Who to take as a combat ally?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Tolly, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Tolly Committed Player

I'm tempted by superman or see why not Krypto as a combat ally who to take? or would you advise another?

At the moment I'm with the robot from the room of legends, but I'm tempted to change, good or bad idea?
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For Single Target take House of Legends Bot. For AoE take Cyborg.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Krypton better for ST and I’m pretty sure superman is best for AoE
    • Like x 1
  4. GermanM Committed Player

Superman for aoe yes.
    I believe Kripto is a little weaker than House of Legends Bot, but the difference is very small. Also Krypto attack´s faster, but any of those will do the job.
  5. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

Superman might not have the best single target, but he never fails to do his damage. Even if you screw up and get him out at a weird time when the boss isn't targetable... he will sit there and WAIT to hit him. Definitely a worthwhile investment if you're a tank power and will use him as a passive there as well.
  6. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I think the point is if you've already invested in House of Legends Bot (or Cyborg) like the OP has there isn't any point in investing in an ally that is marginally better (or worse).
    • Like x 1
  7. Enfys New Player

Krypto single target on bosses is pretty good, does more damage to a single target than HoL bot, but really just use the ally you have the most fun with
    • Like x 1
  8. GermanM Committed Player

But obsidian chill´s test say other thing:

House of Legends are still stronger in Single target bosses.
    • Like x 2
  9. Tolly Committed Player

I use Cyborg passively for the mana comfort it offers.

If you're not sure, Superman does touch Adds and bosses? because I don't think anything is detailed, well not precisely detailed, compared to other allies, where they are well indicated on what they touch in combat.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

If you're using Cyborg for your passive Superman is the next best for multi target damage.
  11. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Wrong.

His Krypto testing was before final tuning. These are current damage numbers of HOL Bot and Krypto. (Both tested on boss. 378 CR, Live server)

HOL Bot
    [IMG]

Krypto
    [IMG]

For single target boss damage HOL Bot and Krypto are pretty much same in damage. I prefer Krypto because he finishes his job faster and this leaves less interruption window compared to HOL Bot.
    • Like x 3
  12. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

;)

[IMG]
    • Like x 4
  13. GermanM Committed Player

Ah... never saw that, thanks anyway. By the way, can you make a video about sorcery dps might without pets? please.
    • Like x 1
  14. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

Would be fun if we could select which ally to summon by somehow being able to rotate them on our hud. sort of like a special hero dial...

Even if Krypto was the worst of the worst I would keep him equipped just for the fun of it.
    • Like x 1