un-armed boy. Even on talking Dead they raised the question is Carl ok now?
    To me this ties into the next episode, with Patrick turned Zombie; at night, when everyone's asleep. It seems Roy (the guy with the alcohol issues) is still awake and hears the coughing. If Carl is awake reading the comics, MIchone gave him earlier in the episode. Might he be the one that has to take out the Patrick walker?

If so, history might repeat itself for him, yet in a different circumstance which ties into the whole, " not naming walkers idea." What if now he has to kill another un-armed boy turned walker, yet one that he grew to have a bond to?

On the talking dead the Executive Producer did mention this season will focus on the children of the group.... could this emphasis be on how they react and adapt to circumstances they face and how it affects them psychologically. As evident by Beth's detachment emotionally from the news of her BF's death by Zombie ankle biter. Now might Carl, who might be up reading his comics, be faced again with the dilemma of having to take out another person who was close to him, who like his mother; had a name, and how might this affect his mental state? Carl will do it, if he's awake and first to respond. Yet the psychological toll may be a focal point.

what do you guys think?
  20. MentosTroll Loyal Player

Whatever is killing pigs and humans aren't necessarily "zombie diseases", they can just be normal diseases that can kill a human in 24 hours withing contracting it...
    But I don't know about having a disease as an enemy...it can magically appear on anyone, whenever the writers decides to kill a character.